• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Snake is not a bad match-up for Yoshi. Definitely not. That said, I believe that the new character will be Yoshi.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Gimmicky ATs screams that it must be Pit, Yoshi or Lucas. The edgeguarding leads me to believe that it might be Lucas, his PKT does knock Snake off of his Cypher, but the KO is somewhat questionable, his fsmash is rather amazing IMO and not that hard to land, but outside of that I guess his KO options do seem sparse besides gimping. Pit doesn't really destroy some characters with his edgeguarding, but he does lack that solid kill option as well. I still think this one is Lucas.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying Yoshi; his "recovery" is easily stopped, and he's horribly underplayed.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
diddy was already done..... and i am sorry underated? a diddy beat M2K. i dont know if he was before but he certainly isnt now. and based off of what i have read i am willing to go with sheik.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sheik sounds more reasonable than pit. Sheik lacks reliable finishers and her recovery is rather mehish...

but she also might do well vs Snake/D3 with her ftilt lock.

Sharky

Smash Master
Woo, Yoshi!

Pit/Lucas could work but they're not "extremely underrated and underplayed" like Yoshi is. About time they covered my little dino friend. =D

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Severely underplayed and underrated, this character can prove to be one of the more annoying characters to fight against.
Underplayed and/or underrated characters:
Fox, Ike, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Mario, Olimar, Peach, Pkmn Trainer, Zamus, Sonic, Yoshi

With some interesting strategies that can possibly even counter characters like D3 and Snake, and an edgeguarding game that can destroy quite a few characters, people may be missing out by overlooking this character.
Above characters with good edgeguarding:
Jigglypuff, Luigi, Olimar, Peach, Zamus, Sonic, Yoshi

However, it may be that only those with patience will be able to handle this character well, as getting the KO can sometimes prove to be an arduous process.
Difficult to KO with:
Jigglypuff, Luigi, Peach, Zamus, Sonic

And with a recovery that can be stopped quite easily, this character has a few holes that keep the character from being too powerful.
Limited/gimpable recovery:
Jigglypuff, Luigi, Zamus

Although the character has impressive, yet gimmicky, ATs to add to the character's game, it seems that this character is overall quite solid but not quite outstanding.
Zamus seems like the best choice this week, but I think Luigi could be a good option as well.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
What gimmicky ATs does Zamus have? The only ATs I can think of are the paralyzer lock (which isn't really gimmicky) and wavebouncing (which may be considered gimicky I guess but isn't speciffic to her). Is there something I'm missing.

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
how can u not put olimar in the gimpable recovery section, when every disscusion about him has to do with his recovery.

The fact that they mention him countering ddd and snake leads even more towards olimar because thats his most disscused advantages.

The only thing that doesnt make sense is the lack of killing moves, but all other clues point to olimar.

Pit's recovery isnt an issue so it cant be him. Shiek,yoshi,mario have never been mentioned to countering snake.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
It could be a lot of characters, but judging by all of the hints, I would say ZAMUS. Luigi has plenty of kill moves, ZAMUS, is a bit harder to kill people with. I am sure you can z-air tether people, as well as some weird grabbing combos, etc. Zamus = 21.

Snail

Smash Lord
how can u not put olimar in the gimpable recovery section, when every disscusion about him has to do with his recovery.

The fact that they mention him countering ddd and snake leads even more towards olimar because thats his most disscused advantages.

The only thing that doesnt make sense is the lack of killing moves, but all other clues point to olimar.

Pit's recovery isnt an issue so it cant be him. Shiek,yoshi,mario have never been mentioned to countering snake.
I KNOW his recovery is gimpable, I main him after all...

The point is, the gimmicky advanced techniques part doesn't fit, nor does the lack of kill moves. It's just not Olimar, sorry.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
@LCB
I also acknowledge that Olimar's recovery is gimpable (one of the worst really), but he has no problems killing, which removed him from the possible characters. If not for that, he would have been my top choice.

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
i guess it could be pit afterall, he does have some gimicky ATs i believe,lack of killing moves,some advantage on snake ddd, but y u would they mention gimpable recovery? Maybe getting knocked out of up b...

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Update #21: Roy

8/26/08
Severely underplayed and underrated, this character can prove to be one of the more annoying characters to fight against. With some interesting strategies that can possibly even counter characters like D3 and Snake, and an edgeguarding game that can destroy quite a few characters, people may be missing out by overlooking this character. However, it may be that only those with patience will be able to handle this character well, as getting the KO can sometimes prove to be an arduous process. And with a recovery that can be stopped quite easily, this character has a few holes that keep the character from being too powerful. Although the character has impressive, yet gimmicky, ATs to add to the character's game, it seems that this character is overall quite solid but not quite outstanding.

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
It's so Roy.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
@LCB,
yeah, it could be him (pit), I just don't think he fits the severely underplayed hint. or maybe i just play a lot of pits

Negative_Two

Smash Cadet
@ the yoshi guys

Don't some of you guys talk about yoshi being a hard character to gimp? (airdodge + 2ndjump)

Also, your matchup chart says Yoshi has a disadvantage against the fat penguin

Otherwise, it does seem to be Yoshi.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
@ the yoshi guys

Don't some of you guys talk about yoshi being a hard character to gimp? (airdodge + 2ndjump)

Also, your matchup chart says Yoshi has a disadvantage against the fat penguin

Otherwise, it does seem to be Yoshi.
i can put it like this,yoshi recovery is...easy...yet...hard to gimp, depending on when you hit him,he can either rejump or fall to his death,so with yoshi's recovery its about chance and timing.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Pit, Diddy and Pikachu are the 3 most annoying characters to fight IMO. Pikachu and Diddy have already been discussed which leaves us with Pit. I am wrong more then I am right on these hints so next week probably is not Pit just because i think it is Pit.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Yoshi's description is going to be.
A very underrated character that is slowly picking up steam, he has the potential to go far but the weakness's to hold him back. This character has the best shoes in brawl, we simply could not hold this detail out because it would be bullcrap to leave that detail out, he's greener than Luigi and it's highly rumored he is the leader of the Yakuza. This character has gone toe to toe with Chuck Norris, Stephen Colbert and Donald Duck, his aerials are all good and his ground game is slightly below average his grab game is a force to be wary allowing him to hold his own against near half of the roster, he has a decent amount of disadvantages however but no one strongly outpowers him, this character has some AT's that seem worthless yet enhance his game regardless, did i mention this character is a pimp?

Lucas's will be like this
This character is a blond ****** with a powerful but laggy Upsmash, he sports a better ground game than a similar member of the roster, being 1 of 2 characters able to heal without items he can shutdown quite a few projectile attempts. This character is also a blond ******.

Top Bottom