• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hmm, so its on the Friday?
Seeing as the rest of the fams coming in on Saturday morning I'd probably not end up being there for that.
Unless I decided to come down even earlier, and in which case, sure/maybe?

Is @ Attila_ Attila_ going? :p

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I've been having a lot of trouble getting up in the morning as of late. It's convenient when you consider the upcoming Nintendo Digital Event, but it will most likely jeopardise my chances of attending this meetup.

Also, I'm afraid to go to sleep because the Blue Shell haunts my dreams.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I will be accepting Armada donations at this event.

I will also be convincing people to money match me with the winnings going towards the donations too.

Splice

Smash Hero
wat is schedule

OP says 1pm start but whens doubles/singles?
I assume doubles bracket will be running by 1:30pm, etc.
But is there an order to the games which will follow or will it all be at the same time?

I would like more concrete details if possible

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Schedule:
12:00 - Friendlies/Setup
1:00 - Melee Teams 2v2 (Free!)
2:30 - Project M, Brawl Singles ($5ea)
5:00 - Break
5:30 - Melee Singles ($5)

Splice

Smash Hero
Thankyou Dave

Any consideration for putting Melee at the same time as Brawl because you can't use a Cube for PM or Brawl so there'll be heaps of unused setups? Unless the plan is a million friendlies for the good game which is better if you think it'll still finish on time.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
A million friendlies would be nice... But only if you all bring one million setups!

Also, I'll be bringing the stuff I picked up from BAM; if the original owners could take it home, that'd be ace. I don't really have room for a spare CRT.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'll probably come but will have to leave early. Can anyone else bring TIO? Otherwise it will be back to the stone age with bracket sheets.

ViVa

Smash Ace
If no one else has TIO I can bring my laptop with TIO. Do we usually have power for the bracket laptop? I dont think my laptop has a good enough battery to last all day.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely attend, however I would like to know what time it ends.

I want a fox melee doubles partner. I need a double partner regardless lol. Someone...
I don't main Fox but I'd like a Yoshi teammate again.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
we'd be looking to finish the tournament matches by ~8pm
perhaps moving back brawl to the same time as melee is in order....

Last edited:

Nido

ily Sebby
Quick results

Melee

1. Dekar
2. Redact
3. Atticus

Project: M

1. Dekar
2. Nido
3. Redact

Brawl

1. Attila
2. Steve
3. Danza

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Not at all surprised by any of those results. Are we gonna get full placings? I'd like to know where I placed in melee.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Brawl

1. Attila
2. Steve
3. Tomiie
I finished 4th, Danza finished 3rd.

Also GGs to everyone I played. And glad to finally beat Jei and win a snake ditto against Attila, lol, GGs guys.

Last edited:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Thanks everyone for games today, was real cramped but still got a lot of games in. :D
Hughie putting in the work in PM, DEFINITELY should not have gone rob that first game hue.
Tom I really want to play you more, I feel like I learn so much with Falco every time I vs you, our games were fun but I REALLY hope we get to meet in bracket at Shadowloo.
Miles, your Falco is really improving. You just need more confidence, some games I see you vs other players you make decisions that would wreck me, yet I somehow manage to get away with my stupid combo ****.
1%, sucks about those games on PM with the ******** air dodging, but your falcon was fun to vs, just really need to work on dealing with those lasers.
DD!, your Jiggs got my heart racing, was sweating so hard that 3rd match, I think I should of stuck with Falco, yet somehow my jank Marth pulled it back at the end.
Juci, Doubles was probably the most fun I had all day, somehow getting our Jiggs fox to work. 2 rests within 10 seconds and nairing both of them out of it, I just, don't even..
And everyone else I vsed in bracket, had good games all round.​
I also learnt that I don't even have brawl save data today, I thought that was pretty cool.

Last edited:

Danza

Smash Apprentice
Yeah ggs everyone, good to see a 3rd place there for me, something new instead of 9th all the time.
Looks like my 9th streak has come to an end ! LOL.

Attila: i'll get you... next time ;)
Jei: oh man, that Pit doe !, crazy we need a Pit ditto next time.
Other guys: yeah idk that was good.
Surely not forgetting anyone.
For the new guys, i was the R.O.B dude, who also used Mr.GnW, Wolf and Meta Knight at times.
Rarely Lucario or Pit will be used.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Melee Singles (48 entrants)
1: dekar
2: redact
3: atticus
4: splice
5: joey
5: skeletom
7: miles
7: attila
9: moxie
9: mask1n
9: nicks
9: forte
13: Jake
13: X
13: jamwa
13: pelican
17: flukey
17: 1ampercent
17: dreadtech
17: icek
17: tommy
17: touko
17: downer
17: ajtn
25: meredyse
25: cam
25: spitzem
25: hughie
25: cup
25: jams
25: jkts
25: Bus
33: hobs
33: shyfrit
33: boris
33: juci
33: zora
33: nano
33: Mathias
33: dd
33: yerfdog
33: Sean
33: zods
33: Tnetennba
33: waifu
33: sadistic
33: tomo009
33: dean

bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/YctzYS9.png

project m singles (44 entrants)
1: dekar
2: nido
3: redact
4: forte
5: jamwa
5: mask1n
7: atticus
7: moxie
9: mezer
9: moistpelican
9: hughie
9: splice
13: smash chris
13: 1ampercent
13: dylan
13: miles
17: spitzem
17: icek
17: downer
17: waifu
17: tom009
17: attila
17: scottd
17: jei
25: dreadtech
25: nano
25: jams
25: yerfdog
25: dd
25: cam
25: regumbvle
25: boris
33: fudge
33: audacity
33: zora
33: shyfrit
33: kubu
33: flukey
33: cup
33: x
33: ookimaru
33: juci
33: zods
49: rascal

bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/BcVHwCs.png

Brawl singles (15 entrants)
1: attil
2: steve
3: tomiie
4: danza
5: viva
5: nicks
7: jei
7: hughie
9: kubu
9: jams
9: spitzem
9: icek
13: dean
13: finba
13: lucien

bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/hkAFtkn.png

thanks to joey for for sending me the tio file
doubles results were on hughie's laptop
shoutouts after sleep

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Hmm. I probably could've done better. I wasn't really on-point. Still, not bad.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Matt, your Jiggs got my heart racing, was sweating so hard that 3rd match, I think I should of stuck with Falco, yet somehow my jank Marth pulled it back at the end.
Fuark man I was having a trash day and then we played that match and I felt a lot better. Pre sure I'm finally starting to improve at melee haha. Matt is the other Jiggs tho, I'm Daniel :p

Shoutouts:

Tomo: We will figure out how to stop Yoshi and then we are sweet man. Your falco will be beast once you stop SDing hah

Tom and Billy: Your encouragement + coaching during matches is appreciated as always

Alexi: Worst doubles partner AU

Miles: We will have that melee match at some point I promise

The TOs: Thanks for running everything as always :D

Nido

ily Sebby
GGs to all I played

Jamwa: Stop SDing pls

Dekar: Your Marth is soul crushing to play but you deserved the win

Hughie: For putting in loads of work getting 9th great job

Matt g: Well done getting fifth

Waifu: Your Ness is silly, not enough PK Fire

Nano: For teaming and then getting rekt with me in melee

SD: For not coming

Jamwa

Smash Champion
shoutouts:

Jamwa: pls dude i cant beat you why u always against me in bracket

miles: u stilla fraud not even 1st

SD can i have your tag it suits me

also so many yoshis everywhere pls no

Last edited:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Fuark man I was having a trash day and then we played that match and I felt a lot better. Pre sure I'm finally starting to improve at melee haha. Matt is the other Jiggs tho, I'm Daniel :p
Fark my bad, I knew that I'm just tired as. I don't think I actually vsed Matt, still need to outside of netplay

Splice

Smash Hero
How the **** do you guys write such small shoutouts? Enjoy another ****ing essay, so many ppl are too thugnificent not to mention...
Especially

xX$$x$SKELETOM$xX$$x
I feel like our sets are the most exciting in Melbourne, but that might just be bias because when I hit people I get a dopamine release in my brain and you main C.Falcon. Still though it feels fast, and tense like it could be anyone's game at any time. I love your approach as well, playing friendlies with me heaps all day. If I wanted to practice but with someone I knew I'd probably have to face in tournament later, I'd usually not go out of my way to play them. I'd just tell myself "they'll never see Double Shine Stall into SideB recovery. I'll still have that under my belt, I must keep such high level play hidden". Really appreciated all the games and time spent, would've loved the last game to have been a bit closer (as I'm sure you would have too) but it means a lot to me based on how I feel my personal progress is coming along and I am really excited.
For the record, our tournament set record for this year is back down to 50/50. You still have those 3 MM's under your belt though (fuarrk)
all in all, GG's dude, and hit me up any time for a sesh!

Atticus: Thanks for being my teammate. Well played.

Redact: I appreciate any time you take to emphasise tips to me. Would really appreciate more time to talk to you about things because there is still a lot that you can assist me with. Good effort on picking your game up and really making Dekar work for it at RMIT and this monthly. That's the Redact I remember.

Dekar: Congratz on your win. Please hit me up for more Melee, at mine or yours whatever, we live quite close we must use this asset (weekly sessions and we'll be at MLG next year I promise)

Jamwa: Thanks for letting me stay over. You are very nice boy. I'm not very good P:M practice for you sorry, the fact you were dropping games the night before was probably much worse of a sign than either of us thought. You can do a lot better though but it might take a little more work. You shouldn't be able to john about SD's! Tighten your tech!

Attila: Thanks for the lift and sorry for having to face you in the Melee bracket again. It's your own fault for beating Max. Also tyty for the TV. I'm quite loathe to play Brawl but maybe we can work something out. I'm up for smash at your leisure on Smash 4's release, so you'll have to hit me up for that.

Joey: Good to see you dude, and I have a big appreciation for you stepping up and being a proactive figure of the community regarding the commentary field. Commended

Sady: Good on you for rocking up dude! Glad you're already looking to prey on the other newcomers to the scene, hope you had a great time!

Dreadtech: Cheers for the discount/free Subway offer haha! I hope you keep improving in P:M and start getting the results you want, you have a good attitude about it

Bu$: Good on you for turning up. We need a HoC intervention dude, we'll work through this together

Danza and bros.: You guys looked a bit like the backbone of VIC Brawl out there today. Thanks for the 1 game Steve, I can see a few things about your playstyle that help you achieve! The Zair on Samus is very unkind to GnWs neutral game, and most people don't have the patience to deal with things like this. I definitely don't after playing Melee for 8 hours straight haha! Hopefully you guys all get into Smash 4 because I'd love to vs. you all in that and I am keen to play it well.
Big congratz to Danza for placing 3rd, really breaking through that wall. When Ledge first started (when he was playing Olimar) he came 9th at 7 tournaments in a row before. The number is cursed :gw:

Juci: mate dont get a parma from a pizza joint

Pelican: You need to practice your lazers badly. I'm flattered that you would like to play me more... host more and I'll come, after this Friday I have 100% commitment to Smash for 2 months.

DD: People can't sleep on you any more dude! Look at Miles, he came 7th? Your set with him could've gone either way (if you ask me, after seeing you play) and you could've stopped all that. Definitely can't be seeding you at the bottom any more or some-one's gonna get ****ed up. You've got a lot to prove though, hope it motivates you to keep up the practice. Also I noted how good your techs were, good improvement there man.

Nicks: Hey brah good effort on your placing, that's pretty decent after your absence. Unfortunate I had to be the guy to take you out but it was good to see you again.

Miles: Ah, the man who DIDN'T choke! **** yeah dude, 7th? You absolutely plowed through losers dude, probably played the most tournament sets out of anyone! Really impressed that you outplayed Matt G and X. You've got the Natural Born Clutch inside of you, keep improving on all aspects of your game and if you #GetGood you will take it to the bank when it's tournament time!

... #GetGood? #? wtf? Have I become what I hate, or am I just parodying it? @Bu$ I blame you dude

Hughie: Congrats on feeling good about your P:M placement! Honestly I have a feeling Yoshi's still pretty bad in the game but keep improving and hopefully earned a deserved top 3 P:M placing at some point (not undeserved like Mew20 h4x at BAM)
And thanks ****loads for recording the Melee sets! My god! I'd love my sets vs Skeletom and Atticus uploaded as well as all Dekar/Redact/Atticus' games against each other. Doubles Grand Finals would also be nice if you could upload them! Thankyou

Vincent: Guess you get to be the VIC Mewtwo King in P:M. It's ok though. Playing Mewtwo in P:M was making my Mewtwo tech bad in Melee, which was upsetting. I'll go back to practicing Melee Mewtwo again, this works out for everyone.

Cup and Moxie: Stellar effort guys, nice placing and doubles and I really appreciated you attitude when talking to you Cup. Could definitely take a few more people out if you learnt a bit more and got some more movement tech down. Hopefully I'll catch you guys at the next tournament, and I look forward to it.

yeahyeyeyeyeahyeayeyeahyeyeayeyeyeahyeye

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Who allowed Dekar to win PM? I find this highly disgraceful.
Also 48 entrants for monthly? Get at it.
Sooo mad I couldn't attend :/ **** SUNDAY TOURNAMENTS RIGHT OFF

Hughie

Smash Lad
Melee Doubles:
1: dekar + mattg
2: billy + atticus (Destructive Obesity)
3: tom + vince
4: moxie + cup
5: joey + nicks
5: miles + atilla
7: juci + max w
7: jei + 1ampercent
9: jams + cam
9: x + arun
9: hobbs + zora
9: redact + jamie
13: waifu + spitzem
13: hughie + monkee
13: chris + scott
13: dd + alexi
17: nido + friend
17: ooki + josaih
17: yerfdog + flukey
25: jkts + liana

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/WpigiGi.png

Shoutouts:
Pelican: Don't let me win like that ever again lol. Your ivy spanked me game 2 and I had to revert to marth fthrow regrabs. GGs though, you'll get your mic back at rmit. Anti shoutout for forgetting to bring the usb mic cable

Joey: Good work manning the commentary station, I'm sure we've found some good commentary teams for SS and etc.

Monkee: Although our double falcon team didn't place high, we were still the stylish team there. We'll get our fistbump tech working one day.

Nido: Grats on getting 2nd, finally earning the dosh. I knew my marth fthrow regrabs were going to catch you off guard, and you complaining about it was just lol.

Redact: Our bracket match was the first time we played, and I think that showed. Great job in finals, you were doing really well.

Juci: I think I talked to you the most yesterday. It was really good talking to you, and you clearly don't understand the food meta. Who orders a parma anywhere except at a pub lol.

Splice: Nice talking to you again, you're doing really well in bracket lately and you're just gonna get better. Also best teams name ever.

Miles: Good job in singles, you #rekt me and a bunch of other people. Awesome seeing you again.

Dekar: Thanks for giving me the iso, and great job winning everything you entered.

Tom: Awesome work in singles and on the mic, you and Joey are are good team.

Other two guys on the mic: Joey said you guys are a good commentary team, and that's a good thing.

Attila: 7th in Melee singles? whattt Thanks for helping me carry my crt to the car and nice seeing you again.

Every other Yoshi there: Yeahhh more yoshi more good. That one guy who went peach against Zelda after he lost with yoshi disappointed me.

FGC streaming dude: Thank you for for the cable Pelican forgot we all love you

Shoutouts to the other cool people who I forgot

ON THE TOPIC OF UPLOADING MATCHES

I plan to make uploading finals/semis a priority, which all should be done within the next two weeks. I'll upload the other matches when I confirm who are playing and stuff. Also @milestaf should we upload them to the Melb Melee channel you want to make? You can make it and give me the password so I could upload them there, seems like a better option.

Really good turnout yesterday, I found it funny how there were more of us than the FGC guys yet they had a proper stream and everything lol.

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Alright, Shoutouts
Nido: Thanks for the impromptu doubles, we got rolled but I did FSmash :p
Attila: RUDE
Ookimaru: It was great playing friendlies with you, I had a blast BUT STOP WITH THE ****ING NANAS
Juci/Peli: Whichever one of you did get FSmashed, thanks. You earned me my first win xD
Icek: for those two P:M games where you schooled me and my potato Lucas. I actually learned a lot.

And somehow I didn't get four-stocked or come dead last, so I'm happy :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom