• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

S.D

Smash Master
So then Melee singles, PM singles, Brawl single?
Where do we sit on doubles at this point for locals?
We can either try for doubles at the finish or extend the singles somehow? Maybe extend bo3 sets to all bo5 or trial flex sets or something?

S.D

Smash Master
So in bo3 tournaments, flex sets extend the set to a bo5 when the score is 1-1.
If it's 2-0 set ends as normal.
The concept is that if a match is at 1-1 the assumed closeness in skill level justifies a bo5 to determine a winner.
I think there are some issues with the idea, but I was just throwing out a suggestion.

Splice

Smash Hero
Flex sets - Credit to Bones

often also used with this DSR alternative
- You cannot ban the same stage twice.
- Bans are temporary and do not carry over to the next game's stage selection.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
could start off with free melee doubles (good warmup, reward for people coming in early, most popular game), then do singles brackets for P:M, Melee & Brawl
my 2c

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Would rather project M doubles seeing as melee double's metagame in australia is shiek ness top 4
dont know if there's a time difference between the two games cos that might cause issues.....
bbbbbbut i wanna actually play pm doubles and having melee doubles as a 'warm up' is a waste imo

Nido

ily Sebby
PM dubs would be pretty fun to have.

Also I didn't go to the bam qualifier, where is the venue?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Would rather project M doubles seeing as melee double's metagame in australia is shiek ness top 4
dont know if there's a time difference between the two games cos that might cause issues.....
bbbbbbut i wanna actually play pm doubles and having melee doubles as a 'warm up' is a waste imo
Opinion. I think PM doubles is a waste of time because it's already the least developed game in Melbourne so no-one is gonna give a **** or know very much about the doubles.
And I say this even knowing that our team of Mewtwo+Lucas will win every event. It's the lowest priority event and least hype for the majority of Melbourne's scene.
Some Melee players might like PM doubles more than Brawl doubles, but it's not like they'd really want to watch either.

Melee doubles is gettin' hype espc. with some dedicated teams getting together now +
In addition, I personally really appreciate it to make the fingers fast and to get focused before the main event so I'm sure a lot of people may feel similar.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Dekar lets team and win with double dk. Actually I might change to zelda at some point m2k said she 2nd worst in the game but we gotta prove em wrong

Hughie

Smash Lad
Actually phil you should go with nanohologuise, it's gonna be his first tourney and he'll enjoy teaming with you

Juci

Smash Apprentice
hopefully this time we can change the table setup which will allow for more setups and not to be squished in the corner.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
if by 'smash' you mean 'mario kart 8' and 'mario party 2' then yes we played heaps of smash.

I have two exams the week after this tournament. so...i'll probably still go but it's not confirmed.

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
I'll be there, and i can bring a CRT and cube if I'm able to use a car for the day.

Can anyone give me any parking details, is it free? how close to the venue? etc.

S.D

Smash Master
There is some parking in the street next to the venue free on Sundays. Get there early for a good spot.
In other news I might actually be able to attend! If possible someone else do the TO stuff I need to cram in as much possible practice as I humanly can before evo.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Given that someone is willing to bring a recording set up and edit/upload the videos after, I'll be happy to manage it for the day. It will be a good chance for people to practice their commentary in time for SS

Hughie

Smash Lad
Yeah, I can bring my recording stuff, I just need someone to bring a usb mic if possible.

btw my recording setup is just my school laptop and my dazzle, portability ftw

Last edited:
Top Bottom