• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

baileeh

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to all the TOs and everyone that made it possible.

PM:
Will: Good games man, hopefully we see you at more tourneys in the future, that Diddy Kong will be scary!
Callibar: Was cool to see some Sonic, nice having a chat to you after the games aswell.
Dekar: Games went exactly how I expected haha, always fun watching you play one of your great characters, hopefully we will get to play again in the future mate!
Hyes: That Ike man, I have no clue how to play against it! Its always good to see characters like that played so well, great job on your placing and good luck at future events.

Melee:
Hyes again: I was a bit discouraged after facing you in PM but at least the matches were close. Having Dekar and Max commentating put so much pressure on it and I played really bad but was still fun none the less.
JUCI: Well played man, I just remember the second game being really close haha, nice to get practice against a fox in a tourney!

Also huge shoutout to dreadtech for driving me halfway there, and to Dom Hynes for buying a large pizza aswell so it only cost $8 each.

Nice meeting you DD_ and Tomo009, always nice to meet other people from the PM Skype group :)

Last edited:

Cup

Smash Rookie
I guess the usual shoutouts to the TO's, recorders and commentators.

P:M
Tux: dude, completely took me by surprise by how good that GnW was, literally had no idea what to do against you.

Codie: (Pretty sure it was Codie, Sorry if i don't remember) Awesome Samus man, really had me stumped with some of the things you did, sorry about the perfect shield on your charge shot, honestly, i just wanted the shield haha.

Also, to the two individuals that i hit falcon pawnch edge guards on, i was just throwing them out there for a hype train and it was unfortunate that you got in the way lol.

Melee
Seb: Duuuuuuuuude, Fair's were too strong, I went and consulted Miles and Splice after our match and i only wish i had their advice before hand so i could have actually put up some kind of fight against you GG. Pleasure to meet you and have a chat.

Dreadtech/Redact: Dreadtech I will be looking forward to seeing the footage of our little 1v1 in doubles, if it makes it up. There was soooooooooo much pressure and i was actually shaking after it haha, bad luck though and well played, you guys took the Bo3 anyway but we'll be back. Redact that edge hop spike was brilliant as embarrassed as i was, don't mind me if you see me watching you play to see how you go about using falco, i certainly need more idea's haha.

Max: Nice pressure dude, i went from winning one falco ditto to being absolutely destroyed in the space of a good 10 minutes or so. I was liking the little repetitive shine SHFF-laser you had going on there to kinda scare off any thought of incoming laser pressure. Same thing as Splice last tournament, you just pinned me down and i crumbled under the pressure of not having the freedom to move where i wanted.

Miles and Splice: My two consultants for falco advice, thanks for taking the time to help me improve my game once again. Would love to play some ditto's against you guys.

everyone else i had the pleasure of playing, meeting and catching up with thanks for the games, see you all soon!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Anyone looking to improve in melee should talk to me about coaching since I am willing to coach free of charge any time. For proof of results see splice.

It's hard at any event im running but if you host any meets yourselves or come to a meet im at or hosting I will coach and help upon request. I will pick apart your game like a vulture and youll come out better than ever. This is not limited to any character as I can coach anything in melee.

As for shoutouts:

Ily dave but **** you

Good to see you back toshi, your tech skill is as sharp as ever you just need to get used to my new jank and you'll probably beat me again.

Seb making me try hard you're getting real good too. You have reached that spot where the people above you are trying just as hard to get better so things may slow down in terms of who you beat or lose to but dont give up azn pryde.

Max and jamwa making me try hard in pm, just up your melee game too boys!

Cal also making me shape up. I felt really out of form until maybe winners with dekar in melee so sorry if you thought I was sandbagging at all. Ggs

Billy hard worker, we gotta teach you to diversify your game and deal with other peoples diverse games now. Hard road only getting steeper but ill keep you going at all time.

Dreadtech mad dude dont get upset about teams. Its melee but even harder and melee is pretty hard already. Host a tournament in the east side dooiittt.

People I combo lots: everyone gets combod including dekar. Dont feel bad its just me playing for too much too long.

Yay I didnt have to play tom for once (8

People who brought tvs esp miles/tom u guys r ****ing the best players. Might start trying to do reduced venue fee for people who bring tvs stay tuned.

everyone else I love you all for coming u r the best.

extra shoutout for attila for making sure **** got done when I left. I may have the voice that people hear, but you got the backbone that gets **** done. scene doesnt appreciate you enough.

Sorry if I get your name wrong too new people. I love you all please keep playing!

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Maybe at the meet at your house when everyone's busy with Armada you can teach me some stuff?

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Time for the shoutouts, as always had heaps of fun which is why I keep coming back regardless of my **** finish that day I started TO'ing and getting matches played which was fun. I call getting matched up against Cal 2nd match in winners bull****.

Hyes: Never been knocked out by the same guy in pm AND melee, I'm gonna focus hell of a lot more

Redact: Lol you know how I get, I hate being bad but I'm working on it. Host a tourney? definitely not now but definitely this year. And yes I have big things planned (in terms of fat wads of cash prize money)

Cup: URRGHHH I dropped the ball so hard but it was so hype! I told you I didn't bring any mind games and I was just bad haha. I look forward to improving and getting in your way.

To everyone I talked to was great meeting/catching up.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney with plenty of space to move around this time, can finally hear myself talk too, so good experience overall.

Project M:

Flukey: First time using P:M Roy in tourney, switched to Falcon because my Roy wasn't doing that great, even though it was 2-0, I felt it was quite close-matched tbh.

Joey: Lolololol at the P:M stage bans. Quintuple Usmash from Mario was beast, but the walk up and Misfire was beyond godlike.
Also had a blast chatting to you about random P:M stuff.

Splice: First time vsing Mewtwo, didn't expect to win a game against you especially as Ganon, though I had a feeling you weren't giving it your all during our matches (you seemed on point in our BAM6 pools match). Btw I went against your advice and continued to occasionally use Ganon in tourney instead of dropping him completely, I have fun using him (and Roy) and sometimes my Falcon isn't doing me good as Falcon is technically more demanding. Sometimes I do a lot of technical errors which hurts immensely.

Blank: I didn't expect to well against a competent Sheik, our matches were very close, we had long combos/punishes and it was an action packed, fun set.

Cody: Samus too strong, no not really I had no idea how to deal with this matchup, especially how to edgeguard. I had to learn everything on the fly, you vastly outplayed me game 3 so you deserved the win.

Melee:
Tux: First game I landed two Falcon Punches, but that didn't stop you from winning game 2, and having a tight match game 3, I think I'm not supposed to pick FD since I won on that stage game 1, only thought of that just now as I'm writing this. Whoops!

Dekar: I was a bit salty because I got 4 stocked on my counterpick, so now I have to owe you something, a sign up on FB. I am really bad at commentating I only point out very obvious things lol.

hyes AKA Cam: Good job beating me, usually I win most time we play but this time you showed me you are truly, a momentum based player, and you had plenty of it during our first / third match. Despite the hilarious quintuple jab I did against the tree, I wasn't there mentally against your final stock third match, I panicked and was stuck in shield/spam rolls, you definitely deserved the comeback.

I think a dumb monkee said you were using Sheik as a clutch, which was kinda true, you are momentum based so when you're in the zone, Falcon would be your best character, which means he is your best character. Imo you should either strictly main Falcon only, or main Falcon with either Sheik, Falco, or both as secondaries.

Others:
Meredyse: Had fun chatting with you about random stuff, and good job with the co-TO.

Skeletom: Lololol that epic pull plug! We didn't get to play any friendlies though, next time?

Jesse: Sorry dude I messed up our double matches I SDed with 0% which hurt us real bad.

Jei: Third in P:M? Nice one dude!

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
shame brawl didn't happen, now i guess i have to pick up melee bowser

jei + siglemic: ggs guys. first time playing jei in melee lol.
redact + dreadtech: gg, too good.
raymond + morin: ggs (y)
jesse + 1am: that falcon was nasty O_O and that peach player was really nailing those dsmashes (y) real nice close games, feel we were lucky to get away with that one
miles + skeletom: way too good for me

dom: was fun playing you, shame we had that funky wii and that the power decided to go out but was still fun
codie: really good player. probs for samus, i like samus (y)
k: never played a g&w before !_! if you put the effort into improving and keep coming to tournaments you will improve in no time.
juci: i like your fox, i think i got the jump on you with a jank match-up and i was probably about 1% away from dying on that first game but the games were close and fun and hope to have more of them :)
attila: you are disgusting in this game as well, i need to train my link

tux: you are the man, sweet teaming and chills and keep it up (y)
jesse/jessie/dude a chatted to at the pizza place: thanks for chill times

I think the CouchWarriors dude said next tournament the week before ShadowLoo, are we confirmed for that? Is that going to be at the SLHQ or somewhere else?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hey guys,

Had a meeting with the CW guys on Saturday, and figured I'd post a few points here for discussion.

1. Tournaments
Obviously SLHQ is open for business, and CW was wondering if there was still a place for them to be holding tournaments. I thought the idea of playing at a CW event monthly, and a SLHQ event monthly, would be a good idea (separated by a fortnight). Main rational here is that SLHQ is very far North, and can be pretty inaccessible for a lot of players. CW meets will be more central (Brunswick was probably a little far imo), since this aims to help everyone. CW will aim to hold it's next monthly a fortnight before SS. Also, as someone who hasn't been to the new HQ, is it big enough to house us now?

2. Funds
CW pools money from tournaments and redirects them back to the community; smash has been bringing in decent revenue lately. With Smash 4 fast approaching, I thought a good way to direct funds would be towards purchasing monitors for use at CW events, since we won't be using CRTs for Smash 4. I figure most people who want to play the game will own a console anyway, and can just bring it along, while a large amount of people won't actually own monitors they are happy to cart around.

3. Major events
This year, BAM ran mid-May, while SS is set to run at the end of August. What do people think of the scheduling of these? Any input is appreciated. Although it can be difficult, since we try to space events nation wide so they don't run too close together.

4. Video
Is anyone willing (and able) to make a hype video for SS? Just a few clips from notable entrants. Gotta start this hype train soon.

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
I think that is a great idea and I'm glad that CW is continuing to do events in general, not just Smash events. Despite living north (west), South Morang is an incredibly inconvenient location and CW events being run closer to the city have been significantly easier for me to attend. The weekly and fortnightly CW events have been all I've been attending these days, as much as I would like to make it to SLHQ.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I can see them having space for tournaments possibly, but I doubt the turnout will be good since there are next to no smash players north side and it's super far and hard to get to. This would probably boom in intrest after the wiiu/3ds release though.

Monitors is the best idea imo, after monitors then possibly consoles but for the time being we should get screens first since that's always our issue.

I'm fine with any scheduling but uni/hsc studends need to input here.

I'll be willing to make a video if people start giving me clips to work with, either give me youtube links with timestamps or twitch vod timestamps if youtube is not available. (im looking at top players for melee/pm in any state)

Splice

Smash Hero
1. In the past we've shied away from running too many events per month for fear of spreading numbers thin, but I think now our scene is definitely committed enough to make fortnightly events worthwhile.

2. Sounds good, not an expert on this. However, equipment(monitors/consoles) definitely takes priority over luxuries like streaming gear etc.

3. BAM wasn't at the greatest time. For me, early in the semesters (Feb-April, and August-September) or during the breaks (July and Dec-Feb) are quite manageable, but attending anything during exams period is a big pain. Not everyone's breaks and commitments are the same, but basically tournaments that are early in the semester are quite manageable and a fine substitute if scheduling during the break is not optimal for others.

4. I'll start working on some beats?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Whoever wants vids in the trailer, you gotta be quick. I'll be making the video as soon as the most recent monthly and ACL is available on youtube.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Whoever wants vids in the trailer, you gotta be quick. I'll be making the video as soon as the most recent monthly and ACL is available on youtube.
I would appreciate if you put in a few Brawl videos too; Brawl players are once again looking to travel for this.

It would also help with awareness. It only came to my attention at the lat monthly that a large number of new melee/PM players were not even aware that Brawl was an event.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I would appreciate if you put in a few Brawl videos too; Brawl players are once again looking to travel for this.

It would also help with awareness. It only came to my attention at the lat monthly that a large number of new melee/PM players were not even aware that Brawl was an event.
Youll need to hold my hand here, I honestly cannot tell a good brawl video from a bad one plus I don't really want to skim through brawl videos for stuff.

If you can link me some clips with timestamps that would be best.

Splice

Smash Hero
Ah man if only My set vs. J-Birds was recorded... :p

Guess I'll head to HoC tonight and bop Alex with Kirby again.

Izzago

I don't even remember where the last tournament was... Coming from Geelong, once you a get a certain distance out from the CBD everything looks pretty much the same. But it wasn't too far out. So if you are talking about using that venue again, I'd say go for it.

Otherwise, I'm not sure about many of the other venues. SLHQ (I've never been there) is probably too far out for me, unless I had somewhere to crash the night of the meet. Over two hours of travel would probably not do me any good (Over four both ways). Public transport, damnit. I would try to make it out for it every once in a while anyway I suppose.

I'm not sure where the CW stuff would be. But if its closer to the city it doesn't matter too much. I've only been to a few things so far, but nothing has been too difficult to find.

S.D

Smash Master
I got clips but idk how to send them to you. Also I think the scene is strong enough and willing enough for fortnightly tournaments, most us scenes have weekly events why shouldn't we step it up.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
come here on friday or saturday sam with ur vids, i take them off you could probs even upload on their own too, deal?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
You spelt my tag wrong!!!

EDIT: And my match against Hyes isn't uploaded. I'm sad now.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Current list of intrested players:

Confirmed:

lucky hugs wizzrobe fiction

maybe:

mango amsa

Still spamming daily messages, late tommorow I'll be polling for intrest on the confirmed players so if theres no confirmation from amsa/mango before then they wont be included.

Top Bottom