• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Jamwa

Smash Champion
there's a point to cps, and if they're good for a character then there's that thing where you ban the stage so you dont have to play there
we don't need all these random cps, but I think it's worth it to have at the least Yoshi's Island and Green Hill Zone
dracula's isn't that bad, dont know why people are saying it's gna get campy; the platforms are dynamic, so it's not always in favor of one character.
I can understand argument against WW (2small), DP(2big), and PS1/Skyloft(jank af) but they're not going to be issues in every single MU you play. sometimes the stages will be good, sometimes not. if you ban one and get cpd to a starter god forbid i dont think it's going to be ridiculously game changing esp after 3 bans anyway.
really dont wanna play on just starters, and it's not always favouring characters that are at the top (especially for YI and Green Hill Zone). if anything a bigger stagelist helps out the lower tiers to an extent if the stages are chosen smartly, but im not trying to argue character viability for a game that has been purposely balanced (and still is) because i know that if we keep YI, GHZ, PS1, and WW characters arent going to be impacted unfairly.
YI and GHZ aren't even considerably different to the starters in p:m. with the extra movement, it could be argued that YI isn't that much of a CP because platforms aren't a huge issue in a meta of short hops (cept falco but he likes platforms anyway). GHZ has what, a moving platform? oh no it shouldnt be in the stagelist. its probably more of a neutral stage than Yoshis story due to the average sized blast zone and bigger stage.

im think it's silly to remove all the cps; YI and GHZ should be kept in at the bare least

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Looking at running something on the 14th, but it will need to be at another venue.

Anyone know any halls for hire that we can use?

Attila_

BRoomer
We'd like to get them involved, but the 7th conflicts with one of their other events. And the abbotsford Hall isn't available any other weekend next month.

Splice

Smash Hero
because everything is almost set up is the same as saying everything is not set up and there's your reason
annihilated by common sense

If we're gonna make the one on the 6th confirmed then people that are going to attend and help cover venue fee need to start putting their hands up if Attila is gonna be able to lock it in.

I guarantee my attendance at a 6th of July tournament.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I can't make it to the RMIT tourney.
If a new stagelist is implemented for P:M then I would like to know people's opinion on it etc...

Any updates on the next planned tourney?

Hughie

Smash Lad
Isn't that EVO weekend? I can't attend that date but I'm sure everyone will want to be watching that.

Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer
July 13th at the new SLHQ is confirmed.

Please update the OP accordingly.

EDIT: venue TBA

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
evo will be shown at slhq at the same time as we play. also remember its on the WC so most likely the stream will have ended by the time any tournament starts in aus. finals are also on monday for aus, saturday or sunday would not be that important

Last edited:

SpyBro

Smash Rookie
Couple of questions: (Last Couch Warriors I attended was ~4 years ago :D )

- Does PM get played at the CW monthlies?

- Are the RMIT comps becoming regular?

Thanks! Looking to get back into playing Smash with Smash 4 coming up and the irresistible hype of Melee.

Attila_

BRoomer
13th is booked and paid for in Brunswick.

I'm sure SLHQ would be happy to have some guys down on the 6th too, though.

Is anyone keen train my dad in melee?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
train your dad in melee whut

ill train anyone in melee legit coaching sessions on the 6th at slhq lets do it

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
So more importantly, who is coming on the 6th? Maybe post it on FB and check the response since its more clear there?

I'm keen as and im sure other's are too but if its gonna be only a few of us I'd just host myself for the day instead

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
So more importantly, who is coming on the 6th? Maybe post it on FB and check the response since its more clear there?

I'm keen as and im sure other's are too but if its gonna be only a few of us I'd just host myself for the day instead
I thought the 6th was cancelled or something?

Top Bottom