• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Yeah @ndowner is ****ing ambitious. The advice I will be giving him is to run bracket pools for both games and only run an amateur bracket if things are ahead of schedule. Apparently it looks like the start time will be 3pm this time and obviously playing grand finals at 2am is the ideal situation lol

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to come but ill crack it if I don't get to play. I'll bring 2 setups so yah.

Hughie

Smash Lad
It's really important that people bring setups, Juci was telling me that no one brought any last time he went. I'll bring 2 setups as well.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
me + ndowner + projector = matches will be played fast.
since the room is only from 4pm, is the tournament starting at 5pm then?

S.D

Smash Master
Venue cost? Otherwise yeah I need to come in on the 6th anyway to fly out the following day. Perfect evo prep yo.
Edit: might need to work that day but I'll still head in later on.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
schedule draft:

11:00PM - Doors open, setup begins
12:00PM - Melee Teams (Free, actually starts at 12, as an incentive for early birds/setups/helpers)
1:30PM - Project M Singles (more setups this time pls! will have mine so that's at least +1...)
4:00PM - Break (go get food/play more friendlies/melee and brawl singles brackets seeded and created)
4:30PM - Melee Singles, Brawl Singles
7:00PM - done!? dinner at the pub across the street?

thoughts/suggestions gogo

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
It's really important that people bring setups, Juci was telling me that no one brought any last time he went. I'll bring 2 setups as well.
I'll bring one, really didn't think it would be so dire last time. Hope it doesn't get finals played on it this time in case it runs late.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Venue is available on the 6th of July, CW won't be there this time.

Did we want to run our own thing?
Yes we will run something. Ill float the venue fee if necessary and even take a loss if I need to. Get in touch with me Attila and lets make it happen.

Last edited:

Sady

Smash Rookie
Hey all, im still stupidly new so just checking something. This 6th of july event you guys want to host the same place as this the tourni this thread was made for? If so id like to donate towards the venue cost.(cant bring setup as i use public transport).

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey all, im still stupidly new so just checking something. This 6th of july event you guys want to host the same place as this the tourni this thread was made for? If so id like to donate towards the venue cost.(cant bring setup as i use public transport).
Don't worry about donating to the venue or such. Just show up to play. You'll be doing more than enough just by paying your own venue fee and making it more fun for everyone else by having someone extra to play against

Splice

Smash Hero
lets do it

we could even probably get pools for melee since we'd have time and **** right? Idk but I'll confirm myself for this and we should definitely draw numbers to make it

Dekar lets team to prepare for ACL?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Tourney details? (I'm new)
it's a victorian tournament, south morang specifically. all the details are in the first post of this thread (except the date which needs to be changed)
http://smashboards.com/threads/vic-2014-couch-warriors-sunday-8th-june-bring-tvs-setups.319062/

additionally, a facebook event will be created for the following group, which you should join if you live in/frequent victoria and love smash bros!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253413668003243/

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
I tried posting in the facebook group and got 0 response, so I'll ask here as well. Is there anyone who'd be willing to paint my controller? With my disability and my general clumsiness I don't trust myself to do it. I'd be willing to pay.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I tried posting in the facebook group and got 0 response, so I'll ask here as well. Is there anyone who'd be willing to paint my controller? With my disability and my general clumsiness I don't trust myself to do it. I'd be willing to pay.
The only person I know that paints controllers at all in the melb scene is skeletom and he has only just half done his own let alone anyone else's. I think getting a controller painted is a lost cause lol.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Or, just order one from the states?

I think there's a few people who do game cube controller paint jobs. If you're willing to pay, may as well go that little bit extra in postage + cost of a new controller. Certain people are masters at finding gamecube controller motherboards that are super overpowered, but they're only reserved for people good enough to beat M2K (while refusing to sell any to M2K).

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Here's my preferred list...

Version 1:

Starters:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet (replace Lylat Cruise)
Pokemon Stadium 1 (can be replaced with Dracula's Castle, questionable)
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Doubles Only:
Dracula's Castle (if PS1 is removed)

Keep Yoshi's Story as starter, although a bit janky it's a small stage with platforms that favours characters who has poor recovery in general due to size of stage / blast-zones. It's a starter in Melee too, it will make it easier for Melee vets to adapt with the stage list.
Green Hill Zone is mostly a mini FD with walls, so with FD, PS2, and SV, it makes it redundant as a starter stage. YS > GHZ imo.

Remove Lylat Cruise due to some error with recoveries, mostly Side-B with CF, Ganon, Fox and Falco. They'd fly underneath the ledge when they shouldn't. Other characters are possibly affected too but unsure who else at this point, Distant Planet is somewhat similar to Lylat Cruise, it'd make a great replacement.

PS1 is arguably the same as PS2 but with transformations. I can understand if people want this stage removed but there isn't a non janky stage that can replace it (Pictochat is a FD version of PS1 also jank). Maybe Dracula's Castle can take its place but unsure of viability in singles.

Skyloft's ceiling is a bit low while the lower blast line is also a bit too low. Make little sense, but layout of stage is unique. I can understand why people hate it, though what to replace it with?

I would want to add Metal Cavern to Counterpicks but with Yoshi's Story, Warioware, and FoD being available, it makes this stage redundant. Norfair's ceiling still too low to be viable imo.

Version 2:
Same as above, but add Metal Cavern to Counterpicks, and increase bans to 4! Sometimes I feel like the opponent or myself is still needing another stage to strike out. This is also the only way to get Metal Cavern in without making it too redundant.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
This makes me happy beyond belief.
all my credibility; stolen

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/28g7je/project_m_summer_map_pack_download_inside_lets/

Personally my stage list would be

Starters:

Yoshi's Melee
Battlefield
PS2
Smashville
FD
Dreamland
Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:

Yoshi's Brawl
FoD
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Skyloft
Distant Planet
Skyworld

Anybody else have ideas?

Starters:
Green Hill Zone/FoD (I think Green Hill Zone is more fun cos speed's my game, I don't care though, they're interchangeable due to the amount of bans each player has)

Counterpicks:
Dracula's Castle, skyloft

I think skyloft is worse design than Lylat, as it's slopes will alter every character's standing hit boxes to the point where fighting in certain places is so absurdly pointless that you're forced to retreat to somewhere else on the stage. It just slows stuff down if that's taken into consideration. Dracula's castle would be a fine replacement imo, moving platform's just open up Platform cancelling tech and stuff if that's still in the game, and if not, provide a dynamic stage that isn't always in favour of one character, as in that it will provide some escapes for CGs and also open up some missed-tech combos(apart from the blast zones not being dynamic but that's not really a thing unless you're playing on Castle Siege Brawl).

apart from that I'm happy to have Shadow moses island as the only pickable stage because MvC potential

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Toughen up Nido r2 face off it is.
As for stages FoD is more neutral than green hill zone, which imo is definitely a CP stage.
Skyworld should be banned completely, no idea how that level is legal to begin with, and lylat also is pretty iffy too.

Starters should be what 1ampercent said

CP
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft

Dracula's is just too big, infinite blastzones and mammoth field. With all the platforms and size of stage fox/falco can camp with impunity on this stage.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Why skyloft over Skyworld? Skyworld is the 1 with clouds as platforms, skyloft just jank and bad and make me cry at night

FoD should be starter but I just gotta be bias cos sanic is life

CPs
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Distant Planet?
Skyworld/Skyloft?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
skyloft and skyworld both dumb imo
if nido stepping up P:M PR and TOing, i guess he gets final say? knows the game better than most too it seems
keen to hear max's opinion too
tho when it comes to stages it's more about smash fundamentals than pm in particular

Last edited:
Top Bottom