• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Afropony and Haydino for showing up, so good to see these people
They took a tight set in Melee doubles vs. Munky and Tai

V: Super sorry about Smash 4 doubles V. I hope you had fun at least :)
Congrats on 2nd place! Now you just gotta beat Tibs, but he's a genius - it'll be hard!

Jamwa: dats some grappa :psycho:

Dreadtech: Grats on PM, can't wait for Melee to reach the same point for you. It'll be very good, it's coming up nicely

Joey: No point being open if you're blinded by getting defensive. I mean this in a nice way, I want to discuss problems with you. GG's in bracket I was a bit loose in game 2 and you did a good job picking that apart. My love for the windmill transformation helped me escape that combo and clutch it at the end, GG's

Floggo: Thanks for letting me come to your place to self-destruct

DonB: Happy birthday big fella good **** vs. Tom. There were high level plays, it was sick to watch. Thanks for the green demons

Dekar: I played in a Westballz kind of style against you, I should be able to make it work if I'm always thinking ahead of you but it would probably have been easier if I chose to relent. It would be a shame if you gave up, I don't want to overtake you because you have a flat tyre, I want to race you as we all improve. Nice shades tho and Good Joysticks

Redact: You play the Falco MU way better than me. You seemed a bit thrown of by me just choosing different SDI/tech options out of getting hit so you didn't seem as tight but mostly I just tried to see what baited you into doing the good Falco MU options, so I could make you do them on purpose and then punish it. You didn't change it up enough. GG's though and thank you for both sets and the friendlies as well.

Skeletom: I couldn't afford to lose to you at this tournament. After what you did to me at Shadowloo I had to let it be known this it not how things are going to be. Thanks for the friendlies too. GG's

Cailan: You're an absolute champion. Cheers for the beers and stick to Falco imo, I was serious about what I said. would love to get around more meets with you/macky

Macky: Interesting loss to Joey. I think the factors of why you lost aren't things that can directly get fixed by the grind. If you learn to play the player, Joey becomes a bit easier. This probably goes for most character Matchups that you don't commonly focus on

Juci: Sick rig :pimp:

Bu$: Tournaments are so much better now that you are coming to them. Loved your work with macky in doubles real sick

Codie: grats on 5th would've loved to watch more of your games, if any of them were recorded pls link me when uploaded I will watch them. Love how dedicated you are to your diet, it makes me feel like I'm doing so much wrong in my life but I can't get caught up on that I guess.

Sebby: I love vsing you in tournament because I love obliterating sheiks more than anything else in the world. Can't believe noobs (inc. old me) complain about this MU. It's so fun once you learn it people! Please hit up the Koonawarra pad for some sick chills when work, uni and gf are all off your dickk for a bit ;)
We're still on for that GnW vs. Sheik money match and boy you're going to regret it so much. I'll go as high as you are willing.

Earl & Nicks & Nicks' friend: Was nice chatting, eating pizza, getting attacked by wasps and carbonated beverages outside the pizza shop on such a beautiful day. I would love to see you change from Little Mac to see what you can do. Little Mac is helping you in a few ways but I think a character with more options like Sheik or Sonic will let you take your game further once you learn how to use them. I'm super confident that Sonic is the best doubles character btw, please dabble in him and see what you think.

Bijou: I appreciate the efforts on the Smash 4 recording setup. You're awesome, I hope you make decisions that allow you to place well in Smash 4 because you can do very good things in this game.

Luke: good to see ya m88, good joysticks

SD: Thanks for the games and gratz on the win. I think there was the atmosphere that it was a pretty meh grand final but there was a lot of nice things from you. You need to be put on the back foot because you are too good when you get control of the puck. As promised, here is the brag
Yo Everyone, I beat SD in a best of 3 after the tournamenthe even said I bodied him EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass

DD: Congrats on beating Cup, play more Jiggs play more Melee. Get on the improving train again, remember when you nearly beat Max? Let's Go~~~
Also love having you on the mic for my sets, makes rewatching so much more enjoyable

Leisha: strong yoga game :)

Azri: thanks for sharing the seat and being a g00d d00d.

Atticus: :urg:

Marv: Sorry I didn't help you with anything at the tournament. At least you have a copy of Melee and can grind now. Come to some meets and you will be able to make fast improvements.

Tyler: Very impressive recent improvement from you in all things recently. When we seeded Project M it was going to be hard to place you since apart from thinking you are good, there isn't a lot of results to say you deserved a higher Seed. You should've vs'd someone easier than dread at that part of the bracket but Dread said he was fine with it. Well obviously not hey, grats on that win, and grats for beating Jei too. More importantly (to me) nice Falco in Melee. Keep it up and visit the roost sometime for some tips

We got a nice abundance of Falco's popping up, it's sweet.
:falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee:

Jei: Turns out Tibs won the tournament lol. Good to see you again, and good to see Khoa too even though I didn't talk to him.
I only entered 3 events how am I still this busy lol

Attila: Picking Dark Pit just stops you from committing to your true love, Metaknight. Metaknight is not for dual wielding, he is EVERYTHING. Also pick that Melee game up please, make some time to bop Tibs at home.

Tibs: Gratz on #1, and doing so with Doc is a big "**** you" to the haters, good ****. :drmario:

Simon: If I wrote a real shoutout for you it'd take up another 1000 characters. This plus the fact you probably will never read this has factored into my decision to just say; Thanks.

JKTS: You did really well. I'm proud of you man. I remember most of last night, but not what I was saying while we played Melee at flogs. Hope you got some food for thought from me though :reverse:

Mozart: lets play soon

-///-

I also want to say a few things
  • Smash 4 Sonic is the most broken, godlike and stupidly powerful character that is still balanced and not OP, that I have ever played. He feels so much more powerful to wield than sheik or diddy. The best feature of Smash4 is that it is the host to such a good character.
  • Smash 4 Game and Watch is the worst thing that's ever happened to me ever
  • The Melee and Smash4 brackets had some kinks, but while I do think I'm much better at assessing problems than the people that usually do it the truth is that it's not as important as finishing the tournament. I would love to actually sit down and make the bracket like I did with Dreadtech in PM, but for every event. I'm not sure how well this will go with being under time pressure and last minute entrants, but I would appreciate being able to do this.
  • I'm back

Last edited:

Tyler_

Smash Rookie
Ok, I don't usually do this, but why not? Shoutouts time!

Nano: Being cool and playing friendlies all day. Pressing buttons as Lucario is really fun, as is DACUSing a lot with Wolf. I'm sure it's just snake since I beat you in dittos with both those characters :p

Tomo: You're improving, man, and it's great to see. You actually understand Lucario, and I can't say that about a lot of people that play him. The down Bs through shield and ledge spirit bombs are really good. I think what you need is to play Marth for a bit or something, or focus on your Melee fox a little. Your next improvement should definitely be in regards to the game in general, rather than as Lucario. You can pull through though, and you showed it. Congrats on 9th.

Dreadtech: You're good at down airs. And other things too, but getting hit by the down airs really... Stands out... Compared to everything else. It was really good to finally play you once I got competent at this game, was a fun set, and I look forward to playing you again. Sorry for not registering early :(.

Slamdunk: As usual, the friendlies all day. And for agreeing with me that 3.5 Falcon is duuuuuuuuumb.

MGK: Fun friendlies/totally serious bo3 towards the end of the day. Your Ganondorf is really something else, as is your commitment to the character to even go as far as playing him in smash 4. I mean, wow.

Jamwa: One of these days, I swear, I'll consistently not get read every single time I hit the ground. Still always fun playing with you though, feels like it teaches me what I need to learn. I'll not get bodied eventually.

Jei: Your commitment to Yoshi would be as good as MGK's to Ganondorf if Yoshi was terrible in the same amount of games. Still, our set was pretty cool, and you're one of the only people who I would take matchup Johns from seriously. I got you with a fair bit too much Snake stuff that set. Was good fun, I want to play you again, definitely.

Moxie: Figures I'd be taken down by Melee stuff in the end. Was definitely a fun set, and I feel like I at least played well and knew what I did wrong, even though I got two stocked and killed myself. Definitely want to keep playing the guys who are good enough at Melee to bother with this game, including yourself. Hopefully might teach me a thing or two.

Everyone who expected me to keep up with Melee: I'm sorry

Everyone who complained about Snake: I'm not sorry

Edit: And how could I forget, even though he wasn't there, Star: Been playing heaps of Netplay with this guy recently, and it's definitely the main factor of my improvement. Without this guy, I would be nowhere near as good as I was yesterday/am now, so huge thanks.

Last edited:

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
shoutouts to the melbourne smash scene for being sick units once again.

so many new players each tourney I think we need to sort a nametag system during sign ups.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Great event guys. Thanks to everyone who helped out - we really appreciate it.

This tournament had 77 S4 entrants and 81 Melee entrants. Biggest Ranbat yet.

/
Next Couchwarriors Ranbat is 18th of April

Can't wait? Try going to the following events
BAM7 fundraiser Trivia night - 2nd of April @ Alchemist's refuge (Basement of Games Laboratory) - 18+ only

SmashLab - 11th of April @ Alchemist's refuge (Basement of Games Laboratory) - 18+ only

We are working on S4 events outside of Ranbats (for all ages) - stay tuned.

//
Need updates on the events in Melbourne? Check out:
twitter.com/melbournemelee - or our facebook group

///
VODs of this event could be found at:
youtube.com/melbournemelee

Stream archive can be found at:
twitch.tv/melbourmelee - for PM and Melee
twitch.tv/newgameplustv - for S4

////
Check out Couchwarriors!
Couchwarriors.org

And Newgameplus!
Newgameplus.tv

PS: Shout outs to Max loooooooool. Sorry bud.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Yo Everyone, I beat SD in a best of 3 after the tournamenthe even said I bodied him EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass
VODS or it didn't happen lel.
Nah trufax ^
Lucky for me you didn't beat Dave.

On another note Ness v Fox is 90-10

Last edited:

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Shoutouts to the guy who stole my drink. Twice.

Lizam - keep up the good work with your Sonic. :)

Earl - ggs, Villager's edgeguard game makes the MU hard, and you definitely put in a lot of effort trying not to get bowling bowl'ed. Imo the MU's not entirely in my favour but it definitely is hard for LM since you're dead when you go offstage.
I'd definitely be up to give you more Villager practice whenever you're not busy though.

Viva - 10/10 self commentary but you need to speak up. Can't bloody hear you.

Bijou - awesome talking to you as always and thanks for playin' with me in doubles. ^^
Think you're gonna be my partner for the rest of doubles. Looking forward to the cannonball shenanigans. ^^

Rhyno - and awesome seeing you again! I hope I've improved since the last time we played. ^^

Leisha - thank you for the Toadette. <3
Good stuff in smash 4 and it was awesome hanging out with you.
And omg that ROB/Villager monstrosity. xD

Bryce - we need to play sometime. Keen to see your Villager/Olimar.

MGK - always nice chatting to you and I look forward to seeing your Bowser Jr next monthly. Or an improved Ganon. ;)

AzuraSarah - gg, that was my first ever money match and I have to say, I prefer friendlies a lot more, but I understand now what the difference is besides the money.
I wasn't confident going Villager so I took out Megaman. He's a strong candidate for a new secondary and I think he did decently against Mii Gunner, although that might be because of the MU (he outcamps Villager so I assumed he would out camp Mi Gunner).
Anyways, I'll definitely check to see when I have time over holidays to come over sometime. :)

Izzago - always a pleasure to talk to you and thanks for the awesome work you've put in!

Dreadtech - enjoy the chocolate, Kirimaru.

Jei - I haven't seen you in awhile and I'm disappointed we didn't get to have any friendlies. Hopefully we'll get some next time!

Boozer - thanks for talking about MH. ^^

Mozart - nice to see you again. That Mii Brawler is looking good. Can't wait to see it in tournament. :)

Swanston St Smash Crew - So awesome to see so many of you turn up! I hope you all enjoyed this event and learned heaps!

Steven - Hope you enjoyed the pizza. Was nice talking to you ^^
Don't ever play Villager again please I'm begging you.

Splice - don't sweat about making me wait. I was too tired then anyway. xD

Looking forward to next ranbat!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Some quick shoutouts since I said I would.

Earl: Wish I banned Halberd instead lol. Got bodied, GG's get ya next time :p
Deez: Sorry for knocking you out. Rob is too tall for aura spheres on defino haha. Getting better though!
Ignis: Pls stop beating me in bracket! Awesome games regardless, probably shouldnt Yolo off stage so much.
Astra: Better luck for next tournament buddy, Just keep trying and you'll get into the top 10 for sure :D. You really deserve it
BJ: Good Games, I got dunked :p. Hope to see you again :O
Afro: Good to see you back again :D I hope to see you continue playing with us at future tournaments!
V: Thanks for being a massive help with the bracket and such while I panicked at the computer. Doing those glitches was bloody hilarious too, poor ROB xD. Thanks for the Ramune too! Blue is my favorite flavor too <3 Grats on second aswell!
SD: Keep playing smash 4 for the luls <3
Khoa: Thanks for the games in doubles, I havent played any singles games with you though! Sorry for the spike combo in doubles too.
Rhyno: Dont worry, you'll kick ass next tournament. These brackets are really crazy atm. Doubles was probably the most fun games I had that tournament. So crazy xD
Snoc: Was nice to meet you :) We should play next time!
Sarah: Mad props for helping run smash 4, did an awesome job on the mic!
Viva: Lol thanks for teaming me in doubles, sorry the long day that ended up breaking you. I still had tons of fun regardless :)
Sebby: We are now both blind and need glasses, XD. I hope to see you again next monthly!
Boozer: I broke Charizard in practise mode :p mowhahahaa!
Justin: I want a custom hat like you got badly now :O We forgot to play friendlies so please remind me next time!
Dekar: Hope america was fun! Good to have you back!
Laura: Thanks for coming again! I'll have to try visit for the smash 4 events on Friday to hang out with the swanstion crew.
Bijou: I sort of went beast mode in my losers bracket, I was really nervous in our games but managed to pull through! Sorry for the knockout though. You can get me next time :p. Thanks for providing a recording setup aswell. Cant wait to watch all the games this monthly.
Bryce: Sorry you keep getting silly brackets. Next time it should be all good. Hopefully not all the same players to vs again.
Nicks: good to see you and your friend at the tournament again! (friend or brother, I forgot his name or get it ><)
Baron: You're getting better every monthly, just keep trying your best and you'll get there and break top 10. Dont give up!
Tibby: Gratz for winning the tournament. Back on top again!
Tux: I just realised I cannot stand ROB dittos in tournament. Lol. Keep forgetting I can get dunked so easily. Awesome ROB though :) keep it up!
Tempest Element/Tom: I didnt get to talk to you guys much, we'll hang out more at the training sessions!
NinstarRose: Enjoy the sticker :D I hope you had fun with mario party 10!
Jei: Welcome back again! Sorry if viva was making you mad in doubles, we went into troll mode from fatigue
Jlo: That game with stevie I saw was clutch! You'll get Deez next time :p
Haydino: You found a main in smash 4 yet? I wish G&w wasn't garbage :<
Mozart: Thanks for the hype games, you did really well considering you've missed the last few tournaments. Keep going strong with the top 10 placings :D
MattG/Mask1n(samepersonright?): Peach Parasol 2g. Keep getting killed early with it :p
Stevie: I saw you did lots of commentary. Keep it up since we need more! I cant talk about things on the spot lol
Skyla: It was good to catch up again :D I know you said you were having a tough day aswell. I hope the necklace cheered you up =)
Dredtech: Stickers didnt come in the mail on time, next monthly you'll get the sticker okay? :O Thanks for helping run the tournament too!
Dean: I hope you get better soon, your voice was almost gone!
Billy: Whyyounotentersmash4? Good job stomping melee though ;o

Sorry if i missed anyone, Ive just been looking at the smash 4 bracket and going from there for names haha.

Another Shoutout to all the TO's who did a fantastic job running this event! I was expecting this event to be smaller but somehow became bigger haha. Cant wait for next monthly!

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Shout Outs:

Tibs: Dammit man that Dr. Mario was boss! I'll get you one day man ;)

Extra: Your Mr. Game & Watch and Wario are epic man. Keep up the amazing talent and you will go far :)

Noway: Dude those matches were funny... Match 1 I was killing you but I SDed... Match 2 you were killing me but you SDed... lols

Astra: Unlucky man... but your a challenging player man. Cant wait until the next one.

Jei: A solid Yoshi! I almost had you that second game ;) but I'll get ya next time ;)

Leishy: For the awesomeness Sticker :D and you were on FIRE!!! You were cleaning up the competition so fast and easy! Well done, playing so chilled and taking that break sure paid off well ;) Shame you missed out on Mario Party 10 :( but It was sooooo much fun :D finally a good Mario Party

Viva: Thanks for an epic warm up :D I played better in this warm up than the last time we played in Febs Monthly ;)

Baron: You can do it buddy ;) Lets just practise more but without that set goal... and I hope you enjoyed Mario Party 10

Tempest / Element: Man this monthly was MUCH more difficult than the last 2 months... Time to train hard!

EvenStephen: For someone that didnt train at all for the tournament... you did so amazing :D Well done! and I hope you enjoyed Mario Party 10

Bijou: For recording the games :D Thanks buddy :D My offer for making custom Youtube thumbnails is still open for ya :)

and last but not least...

Sonic: Love you bro. You and I will make the top one day :D Im sticking with you all the way! :4sonic:

Last edited:

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to have disappeared after doubles finished (well played to Jamwa/Sebby!). Things have been difficult with health and other stuff recently and I lost a lot of sleep on Friday, so I just didn't have it in me to play a full day of Smash. I'll see you all at the April events.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts blended into a huge block of text, trying to read it is half the fun!
only a fellow melee player (sd, better diddy than tibs) could stop me from tearing up all you kids in smash 4. jei and khoa got a good taste of what's to come, though (most fun I've ever had playing s4, thanks attila, nicks). charizard is legit broken tho and only boozer seems to have worked it out. mii sucks tho, sarah, and i'll win even harder once i start using dair off stage. smart projectile game tho. also smart are the 81 people who entered melee (except maybe sebby LOL dat 4 stock), the most I've ever seen at a monthly by far. weird/fun set with splice on that horrible lcd, marth feels as heavy as bowser. dom was certainly right to use it though, as 480p 60fps melee is worth trying for. sd seemed to have no worries with it anyway. i don't john often but my god i hated that lcd and the sets with sam were stuffed because of it. it's especially frustrating when we have a PVM sitting across the room. shoutouts to moxie for the taking the only game i dropped in PM. i'll brush up on my all star random and get you next time. hopefully that google doc spreadsheet works properly next time too. would save time and stress for our glorious TO team, dreadech, izzy, joey (& sarah?). thanks and well done.
bonus shoutout to tomo009, only noticed your pm run when looking at the bracket just now. knocked of my man mgk, and one game away from a rematch with jei (who you already took a game off) and then perhaps moxie, who i'd wager has no idea about lucario haha. exciting stuff.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
so many new players each tourney I think we need to sort a nametag system during sign ups.
Can confirm nametags are indeed quite good. We usually have them at every Sydney event and it makes finding players much easier and avoids yelling across the venue all the time.

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466
Hey guys, I met a lot of people this monthly so I guess why not do a shoutout? :)

First of all, shoutouts to the TOs who put in a lot of work to ensure that the tournament runs as smoothly as possible. I'm not alone here when I say that the community really appreciates what you do.

For individual shoutouts:

Simon: Great seeing you again at the monthly, and glad I got to play a few games with you. Sorry I suck at doubles haha

Bijou: Thanks for letting me play and commentate at your set-up man. What you're doing for the Smash 4 community in Melbourne is great and I hope it grows into something bigger. Also one of those rare instances where we don't run into each other at brackets haha. I really appreciate you saying that I'm a skilled player (even though it's totally not true :p ), but I've got a long way to go until I get to your level.

EvenStephen: ggs! The Diddy ditto was so hype, unfortunate that Lylat jank got the better of you :S Really great being on commentary with you and discussing the finer points of t3h Didd3h.

Jei: ggs. I really enjoy playing against a player of a high caliber like yourself, as it really tests my limits, and shows what I'm still lacking as a player.

Boozer and Rhyno: WE R FWENDS

Leisha: I was watching your match against Deez, and it's great to see you succeed where I have failed :p Congrats on getting top 8, hopefully I can get that runback :D

Deez: That match was one of the most intense and jankiest match I've ever played haha. ggs buddy

Snoc: ggs man, Fox dittos are hypeeeee. I wanna play you sometime in Melee, the true home of the spacies

HyperKitty: nice to meet you, and glad to see your enthusiasm :)

Revax: Nice to see you at the monthly, come to more tourneys bro!

It's a shame that I had to leave early and had to drop out of Melee singles prematurely, was really keen on getting some matches in. Overall, it was a great tourney and I hope to see you guys (and meet more people) again.

~JLo

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Just a Few Quick Shout outs! Between Bracket matches and commentary I didn't get to talk to many people :(

TO Crew: You guys did a great job this month! Me and some of the other "Smash + FGC" crew usually struggle at monthlies with the conflicting time schedules but this month was very accommodating, which was mind blowing considering the number of entrants.

Joey: Thanks for using your lunch break to give me a hug. DD always has time for some M4M

Dom: Your setup is great to commentate and run the stream on, Thanks for giving me the privilege

Juci: Was great to commentate with you. The people I like commentating with the most are people who let others finish what they are saying, and also know when to stop talking to let the other person provide insight. I think we alternated very well!

Tomo: Stop with the lame excuses as to how you "somehow accidentally" got 9th you busta. The Lucario is real. Just gotta get out of that melee 0-2 crew

Splice and Tom: Thanks for the advice after my matches, they are super appreciated as per usual!

Seb and Jamwa: Thanks for giving me and Juci an awesome doubles grand finals set to commentate! You guys are mad fun to watch.

Everyone who complimented my commentary: I really appreciate the kind words from the people at the event and people in the stream chat who give me lots of positive feedback! I dunno why people like listening to me but I'm glad some of you like what I say! We have lifted our commentary game in Aus and now I have some really good homies to learn from

Anyway was a great monthly and a good motivator for the #RoadToBAM

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
81 entrants!?

I've decided I'm going to look for jobs in vic and spend a year there. I want to get in on some of that action.

(Life decisions driven by desire to play smash lol).

Meredy

The Busterina
Yeah if these keep growing the way they are then we won't be able to move at all.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if these keep growing the way they are then we won't be able to move at all.
Based on my somewhat limited experience hiring venues for things is that the cost goes way up if things get bigger. On top of that, these events have some specific requirements such as operating hours, space and power requirements. If the cost goes up, entry fee goes up and/or the pot goes down, which hurts attendance numbers.

From there, you basically have to move the venue somewhere further from the city where it's usually cheaper, which can also hurt attendance.

Anything shy of getting way more attendees or a perfect venue that can accommodate all the specifics of Smash events, I don't think a venue change is likely. The Masons have been pretty good to the FGC in general from what I can tell.

Besides, the venue is only super crowded for about 30% of the entire time, people often leave after being eliminated. I usually just go outside and get some air, it helps a lot.

edit: anyone else who thinks they can easily find a bigger venue with power for 10-12 hours for ~$1000 that is centrally-located, good luck!

Last edited:

Gatbitg

Smash Rookie
Based on my somewhat limited experience hiring venues for things is that the cost goes way up if things get bigger. On top of that, these events have some specific requirements such as operating hours, space and power requirements. If the cost goes up, entry fee goes up and/or the pot goes down, which hurts attendance numbers.

From there, you basically have to move the venue somewhere further from the city where it's usually cheaper, which can also hurt attendance.

Anything shy of getting way more attendees or a perfect venue that can accommodate all the specifics of Smash events, I don't think a venue change is likely. The Masons have been pretty good to the FGC in general from what I can tell.

Besides, the venue is only super crowded for about 30% of the entire time, people often leave after being eliminated. I usually just go outside and get some air, it helps a lot.
The air smells like smoke tho

Top Bottom