• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

S.D

Smash Master
and thus SD's master plan to relocate tournaments to his home turf has begun
Then you will all feel the pain of being DQ'd for being late after 2+ hours of travel.
Although I can't see anyone being stuck at an intersection for 20 minutes like I was on Sydney Rd on Saturday.

Last edited:

Bijou

Smash Cadet
Late shoutouts time.

Boozer: You were certainly a very fun person to play doubles with. ; )

Rhyno: For once we didn't have to at against each other. I like this.

V: Thank you for your 2 cans of drink, they were delicious.

Leisha: Well done on your win against me. You were playing like a beast : o

Viva: Cheers for giving me some interesting audio to review while I edit all the matches. I'll bring my A game next time in singles against you.

Jei and Khoa: Doubles went a bit messed up for you guys. V and I were going to swap to joke characters to give you the win in the last game but the match started too fast and we just went with it. You managed to win anyway so it was all good.

Deez: You were there.

Bryce: We seem to keep getting matched up early in bracket. :c sorry. Leisha avenged you at least.

JLo: For once we didn't get matched up hahahaha. Hope you had fun ; )

Attila: Was fun commentating finals with you man. Hopefully we can do more in the future.

Dreadtech: Likewise, commentating with you is great. We bounce off each other well.

Tibs: Gratz on your singles win. You looked very unstoppable.

Baron: Cheers for the match man you're getting much better every time.

Splice: Sorry to hear you're looking at dropping Smash 4 man. Will still see you around ; )

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
who is the better Yoshi player Nikes or Jei? Just putting it real blunt because I am simply curious, cause they both look glorious in battle. Just want to see where I compare to them cause I would love to learn as much as I can and become better with Yoshi myself as I dedicate to him a **** tonne, like they do.

Thanks
:4yoshi:Baron

earla

Smash Lord
tehy both pretty even. i like em both

yoshis play the same.. yolo run off fair.. rinse repeat. jump around abit. jab down b ya kno

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Earl secretly mains yoshi. Check out all that knowledge.

Nikes has established himself as the better yoshi. I have my moments and I'm not far behind him but I thought everyone knew he was better.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
yoshis play the same.. yolo run off fair.. rinse repeat. jump around abit. jab down b ya kno
Lol I find alot of yoshis do that to me too :p

Also I was wondering for future tournaments, will this venue be the one for all year? I know its hard to find other venues, but having more space would be great :). Although this one is okay distance for me so not gonna complain too much.

Splice

Smash Hero
It was cool when there was just one Yoshi guy but now it's too much

please go extinct little dinosaur

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
yeah max is og and now all these kids think they can yoshi
I always mained Yoshi no matter how **** he was in whatever smash game. There is a difference between the other so called Yoshi mains that u see out there. And that of myself + others exactly like me. XD

Last edited:

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
On other news... I have some exciting news to share with the Melbourne Smash Community.

Most of you guys are already aware but I do make YouTube videos on a regular bases. And to help promote BAM7 and us as Competitive Smashers, I'll be making a short video about us and how much Australian's can kick ass... (So expect me to film and record at the next monthly guys)

but this is the exciting part... I've been in contact with Mr. Xander Mobus (The man that voiced the announcer of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U) to help voice this video to make it look like that Melbourne Australia really mean business.

I'll keep you guys in the loop, but with a little luck... you might get to hear the announcer of Super Smash Bros. shout out your Name or Gamer Tag ;)

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
On other news... I have some exciting news to share with the Melbourne Smash Community.

Most of you guys are already aware but I do make YouTube videos on a regular bases. And to help promote BAM7 and us as Competitive Smashers, I'll be making a short video about us and how much Australian's can kick ***... (So expect me to film and record at the next monthly guys)

but this is the exciting part... I've been in contact with Mr. Xander Mobus (The man that voiced the announcer of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U) to help voice this video to make it look like that Melbourne Australia really mean business.

I'll keep you guys in the loop, but with a little luck... you might get to hear the announcer of Super Smash Bros. shout out your Name or Gamer Tag ;)
This is exciting stuff, do you reckon you could get in contact with Wife to do some voice work in the vid too? Imagine Xander Mobus and Wife... lol but seriously though this is awesome.

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
This is exciting stuff, do you reckon you could get in contact with Wife to do some voice work in the vid too? Imagine Xander Mobus and Wife... lol but seriously though this is awesome.
It's possible ;) but I'll need Wife's full name.

Also guys, this stuff wont be free (for me at least) lols ;) It comes down to the price in the end. That's why I'll keep you guys in the loop. Xander is not 100% confirmed yet but this video that's happening is ;) So we still will have a video in the end.

I just hope these Stars pull through. If Xander doen't pull through then I'll go for Wife!

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman

Most of you guys are already aware but I do make YouTube videos on a regular bases. And to help promote BAM7 and us as Competitive Smashers, I'll be making a short video about us and how much Australian's can kick ***... (So expect me to film and record at the next monthly guys)

Heya, do you need some kind of original background music for some of your stuff? i love smash and the australia scene, and i'd love to help using my music if possible! Best Regards,

Benny P

Benny P

Smash Journeyman

Duude, Xander AND Wife!? i don't know if that can even be recorded without death by hype.

Nin*Rose

Strange isn't it!
NNID
Nezzy1991
Heya, do you need some kind of original background music for some of your stuff? i love smash and the australia scene, and i'd love to help using my music if possible! Best Regards,

Benny P
Thanks Benny P ;) that will be handy. I'll PM you if this video goes ahead especially...

Duude, Xander AND Wife!? i don't know if that can even be recorded without death by hype.
especially if Xander agrees ;) as for WIFE... I havent contacted him yet. So no bets on WIFE at the moment

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
It's possible ;) but I'll need Wife's full name.

Also guys, this stuff wont be free (for me at least) lols ;) It comes down to the price in the end. That's why I'll keep you guys in the loop. Xander is not 100% confirmed yet but this video that's happening is ;) So we still will have a video in the end.

I just hope these Stars pull through. If Xander doen't pull through then I'll go for Wife!
I don't have a twitter, but here's Wife's acc.
https://twitter.com/war_and_peach

I'd still be keen for the end result even if Xander and Wife aren't involved.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
By the way, if you cant get either Xander Mobus, or Wife, or even if you do get em, maybe try get contact with Dean Harrington? He was the voice of Melee's announcer, and i dont have nay bias, Xander is awesome as well as Wife

Just a suggestion

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
With everyone's Wii U's starting to become full of names, I'd like to establish a name-deleting etiquette for Smash 4. Can we please delete names from the bottom of name lists on Wii U's, since they are sorted by the which has been used last. By deleting names from the top of Wii U name lists, you are deleting the control schemes of people currently at the venue (Since they are the last ones who played), which means they have to re-enter their name and control schemes.

I understand newer players won't understand this etiquette but the more people who delete from the bottom the better.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
With everyone's Wii U's starting to become full of names, I'd like to establish a name-deleting etiquette for Smash 4. Can we please delete names from the bottom of name lists on Wii U's, since they are sorted by the which has been used last. By deleting names from the top of Wii U name lists, you are deleting the control schemes of people currently at the venue (Since they are the last ones who played), which means they have to re-enter their name and control schemes.

I understand newer players won't understand this etiquette but the more people who delete from the bottom the better.
How many names can a Wii U hold? Also, there may need to be exceptions to this rule- if you know regulars who just simply haven't played yet, it'd be a tad inconvenient for them to do it all again.

Otherwise, i totally agree- Getting to the point of no more room for names really sucks.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
How many names can a Wii U hold? Also, there may need to be exceptions to this rule- if you know regulars who just simply haven't played yet, it'd be a tad inconvenient for them to do it all again.

Otherwise, i totally agree- Getting to the point of no more room for names really sucks.
Venks is a regular who simply hasn't just played yet... :crying:

Smash 4 can hold 120 names. Given we're getting around 80 entrants currently, and that some players are eliminated from bracket after two games, three games, four games, and there are usually 7-10 setups, I doubt anyone will be truly inconvenienced if names are deleted from the bottom, unless the Wii U in question has been to a lot of events between monthlies.

Regardless, once a name is entered at a monthly, if everyone deletes from the bottom, that name will remain on that machine for the duration of the day.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Venks is a regular who simply hasn't just played yet... :crying:

Smash 4 can hold 120 names. Given we're getting around 80 entrants currently, and that some players are eliminated from bracket after two games, three games, four games, and there are usually 7-10 setups, I doubt anyone will be truly inconvenienced if names are deleted from the bottom, unless the Wii U in question has been to a lot of events between monthlies.

Regardless, once a name is entered at a monthly, if everyone deletes from the bottom, that name will remain on that machine for the duration of the day.

I wish i could've played with Venks, my first impressions of him just shouted "chill, cool guy" Plus, he has a mvc2 shirt like me too hahahaha

Thanks for the feedback- Your system sounds like a good one.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

I was actually planning on asking @ Splice Splice to make a S4 hype vid for BAM. Maybe he might contribute?

Splice

Smash Hero
No, guys, please don't delete any of my names on the setups, that's rude
SANIC, (+:+), .:.:.:, ::[,, (\, /), (/, \), ((=)), :-:-:, ^_^_^ and .'.'.'.' are all valid nametags

I hope that the Project M community at least can continue to tolerate these names (and more)

@ Attila_ Attila_ I'll get back to you on that

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
benny p, please make more music, it's good as. i'm not sure if you'd want it on a youtube channel that has NSFW stuff linked on it, though. just my two cents. benny p seems like a pretty work-safe guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom