• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliq is Amazing and so Can You! *Now with Smileypants Bowser Avatar!*

clowsui

Smash Legend
good **** sliq
did you take out the springs from your l/r buttons?
also when are you going to be back? come to newport this wednesday, midwest is lacking good brawlers

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
It is indeed fun to paint your controllers, I made mine bright red, about the color of blood. It looks pretty badass. Alright thanks for the advice I'll go mess around with it some more

Sliq

Smash Master
My keen powers of deduction tell me that this also started as a response to a stressful situation, such as a parental divorce.

Or maybe I'm just pushing my luck here attempting to get the hat-trick.
Not so right this time.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Some people probably already know this, but the murder choke is really useful on stages with water (delfino, pirate ship). If you do it in the air it goes into the suicide fall, but since there is water you don't die. This is cool because the downward momentum from the fall sends the other guy downward under the water in a little arch and you can jump out of the water and dair kill 100% of the time. If they are really low on %, you can just time more until they die. Another cool thing is the left ledge of the pirate stage. Since you can go through that little piece of wood, you can midair murder choke through it if someone is edge guarding you. If you get the choke, you take the other guy and he gets sent down in the little arch under the water and gets boat spiked 100% of the time and you are completely safe.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Stutter Step Murder Elbow
Smash the control stick in the opposite way you want to f-smash, then smash the c-stick in the way you want to smash. This causes Ganon's feet to shift forward, giving him more range on his f-smash.
I'm pretty sure Ganondorf can do this too, but you can do a 'full' stutter step by doing an initial dash forward and cancelling it with this one

In other words a dash dance forward>back + fsmash

It goes 2-3x as far ._.;

Coselm

Smash Ace
Hey Sliq.

Not sure if you want to put this in your guide or not, but I have found something out about Ganon that I already knew from Melee.

With Ganon's murder kick in the air, you can meteor smash people. You have to hit with the first part of the attack though, or it will jsut send them upwards (similar to TL's dair if any of you have ever played as or against him).

Yup... So if anybody is below you in the air and you are high enough up to where you can still make it back after a murder kick, then this comes in useful.

This meteor smash is situational, and I rarely land it because the opportunity rarely arises, but when you do land it will usually kill. This should be quite useful against characters that are predictable with chasing you off the stage (MK, jigz, kirby, and rob are all prime candidates)

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey Sliq.

Not sure if you want to put this in your guide or not, but I have found something out about Ganon that I already knew from Melee.

With Ganon's murder kick in the air, you can meteor smash people. You have to hit with the first part of the attack though, or it will jsut send them upwards (similar to TL's dair if any of you have ever played as or against him).

Yup... So if anybody is below you in the air and you are high enough up to where you can still make it back after a murder kick, then this comes in useful.

This meteor smash is situational, and I rarely land it because the opportunity rarely arises, but when you do land it will usually kill. This should be quite useful against characters that are predictable with chasing you off the stage (MK, jigz, kirby, and rob are all prime candidates)
Well, this is pretty common knowledge. Plus this is less of a guide and more a collection of different techniques.

Sliq

Smash Master

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was playing a Ganondorf the other day (I was Pikachu), and I figured out that I could duck under his down-b on the ground. I thought it was a one-time thing, but he just kept spamming it, and on flat surfaces I just held down and was not hit at all. Apparently, the hitbox doesn't extend all the way to the floor, so short characters like Pikachu, possibly Squirtle, Olimar, etc can just duck under it and punish.

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey, I was playing a Ganondorf the other day (I was Pikachu), and I figured out that I could duck under his down-b on the ground. I thought it was a one-time thing, but he just kept spamming it, and on flat surfaces I just held down and was not hit at all. Apparently, the hitbox doesn't extend all the way to the floor, so short characters like Pikachu, possibly Squirtle, Olimar, etc can just duck under it and punish.
This has been known for a while, but thanks for trying.

Added a new section thanks to my muse aeolous. It's called **** Banana Peels.

I plan on adding some **** sometime soon. Look for it.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Geez sliq, those were some really good battles. I learned quite a few tricks from those videos (Utilt finally has a purpose for me now). I also thought it was cool how you rarely pursued off the edge, but when you did, you had a guaranteed spike.

I really need to work on my Thunderstorming.

Sliq

Smash Master
I have team videos up now. I'll add all my tournament matches to the front page.

Sliq

Smash Master
those were some *** kicking vids lol mounty punchers

if you wanna wifi that'd be cool
I'm actually really tired. We might be able to play some other time, but most of the time I'm in online tournaments, and when I'm not I'm usually smashed out. You can only play so much wifi before you get sick of lag.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Ganon can glide throw people? o.o I can do it with items, but with other chars....I am a bit confused as to how...

Sliq

Smash Master
Ganon can glide throw people? o.o I can do it with items, but with other chars....I am a bit confused as to how...
I meant people as in hey guys, Ganon can glide toss, not as in he can physically throw another character. I'm not changing it in my guide because the confusion makes me laugh.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
****. I could just see it now. Glide tossing my friend when he is playing R.O.B.....and then getting a taunt in just because. Sliq, think I could get a wifi match with you sometime this week? I am trying to figure out how to improve my GDorf.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
After watching your videos sliq, I noticed you used a technique similar to the Murder Kick Cancel, but involving the Murder Choke. However, you have no section labeled Murder Choke Cancel, so I went to go check it myself. I'm hoping you'll add a section, because I find this significantly easier than MKCing, albeit more dangerous.

To start, you must be a distance away from the edge that will allow you to go over it with the Flame Choke, normally causing a freefall. The exact distance is pretty lenient, though if you're far enough back, you'll stop yourself at the ledge. After initiating the Choke, just hold back on the joystick. Ganon will go over the edge and immediately sweetspot it.

The reason I say this is easier is because it doesn't require a knowledge of distances, like the Murder Kick does. But it's more difficult because you enter "helpless frames" from the Murder Choke, so if someone grabs the ledge before you, you'll die.

Hope this helps in some way.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it might have been overlooked, but Ganondorf can do a "full stutter step" if you:

Tap Forward-Smash (control stick) Back+C-stick forward

it basically adds the range of an initial hop from a dash dance to the stutter step, doubling its range/movement.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I don't think this is what Tenki is talking about, and it's probably something that's been discovered already(if not, then I feel sorry for the world), but the distance that you can dash without entering the "running" animation varies depending on how long you hold the control stick.

...really basic...

but it lets you space pivoted attacks a lot better.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Surprised this isn't in the Projectile Cancel list...

Regarding Lucario's Aurasphere, Ganon can jab through uncharged shots. But the fun part is regarding fully charged auraspheres. Until Lucario reaches 117% damage, Ganon can F-Tilt or Dash A fully charged auraspheres. I prefer Dash A as it closes the distance between Ganon and Lucario. At 117% and higher though, F-Tilt and Dash A can't stop FC'd auraspheres...
...But FSmash can. =)

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't think this is what Tenki is talking about, and it's probably something that's been discovered already(if not, then I feel sorry for the world), but the distance that you can dash without entering the "running" animation varies depending on how long you hold the control stick.

...really basic...

but it lets you space pivoted attacks a lot better.
Eh.. I basically tried to condense the instructions for the... third one (taken from a sticky in the Sonic boards):

TwinkleToes said:
Originally Posted by TwinkleToes
The two kinds of stutter step smashing are
a)left on the control, right on the c-stick (which you named) [Credited to the_yoshinator]
b)right on the control stick, right on the c-stick (discovered by yours truly)

and then we have your discovery (I'll credit it to you because you put me on the track of finding it)
c) lightly tap the control stick right, smash the control stick left, and smash the c-stick right-- all in immediate succession. (smashing the control stick in the first step will result in a dash attack or a stutter step) [Credited to domiNate]

To give you an idea on distance between the three things we have here I went to Final destination and used the dark green arrows on the stage that point outward as a guide. I put Sonic's toe to one tip and measured how many times I would have to do a technique to get his body entirely on the other side of the arrow.

a) Takes 3 stutter steps no matter how you do it
b) Takes 2 if you time it right
c) Takes 1

So in other words, your method yields 3xs the distance of what most people on the Sonic forum have been using, and 2xs what I've been using. Of course, the need for each will probably be situational but it's good to add as much to the ol' technique arsenal as possible.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the reason why it is different can be seen in the tapping of the control stick. If you smash the control stick as you do in a stutter step you will see your character dash. If you tap and then smash in the opposite direction you will see your character move forward ever so slightly and then quickly run in the opposite direction. To distill that even further, if you just do the tap you will notice that instead of going into the dash animation, the character just takes a short shuffle forward. I tested what would happen if you just did the tap and the smash and instead of sliding the initial short move forward is the only distance added to the smash.
It's been around on the Sonic boards for a while, but since Ganondorf can do the 'first' stutter step, I went ahead and tried the full step, and it worked.

@.@; either way, it only doubles the amount of ground you cover with a stutter step. I don't care if it's added or not, just wanted to point out that Ganondorf can do it too.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
After watching your videos sliq, I noticed you used a technique similar to the Murder Kick Cancel, but involving the Murder Choke. However, you have no section labeled Murder Choke Cancel, so I went to go check it myself. I'm hoping you'll add a section, because I find this significantly easier than MKCing, albeit more dangerous.

To start, you must be a distance away from the edge that will allow you to go over it with the Flame Choke, normally causing a freefall. The exact distance is pretty lenient, though if you're far enough back, you'll stop yourself at the ledge. After initiating the Choke, just hold back on the joystick. Ganon will go over the edge and immediately sweetspot it.

The reason I say this is easier is because it doesn't require a knowledge of distances, like the Murder Kick does. But it's more difficult because you enter "helpless frames" from the Murder Choke, so if someone grabs the ledge before you, you'll die.

Hope this helps in some way.
You dont really have to be at any certain distance, well I mean besides in range to fall off the edge. You can be pretty much be right beside the ledge and nail it. You just have to DI back immediately .

Top Bottom