• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliq is Amazing and so Can You! *Now with Smileypants Bowser Avatar!*

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. I didn't watch all of it, only about the first half, but what you've proved is that in a suicide, some characters inherently don't die first? I'm thinking to the R.O.B. part here, where Ganon was required to hit the ground before R.O.B. took damage. So this could imply that the suicide deaths thing isn't necessarily random for everyone, or that it's guaranteed to end in a Sudden Death mach, but that some characters just won't die first?

Interesting. Maybe I'll look further into this when I get the time.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I don't know if this has been mentioned or is worth mentioning, but you can still down b cancel after you hit someone with it. You just have to be a little bit closer to the edge to cancel it. This can also link to other moves and can even combo.

At low % (0-30%?) you can combo downb>uair or downb>nair, these are the only downb combos. After doing any of those two combos, you can double jump and do an uair or whatever.

These don't combo and only work at about 0-10% , but they still link up very well:
downb>dair = death (best one!)
downb>downb = death to both players (very risky, just do it for the lulz)
downb>footstool>dair

At a little bit higher % you can link the following
downb>fowardb=death to both players (risky, but awesome when it connects.)
downb>fair
downb>upb

Once you get to mid %, you have use your double jump, in order to land any of the aerial moves.

One more thing I want to mention is that if they block the downb while they are near the edge, they will be pushed off and you can footstool>dair. :)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Just today, once again while playing some Brawl, i wondered to myself over and over: "I dont know who to play, i need to get a main, who could it be?", and i must say after seeing this thread along with your videos, i decided it'll be Ganon, i just hope i can stay consistent with him, since i use many characters, but i think i will.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hum... Does someone have a tips to read the opponent's action after a Flame Choke ? It seems that it's not possible... :/

Sliq

Smash Master
Interesting. Maybe I'll test with that. Does anyone know if Ganon can ever win a match by Flame Choking off the edge with one life?

Also, nice knock to Dedede players. Man, I hate that guy.
No, seemingly Ganon either ties or loses, never wins, for some ****ing reason.

And Dedede is fat and dumb, and so are the people that play him.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
M2k fat? Last I saw him he was begging people for money for food. Lucky for him he was surrounded by all his lil fans that just wanted to toss some cash at him. I intercepted and got a buck :D true story.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
does bowser get the win if he does his side b suicide? cuz if he does that'd be a toal wack attack.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Second that.

I've been bouncing back and forth between Ganon or ROB maining, and I think with a bit of practice I'm starting to tilt the needle decisively towards the Triforce of Power.

Sliq

Smash Master
Gotta be honest with you Sliq. Those latest videos gave me 4 boners at once.
Boner's? In my thread? It's more likely than you think.

Also, don't worry, that happens a lot, but if it persists for 4 hours, consult a physician.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
does bowser get the win if he does his side b suicide? cuz if he does that'd be a toal wack attack.
He has a chance to win. It is a pretty even split.

Also, don't forget with a dash attack you can stage spike DDD if you play on BF (and maybe other stages...though I haven't tried)

So guys...there is speculation that they way the metagame is evolving, Ganon is going to get a tier bump. Since it is evolving towards stalling, and GDorf's ability to punish is so great, that he is going to be pretty ****ed good.

Think the guy who said that got it right?

Dragmire

Smash Lord
ganon doesn't need tier bumps it makes us look better if we play ganon well as a bottom tier competing with high/top tiers

also ganon could fight stalling with b forward and what else?

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
ganon doesn't need tier bumps it makes us look better if we play ganon well as a bottom tier competing with high/top tiers

also ganon could fight stalling with b forward and what else?

Firstly, the point I was making with people starting to think of him as higher tier is that they are finally coming to fear Ganon players just like they should :p

But actually, Ganon would be the one stalling. You would wait for someone to make a mistake and then capitalize on it. You would prolly start off with a jab/sparta kick, or a murder choke to dtilt if you can manage. If you land those, it throws them off their game and allows you to play aggressively for a time. All you need is 6 hits.

Now this isn't to say be completely defensive. A 0% thunderstomp can easily net you 40%~50% (I am at work and dont remember exact percentages). And if they leave themselves open, get in there and get them.

I tried this on a R.O.B. mainer who is a friend of mine last night. He is no Overswarm, but still a pretty ****ed good R.O.B. player. After losing to him pretty much half the time prior to that evening, I won 4 out of 5 of the matches we played, and each one that I won I was at 3 stock at the end of the match, save the last in which I Ganoncided his last life. (These were 5 stock matches, 8:00 min time limit, no items on BF)

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
Bowser wins if he is a higher port (1=highest port). It goes to sudden death if he is a lower port.
Really? If that's not a joke, that's pretty cool. I wonder who thought that up.

Sliq

Smash Master
Really? If that's not a joke, that's pretty cool. I wonder who thought that up.
No it isn't a joke, and no it isn't cool. Something so arbitrary as controller port determining the outcome of a match is ******** on such a massive level that just thinking about WHY IN GOD'S NAME THEY WOULD DO THIS causes your brain to explode.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No it isn't a joke, and no it isn't cool. Something so arbitrary as controller port determining the outcome of a match is ******** on such a massive level that just thinking about WHY IN GOD'S NAME THEY WOULD DO THIS causes your brain to explode.
I wish they used this concept in Guilty Gear. Then I'd actually beat Slayer once in a while.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
lul wut?

Wow. I just learned that a message needs 10 characters for you to post it. "Lul wut?" is not considered a sendable message on its own....

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
It's all about timing. Just mess with the timing on it. Do it faster, slower, just keep trying it until you get it. When done right you slide quit a ways.

Unrelated note:

How exactly did you paint you controller?

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
That is pretty awesome. I'd love to have a controller painted so nicely. Especially since I'm dreaming of owning a black one, which of course is no longer being made. No, I have to buy a stupid PLATINUM controller, which I already own.

At least I'll have a matching set.

EDIT: Was quoting both images really necessary?

Top Bottom