• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
moral of the story: don't leave the venue for two hours when the tourny is scheduled to start or have fun handing out charity sets and starting from loser's. not a hard concept
wow yay, are you serious?

2 hours? more like 15-20 minutes.
scheduled to start? very obvious that it was starting, considering the bracket wasn't up nor any announcements were made.

I honestly don't really care about it all that much, because we do carry a lot of the burden for leaving, but holy ****, stop making it seem like its was clearly laid out that singles had started, and making us seem like super irresponsible douchebags who only come to tournaments to hold up brackets and smoke.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
We left at around 4:30, I was told the bracket was put up at... 4:42 that the bracket had been put up, we were back at a little after 4:50. We were gone less than 25 minutes and back 10 minutes after the bracket was put up. Just to clarify the timing for anyone.

Edit: we left at 4:34, we were gone less than 20 minutes.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Finally someone who understand how i feel. If i wanted to have fun, i would go to smashfests, tournies are for when you want to get serious about playing, but even though i don't like it, i have to disagree with the texting thing, if they aren't playing they should be able to text imo. Also, i think you are overreacting a little, it's ok to leave the venue for like 5 minutes to smoke or something, but anything more than that is holding stuff up. But you made a good point about food, i hate when there is a long break for food and I'm not hungry, i didn't drive 3.5 hours to wait while people eat, so if people just brought their food to the tourney the could eat and still talk about the game and it would be more fun.

I'll admit your posts defending Josh made me kinda not like you, but at least you are right about this.
This guy is good

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion

scheduled to start? very obvious that it was starting, considering the bracket wasn't up nor any announcements were made.

I honestly don't really care about it all that much, because we do carry a lot of the burden for leaving, but holy ****, stop making it seem like its was clearly laid out that singles had started, and making us seem like super irresponsible douchebags who only come to tournaments to hold up brackets and smoke.
it had been announced that the bracket was going up, i heard this BEFORE you guys left the venue. I don't care if you're going to smoke or **** my mother, you should tell someone before you leave period, or tell your friends to call you when the bracket goes up. if i was going to leave, I'd tell someone who I knew wouldn't leave to call me when it started. It was your own faults for leaving the venue in the first place without A: saying anything to anyone and B: telling someone to notify you when brackets started.

There's no real way to prove just how long you guys were gone, so that's irrelevant, the fact of the matter is you guys ALL left without saying a ****ing word and you're arguing with me that you're in the right? My half black ***.

Facts:

You left the tourny
You were not there when your matches were called
People complained about you guys not being there to play
You didn't tell anyone to call you when things started
Brawl was waiting on Melee to end to be able to start and they were strapped for time

MORAL OF THE STORY? DON'T LEAVE TOURNAMENTS!!!

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
We left at around 4:30, I was told the bracket was put up at... 4:42 that the bracket had been put up, we were back at a little after 4:50. We were gone less than 25 minutes and back 10 minutes after the bracket was put up. Just to clarify the timing for anyone.
you guys left before 4:30, because that is when LOZR showed. You left before he came. It was 4:40 when Mahone and MinQ came up to me and asked about their matches. You guys were not back for at least 30 min after that.

But I do not think it is that big of a deal, since everyone got to play their ****ing matches regardless. I wish we could drop this. Next tournament I am going to call for a match, and people have 15 min to show or you lose.

The end. You get 15 minutes next time. Uniform, set time. If you leave the venue before brackets are up and still are not here when your match is, you lose anyways.
I want no more discussion, everything has been said.

Doing results thread now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Adding onto Yay's: Or at least leave when you're all out/during break/during a lot of down time waiting for bracket to catch up.

Edit: cool results thread woo

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

Have my children.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Congratulations Dylan lawing.

you have been accepted.

We await your arrival.

- Leader of the Illuminati.
lol OMG!! yuve been talking about the Illuminati in the marvel universe! hahahaha

This whole time I thought u were talking/joking about the real illuminati wow! haha

Wow we really are a bunch of nerds haha good times :)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
real quick, yay, shut up you mother****ing cocky *******. you're never going to be DQ'd at one of these and you don't even know what happened.
you guys left before 4:30, because that is when LOZR showed. You left before he came. It was 4:40 when Mahone and MinQ came up to me and asked about their matches. You guys were not back for at least 30 min after that.

But I do not think it is that big of a deal, since everyone got to play their ****ing matches regardless. I wish we could drop this. Next tournament I am going to call for a match, and people have 15 min to show or you lose.

The end. You get 15 minutes next time. Uniform, set time. If you leave the venue before brackets are up and still are not here when your match is, you lose anyways.
I want no more discussion, everything has been said.

Doing results thread now.
You're 100% percent wrong about times, Maria. Everyone was waiting on me because I got a call from my parents at 4:32, and that call lasted for about 2min. We didn't leave until after 4:30. Once again, I got a call from a friend, tell us that the bracket had gone up at 4:42. I received a text from the same person who called asking where I was at 4:47. Thinking he was going to tell me I needed to play my match, we all headed back and were back in the venue 5-6 minutes later. It was a little less than twenty minutes. My friend Matt told me that no clear effort to getting missing people back to the venue. Doesn't matter when LoZR got there because these times are correct and yours aren't.

btw I'm not trying to blame you, and I'm not saying we're not at fault for not being there, I'm just trying to clear thing up and get my feelings out.

DJRome

Smash Hero
im dq'ing the **** out of people next duke if they're late more than 15 minutes. even if u have a timeline to follow, if there is no penalty, there's no reason to adhere to it. most of u scrubs should just start after ur out of doubles :)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
real quick, yay, shut up you mother****ing cocky *******. you're never going to be DQ'd at one of these and you don't even know what happened.
You're 100% percent wrong about times, Maria. Everyone was waiting on me because I got a call from my parents at 4:32, and that call lasted for about 2min. We didn't leave until after 4:30. Once again, I got a call from a friend, tell us that the bracket had gone up at 4:42. I received a text from the same person who called asking where I was at 4:47. Thinking he was going to tell me I needed to play my match, we all headed back and were back in the venue 5-6 minutes later. It was a little less than twenty minutes. My friend Matt told me that no clear effort to getting missing people back to the venue. Doesn't matter when LoZR got there because these times are correct and yours aren't.

btw I'm not trying to blame you, and I'm not saying we're not at fault for not being there, I'm just trying to clear thing up and get my feelings out.
lolol Suck my fat **** Lucas, I don't get DQ'd because I'm not a ****ing ******** asshat who walks off like a certain ginger I know. Maybe next time you'll use some sense that apparently isn't common with some ****nuts like yourself and stay there at the venue. I would've DQ'd your *** the same way as Maria did because you weren't there when you were supposed to be.

TL;DR, blow me, ******.

Top Bottom