• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

NNID
Budget_Player
Make sure you double check with Tech Chase. Saw recent posts about him quitting smash or quitting smash traveling.
He is still playing locally, I'm not to sure how he is even getting out to this since the only person who was willing to drive had something come up

:phone:
Thanks for the heads-up, guys... Guess I'll ask him again.

JohnBan

Smash Rookie
hi im bloodcross

who wants to money match? i go falco and meta knight lolz xd

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
I've been saying I needed a partner for this.

This is kingtoon for all that don't know. I'm looking for a good\decent partner.....

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ATTN FNB NORTH

you guys book the hotel this time. I'm not tryna do it

but if you guys ain't tryna room

then I need a spot in someones room.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Will be reposting this with updated info every once in a while.

There's obviously alot more teams established, teammates needed, carpools, etc but I'm just posting the info that I know atm and will update it as more info is posted.

Teams Established:

DEHF and Shugo
Glutonny and Leon
Esam and Mekos
MVD and Seibrik
nocky and Argai Ronso
Nakat and Jbandrew
Vinnie and Dabuz
Garm and Logan Ash
Inui and Malcolm
DRN and Player-1
Mr. R and Orion
belaC and Mr. Eric
Mew2King and Trela
k9 and KiraFlax

Teammates Needed:

Pwii
Gunblade
Uno
Xzax
Kiraflax
Ally
Anti?
Kingtoon
Chibosempai

Hotel/Housing Info:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=138578

Carpools:

*unknown am*

These players need rides:

Player-1 (Long Island NY)
DRN (Long Island NY)
Seibrik (Friday @ 7:00 PM - La Guardia Airport, NY)
MVD (Friday @ 7:00 PM - La Guardia Airport, NY)

Thats it for now. If you're looking for a teammate or need a ride let me know and I'll update this.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I hope Coontail, Pierce and Keitaro decide to commentate, defintely my favorite commentators so far. ( TKO IS ALSO AMAZING )

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Pierce? You were lucky to actually be at Apex, not because it was epic and blahblah, but because Pierce was the worst commentator any video game had ever known. **** was terrible.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Pierce? You were lucky to actually be at Apex, not because it was epic and blahblah, but because Pierce was the worst commentator any video game had ever known. **** was terrible.
I've seen pretty much ALL the vids, although personally I liked his goofy way of commentating I can understand that alot of people didn't though.

That being said he did apologize and moved on. everyone makes mistakes lol and his commentary is godlike now.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I never had a problem with the commentary Pierce got **** for. In high pressure situations some players, regardless of how good they are, don't see opportunities for certain moves. Being outside of the situation grants a clearer perception so saying "Oh he should've done this" actually makes sense.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Pierce did very well at Collision III recently. I am usually not a fan of his commentary but he really stepped it up after Apex which I told him a couple times while watching him commentate at Collision III.

Commentator list soonish!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I never had a problem with the commentary Pierce got **** for. In high pressure situations some players, regardless of how good they are, don't see opportunities for certain moves. Being outside of the situation grants a clearer perception so saying "Oh he should've done this" actually makes sense.
You can have a different opinion of why someone picked an option but you should never commentate in a way that makes the person seem stupid or ******** or like a "noob". That was the issue. There almost a tone of disgust in his voice while commentating and there is no need for that. And commentators don't know everything and definitely aren't in the players shoes to know what they are thinking during every situation.

They have no right to shame a player intentionally or unintentionally. Spectators definitely don't want to hear that. And that doesn't do good for the community and could push players away.

So it's not a matter of whether the information was correct or made sense, the problem was the delivery.

My personal favorite commentating of Pierce was Pound 5. He was too funny

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Pierce is my mans, he's awesome. Also, why is commentary ever the main focus of these big events now? Where the **** is the **** talk and hype MMs/side bets? I GOT 20 ON M2K WINNING, WHO WANT IT?!?!

:017:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I find Pierce's regular commentary only slightly annoying and often he spits out inaccurate "knowledge" of the game. Its a pain listening to someone talk about what would have happened in a TAS video. Only at APEX was it actually distracting from actually watching the matches though.

Most Smash commentary is pretty bad compared to other stuff anyway so do what you can.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Tkbro should (Commentate) do top 16-8 in singles bracket

ESAM & Peirce 4 top 8 in singles bracket

Doubles... hell idek

:sonic:

Top Bottom