• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Tkbro should (Commentate) do top 16-8 in singles bracket

ESAM & Peirce 4 top 8 in singles bracket

Doubles... hell idek

:sonic:

:phone:
But I'll BE in top 8 so I can't commentate my own matches (Without seeming like a ****)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LOL thanks for the support guys. but top 8? nah son. thats when it turns into MK vs (some other high tier but most likely MK)

and everyone knows I find that match to be the most boring match ever to talk about.

#CoonTail2012

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I consider 2PM the next day to still be tonight of the day before! So I still got some minutes to announce the commentators!

So lucky Egyptians follow the 2PM is still the same night, phew! Would have been out $200 dollars!

Keitaro

SKTAR Commentator List

Discussed this with Chibo

Guaranteed Top Commentators

These guys will very likely be doing top 8 commentary matches. Funny thing is we don't think they will likely work well commentating with each other so they will be doing top 8 but switching off or something with some other possible commentator or 2.

Coontail
Gunblade

Top Commentators

These guys are pretty much the other guys that will likely be with the other 2 up there but it isn't guaranteed yet.

Pierce
EE
TKO

Test Commentators

These guys will likely be on the mic at some point. If I hear any more interesting commentary from them they can be pushed up some.

Bizkit
Esam
Mekos
(for doubles lol)
uhhh am I missing people!??! lol Don't remember

TO Top Commentators

These guys would have likely been top commentators, but can't due to being TOs for the event. They can still likely get on the mic at important or non important matches during the tournament if time allows.

Doom
Keitaro

If you think you may have been forgotten feel free to mention yourself or anyone else.

Seibrik's Super Saiyan Kommentators: SSSK

Seibrik has thought of the wonderful idea to gather information on the players registered so before a match begins (or even while it is going on) documented information about the player's past accomplishments can be mentioned to help the commentators and players watching the livestream. This will including who the players have beaten related to the set about to begin, where they are from, their usual placings, their experience in the matchup they are about to fight, and other stuff like why they chose their tag.

He will likely be gathering the information on this and if others want to throw info at him feel free to do so. Don't have to rush to do that now though. Still have to work out some of this with him. But there will likely be a binder at the tournament with your name filed in ABC order with information on how great you how are how much you suck lol. I like this idea. Great find Seibrik.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too bad Doom won't commentate a lot. I've always liked his voice and manners on the streams I watched.

:059:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Fixed most of teams
Shout up and take my money!!!

:sonic:

:phone:

Also... ESAM is hands down the BEST commentator 4 MUs and technicality. We need someone who is entertaining or talks about personalities and history of the players

Keitaro

TKBro you bring a bottle and I'll bring a bottle, just saying :p

Def not during or at the tournament though lol. Like in a hotel room or something.

Keitaro

Also I was thinking of either one of these events happening.

East Coast vs West Coast

US vs Europe

Would be a 5v5 battle and would be streamed.

So far the top players confirmed from Europe are Leon, Glutonny, Orion, and Mr. R. Could throw vVv Zero in there too.

From WC we got Mikehaze, Tyrant, DEHF, and possibly Rich Brown.

This is all just thoughts but feel free to give an opinion on this.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
but on a more serious note:

I was just watchin the heat body some scrub team in the playoffs :troll: and i noticed how good the commentators were

they just always had something to say, even it was just as simple as comparing a players performance in this game and his past. we can collect little stat records for this, some examples may include:

SD's
For IC players: chaingrab completion % (or a drop%)
Gimps
average edgegrabs?

All this info could be collected at tournies if the matches aren't being recorded, and i'd say we can even just pay attention to the top 8 matches for these records (cuz who cares how many times m2k has gimped a scrub?)

there can be more things of course, these are just some initial ideas off the top of my head

also, before tourny sets, i'd like some commentators who are currently not commentating to do BRIEF prepared interviews with the players of the upcoming matches.

just gettin their general feelings on the MU they're about to experience, if they've ever played before, what they expect.

this kinda stuff can be discussed during character select/bans/stage select processes so theres no real dead talk they have to bs thru about sandwhiches they like, or other irrelevent ****

The whole point is this:

for anyone NOT at the tourny, the stream is all they rly have to remember the tourny by (this is for any tourny not just sktar)

and the stream i believe is 50% match (whats going on) and 50% commentary(whats being said)

i think the viewers (correct me if im wrong) care equally about both. If u had a stream of just matches, no talking at all, i think a good portion of viewers will lose interest, same can be said for the opposite.

Just a section of competitions that i think we've failed to put in decent time to doing RIGHT.

sooo, thoughts?

Keitaro

Don't care about crew? I am sad :(

As for Zero, I'm working on something for him right at this moment. Will be made more public soon.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Also I was thinking of either one of these events happening.

East Coast vs West Coast

US vs Europe

Would be a 5v5 battle and would be streamed.

So far the top players confirmed from Europe are Leon, Glutonny, Orion, and Mr. R. Could throw vVv Zero in there too.

From WC we got Mikehaze, Tyrant, DEHF, and possibly Rich Brown.

This is all just thoughts but feel free to give an opinion on this.
if this is happening, then we should do it before singles otherwise there will be no hype.

There are 4 people from europe who can potentially beat the american top players going to this
fixed

Also I think you are underestimating zero alot, I found him harder to beat then kakera/rain in friendlies

NNID
Budget_Player
if this is happening, then we should do it before singles otherwise there will be no hype.

fixed

Also I think you are underestimating zero alot, I found him harder to beat then kakera/rain in friendlies
I'm drunk and in troll mode. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. And yeah, if anything you guys should do 4v4, because europe

Edit: 4?

Keitaro

Hmm, 4 v 4 v 4. Europe vs EC vs WC? Just some ideas.

Mr. R, Leon, Glutonny, Orion

M2K, Nairo, Vinnie, Esam

Tyrant, Mikehaze, DEHF, Rich

Each group must fight the other group once.

Just throwing out some more ideas

Mr-R

Smash Champion
^ that actually sounds amazing and super hyped, let's go with that LOL

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
This has caught my interest. I thought the date was during my summer term but it's a month after so this is a possibilty for me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Round Robin Crew Battle?

Will TX have enough players going to enter as well? If not, you should definitely drop RB for Trela on the WC team. No one wants to watch olimar in a crew battle anyway. :trollface:

Top Bottom