• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler really isn't that good.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
I'm a scrub from new england who plays sheik and he has never even two stocked me before and yet he is the best Link player to battle against? Discuss.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
link doesnt do good vs sheik

also hes not the best just cuz hes good, hes the best cuz his tourney statistics speak for themselves, he places at tourneys with LINK!!!!!!!!!!!

Aesir

Smash Master
Thank you so much >.> nice to have a fan

To Aesir, I'll beat you at a tourney and take your pride if you keep dissing me (although calling yourself Milktea's minion is pretty shameful).
You probably have beaten me at a tourney already and you just don't know it. I'm pretty bad at this game.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Did you know that half of the link boards likes to make threads about how awesome up+B is, because of the look on bowsers face when he goes flying.

On that note, skraaaaah.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
link doesnt do good vs sheik

also hes not the best just cuz hes good, hes the best cuz his tourney statistics speak for themselves, he places at tourneys with LINK!!!!!!!!!!!
skler four stocked plank in tourney son! cant argue with those shiek killing skillz!

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
thats really funny. even if i believed your story i just think its funny that your making fun of a link player as sheik. i mean, i love sheik as much as the next guy but it doesnt mean i brag on every pichu fight that i reel in as a victory. besides, i think your full of crap. L1NK = T3H PWNZ3R!

Deva

Smash Lord
lmao, he's actually trying to say Skler isn't very good. Alright, the honest truth. Skler is really good with Link. Hands down, no question. There's just one problem.

OMFG EAST COAST IS SOOOO LINK RETARTED.

seriously, I watch Skler's vids and the guys he plays against fall for the stupidest crap. The thing is, they are really good players. They just don't know how to play against Link Since there are no other really good Link's in East coast cept Azen and he rarely uses Link. I remember when Skler was playing PC's Marth, Skler would be u-tilting way too much through out the match and PC would never punish him since I guess he didn't realize he could just dash and grab him before the next u-tilt. Any ways, I'm not saying Skler isn't good. He's amazing. Just notice though why Trevyn is pretty low on the socal PR yet he place well at SCC since there were a lot of OOSers thrown in the mix. The people in his region know how to play against Link, the OOSers didn't. See, Link is a special kind of low tier. If you're good with Link, you can beat good players who use high-top tier characters as long as they don't know a whole lot about Link. That's why Link is low tier though, Once people learn how to play against Link, his options become extremely limited and it's really tough to win even with mind games for how limited of a character he is. Skler plays pretty smart with Link, but even then, when pitted against Shiek, no matter how good or bad the Shiek is, it's really difficult for Link to pull off a win.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Deva's right. I've been noticing that I've had a harder time lately (though it's made me a better player), because of people not knowing how to play Link.

Take the hookshot sweetspot. It took an entire month for people to recognize that they needed to come after me or I'd get back everytime.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Lol, skler really does suck on time (oh noes!!):

I waz pleying at skrahs house and I Beat him and he was like EXTENDER!!!!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hay guyz ask skler what happened in our 3/5 mm when i had a controller that worked. eh?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Deva, Skler beat Azen and Cort at VLS

are they Link ********?

don't try and john the match-ups from the FEW videos you've seen

You haven't seen Skler in tourney so you really have no idea what you're talking about. That would be like me saying, Man the only reason Deva looks AMAZING is because noone knows how to play Link, i should know i watched his combo video.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Kevin stop owning ppl

I would think EC players would know more about playing link cuz we play skler, rather then playing all them ****ty WC links LMAOOO

Top Bottom