• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler really isn't that good.

th0rn

Smash Lord
"My friends and I can beat jeffrey's link, and my little sister's link... we know how to play links"

Aesir

Smash Master
I'm pretty good vs link I'd say it's one of my best match ups? maybe skler usually beats me.

Lets not get into link dittos he's like the m2k of link dittos.

Deva

Smash Lord
EAST COAST IS ********?! p.s. Maine vs Norcal LOLOL
Rofl, Maybe that too, jk. Mainly Just the part about Link.

p.s. Pretty sure Eggz said Washington beat Norcal too so ggz.

KevinM said:
Deva, Skler beat Azen and Cort at VLS

are they Link ********?

don't try and john the match-ups from the FEW videos you've seen

You haven't seen Skler in tourney so you really have no idea what you're talking about. That would be like me saying, Man the only reason Deva looks AMAZING is because noone knows how to play Link, i should know i watched his combo video.
How often has Azen done Link dittos competetively? Pretty sure Skler's had some good practice with Aesir Prior to his match with Azen. Also, how often had Cort played a good Link in tourney before Skler. Unless you can show me otherwise, that pretty much means they're Link retarted in those matchups. Lol, also, match vids are a bit different than combo vids. You can watch them enough and get a relative idea of what each player is planning and what counter approaches each player has for their options. It wasn't surprising when I saw Skler's opponent's falling for setups that usually don't work cuz I knew Skler was the first good Link they'd probably played. Now also note that Skler isn't just good. He's flat out godly, so unless his opponent's really know their matchup against Link, Skler should win. It's also why Germ switched to Falco and I have trouble getting into the top 5 on the Washington PR since I played them enough now where they know how to exploit Link's weaknesses that make him limited enough to be considered low tier.

Skler

Smash Master
The players I play with at tournaments are not Link ********. I've been playing against them for well over a year, they know their Link matchup better than most. It's insulting to say that the I do good because the players I play with are bad against Link. The EC has had plenty of good Links. Kubuu, SS4 ricky, Azen, 4eyez, masa, NJz finest, those are just some of the Links that have been in the EC before me (although some of them switched, they all played Link in tournies for at least a while). I have a much harder time listing WC Links.

I place better in large tournaments than I do in local tournaments, how else can anybody explain VLS and Pound 3 (Maybe I just got lucky both times)? This is because OOSers, including the WC players who come to these tournies, have no idea how to play Link. In local tournies I'll usually get somewhere in the top 10 because I tend to get beaten by somebody like PC, Cort, Darc, Dazwa, Thorn, Hayato or Banks. These players play against me all the time (at least once a month), they know their Link matchup better than most.

I place better at large tournies (% wise, not actual placement wise) because there is less Link experience there. This leads me to believe other regions actually know less about Link than New England, either that or NE is just too good.

/regiondefence

Really though, why the hate on the EC? I could say the same thing about the WC being Link ********.

@Hoogle- Lol too good, I'll get you next time.

Deva

Smash Lord
The players I play with at tournaments are not Link ********. I've been playing against them for well over a year, they know their Link matchup better than most. It's insulting to say that the I do good because the players I play with are bad against Link. The EC has had plenty of good Links. Kubuu, SS4 ricky, Azen, 4eyez, masa, NJz finest, those are just some of the Links that have been in the EC before me (although some of them switched, they all played Link in tournies for at least a while). I have a much harder time listing WC Links.

I place better in large tournaments than I do in local tournaments, how else can anybody explain VLS and Pound 3 (Maybe I just got lucky both times)? This is because OOSers, including the WC players who come to these tournies, have no idea how to play Link. In local tournies I'll usually get somewhere in the top 10 because I tend to get beaten by somebody like PC, Cort, Darc, Dazwa, Thorn, Hayato or Banks. These players play against me all the time (at least once a month), they know their Link matchup better than most.

I place better at large tournies (% wise, not actual placement wise) because there is less Link experience there. This leads me to believe other regions actually know less about Link than New England, either that or NE is just too good.

/regiondefence

Really though, why the hate on the EC? I could say the same thing about the WC being Link ********.

@Hoogle- Lol too good, I'll get you next time.
Cool, thank's for clearing that up. I wan't sure how often you actually played with them. That makes a lot more sense too. You lose to the good players who you play often and place about top ten. That sounds about right. LOl, this also leads me to believe that midwest is the source of all the problems. They are the reason why good Link's place better at major tourneys, jk. Maybe it wasn't EC or WC being Link retarted. Perhaps it was a mix of The OOSers, mainly midwest, and the players from EC and WC that don't get much Link practice since there are a lot of good players who don't play against Link very often. I suspected East coast had a problem only because you're the only Pro Link that actually uses Link consistantly in tournaments there. As far as my knowledge goes, Most of the other guys you mentioned haven't used Link in years so you would be the only one. Also, I haven't seen very many matches of you against good players aside from PC and I'm sure he was just sandbagging which would explain why he was falling for stuff he shouldn't have. Any ways, no offense Skler. I just saw the title of the thread and was trying to explain why good Links tend to do better than usual at major tourneys than it seems they would based on local tourneys and other random matches. No offense to East Coast either, it was just my original assumption Since You are the only consistant Pro Link Main over there. Your post cleared that up though. It's just a mix from all sides of Players who don't have a lot of Link practice mixed with good link players who along with beating the players who don't know the Link matchup, can take matches from the good players that do, enough to give them higher than normal placings (percent wise) compared to their usual performance. Sound good?

Also, I heard there may be another FC happening this Summer. You should try to go. Idk, maybe we can do a battle for the title of Blue Link or something lol.

Skler

Smash Master
I plan on going to any big melee tourny there is, assuming it isn't too expensive for me to reach it.

I'm down with a competition for blue Link in both Brawl and Melee. Not 64 though, my 64 Link is garbage.

4Eyez

Smash Cadet
The BX! The place where hardcore is beautiful
Skler is too good.

I really wished I could of went to Pound 3 so we could of had the best recorded link dittos EVER!

If I was able to travel more I would go to out of state tourneys and stuff but my parents suck when it comes to that lol

Hopefully FC can happen, i'll love to go and play other Link players....since like the only Link in NYC besides me now is PC lol

Chip.

you know what to do
I plan on going to any big melee tourny there is, assuming it isn't too expensive for me to reach it.

I'm down with a competition for blue Link in both Brawl and Melee. Not 64 though, my 64 Link is garbage.
Alright, I'll make you a deal. If possible, let's try to find a tourney somewhere that's accessible to both of us. That pretty much just leaves midwest which leaves FC if it ever happens. Regardless, If a Tournament we find costs a bit too much to travel to, I'll see if I can cover whatever you're missing for the flight. It'd be easier than me flying too far since I have to take Chip and paying for him would be double so It'd be cheaper If I just paid for you or at least part of the ticket. Hopefully something comes up.

-Deva on Chip's account

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Who the **** is Skler?
I've never seen nor played him nor lost to him.
He really must suck in that case.

<3

Skler

Smash Master
Sklering isn't on google video anymore? I'll have to get Pine to put it back up, seeing as it's an invaluable technique for all Link players.

Nuro, no thanks on the 64 mm.

Deva, thanks a lot, I'll try to go to the next FC. I hear it's happening from a reliable source (shoutout threads are reliable, right?).

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I remember the first time Skler Skler'd me.

I lost immediately. I'm probably Link ********.

Doodle2000

Smash Cadet
Good news guys, I found the sklering video.

Sklering!
This video helped me to automaticly edgecancel to bomb, and Skler is just a Good Link player in my opinion. If people think he sucks should look at my link instead...

Keep your Link up Skler!

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
"hello my name is hoggle and I like naruto and I'm a huge f4ggot because skler beat me at yugioh and a ninja battle cosplay while jerking off to hentai please help"

NOTE: I used better grammar when quoting him last night.

Not that I'm defending skler either, I think they're both f4ggots for caring about stupid reputation.

Banks

Smash Hero
Deva, i'm gonna have eggz whoop your ***. you can't beat skler!

edit - aurashade who the hell

HiIH

Smash Lord
Aurashade, how could you think that this board doesn't need our kind?

Are you styoopid?!

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Deva, i'm gonna have eggz whoop your ***. you can't beat skler!

edit - aurashade who the hell
Pretty sure Shane ***** everyone, plus I'm too much of a ninja master noodle chef that shane would never try that hard against me. He's too cool.

-Deva on Ash's account

Top Bottom