• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Nono. I think I said it was very hard to do out of hings with little shield stun. Like I suggested that you could do it against Falco's Jab, but it wouldn't be a very good idea because you'd just jump into his rapid A.
Falco should NEVER use his rapid A against Lucario, you can di it up and towards falco and d-air him easily, even if he only just starts doing the rapid jab.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Some use it as a mixup so that they can condition you to not spotdodge their grab or things like that in the future, but yes, falco shouldn't do the full jab combo much.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Got the matches with me and Bleachigo. Must say I got ***** in the set, though. Took him to game 3 xD. But it will be up a bit later today, or early tomorrow.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
The shortest spinny hit? Are you sure? I thought there were four hits. I could've sworn there's enough time to SDI up and dair within 2-3 hits...
Well now that you mention it. I never tested it with SDI on the first jab...I mean you'd need godlike reflexes.

I know its relatively safe though, in the Falco Backroom a loooong time ago we tested who can win off the advantage which was -X on Falco. Very few attacks come out that fast and can reach Falco from that distance.

-X = lolz I ain't saying ;)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well now that you mention it. I never tested it with SDI on the first jab...I mean you'd need godlike reflexes.

I know its relatively safe though, in the Falco Backroom a loooong time ago we tested who can win off the advantage which was -X on Falco. Very few attacks come out that fast and can reach Falco from that distance.

-X = lolz I ain't saying ;)
Dair is 4 frames. Is that enough?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Dair is 4 frames. Is that enough?
The advantage is -3 so no.

I think Marth, MK, and ZSS (She can dodge/get around a jab with her Uair, its odd) are the only ones that we can't spam the jab combo on.

Edit: Yeah, RJ uses Luigi on me all the time. How could I forget.
I feel dumb, I'm going to test it a bit now :(

iRJi

Smash Champion
O.K. So I am home, but I am tired. I am going to start to try an upload these vids, and then im going to head to bed. should be up in the AM. And for the Jab combo, are you talking about the full aaa? because if you are you can SDI it and punish him before he finishes it. I am pretty sure the frame advantage might be wrong because I think it is greater then -3.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Huh, that's odd, because neither marth or ZSS have a frame 3 aerial (at least ZSS uair doesn't, it's a frame 4 move). I'm sure it has to do with aerial mobility or something like that as well.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well I got back from my tournament. I didn't get to get videos though since my recording equipment wasn't working when I tested it in my room.

I did get to play Arty in a $5 MM. I got him to his last stock on Battlefield, and screwed up on frigate getting 3 stocked, I played really bad on Frigate.

It was well worth it, he gave me some pointers on the MU, again mentioning how Triangle Jumping>Dair. Also that Lucario should always finish his Jab combo against him, it's not worth it when he has a 2 frame jab. I was trying to AA>Grab and wasn't working since he was mashing the A button knowing it wouldn't work.

He defiantly knew the match-up from the info he told me. While I am a sub-par Lucario I have to say from my experience today and the info already listed I'm standing by my ratio of 50:50.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
So we dont have any move to combat it. Would it be pratical to stay above marth on stages like battlefiels, if you didn't ban it.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
When you d-air Falco's repeated jab, you actually escape its hitbox with SDI, and stall out above him when you d-air, so as long as we can di up there and d-air before his jab ends, it would be possible to hit him, Im not positive that it works on the shortest duration, but any cycle thereafter is certainly vulnerable.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Even if it IS escapable, you would have to have seen it coming to SDI up enough to escape and dair.
If you didn't, Its impossible. you have to start DI'ing from Jab 1.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Phil is right, in both posts, about the jab string, except Lucario can do a dair only if he SDI's Up and toward from Jab 1. I think RJ gets it on me in one of the videos.

But yeah Falco *****, I'm mad I didn't go to Kosha to do some winning. I really wanted to play some MD/VA!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I think we are about done with falco nothing has changed really since the last time we disscused him. Also the snake graphic needs to be updated.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Phil is right, in both posts, about the jab string, except Lucario can do a dair only if he SDI's Up and toward from Jab 1. I think RJ gets it on me in one of the videos.

But yeah Falco *****, I'm mad I didn't go to Kosha to do some winning. I really wanted to play some MD/VA!
Bleh. I told you to go >_>. I gave up in singles lolol. I was doing fine too, but I really didn't feel like playing anymore @_@

Edit: I am just waiting on videos before I tell people to give in the MU numbers. Should be up by tonight.

iRJi

Smash Champion
My vote is 55:45 Falco

Also, The vids are being uploaded as we speak. I must say, I did awful against him, and now after watching myself I know what I am doing wrong. Now, I am going to correct the problem. SOOOOO, when I see you on Friday Bleachigo, your going to lose =D.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
im just saying im not opposed to a split, since we seem to be split pretty well. i dont care either way, im fine with 45:55, though i dont necessarily agree with it :x

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay so here are the votes:

4 for 55:45 Falco
4 for 50:50

I didn't count Aurasmash's vote since he put either. Is he the deciding vote?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I still think its 55:45 Lucario's favor. Just think we need to get out of our bad habits, Powershield more, learn to outprioritize his stuff, learn our frame advantages, etc.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
From the discussion and only the discussion.

its 45-55 falcos favor, [I may not agree COMPLETELY with it though]

but... we really didn't discuss what we were supposed to do in the match-up... <<

also can someone explain to me what triangle jumping is? ._.

I only know of the MvC and Iamp/SWR variants.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Actually, FWK has a point. We need to talk more about what Lucario should do to win.
I think you need to use jab/grab/utilt/DA to punish and set up for an opening at low percent. space him correctly when he feels like jabbing or grabbing, make sure you space fair and nair as well, you win in the air and when properly spaced.
Then there's phantasm to worry about T_T

Top Bottom