• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Aaah, the Lucario boards. Distracted as ever, I see?

So...what's happening in the now in here? Seriously, not much has happened since I left, haha. It's sorta sad and pathetic, actually... :( Are you guys supposed to be discussing Peach?

P.S. What up TIMBUHZZ!!(That's Timbers in code language, lol)

iRJi

Smash Champion
Aaah, the Lucario boards. Distracted as ever, I see?

So...what's happening in the now in here? Seriously, not much has happened since I left, haha. It's sorta sad and pathetic, actually... :( Are you guys supposed to be discussing Peach?

P.S. What up TIMBUHZZ!!(That's Timbers in code language, lol)
Its not even that they are distracted, its that they are having the conversations in the wrong section. >_> Guys come on. General chat is what all of the above is for, Not the matchup discussion. Btw timbers, since no one is really picking the next character, Just change it to Luigi. Might as well get something done instead of having it freeze there.

Hmmm...well, I'm just throwing this out there. Not that I play Brawl too much anymore...anyway, my opinion for Lucario vs. Peach is...lol. That's not a very difficult match-up for Lucario. Peach just doesn't have any power, and even the zombie turn-up lost almost all its knock-back. Lucario wins this. 60:40 is fine. MOVING ON TO THE NEXT CHARACTER!!

Timbers

check me out
Its not even that they are distracted, its that they are having the conversations in the wrong section. >_> Guys come on. General chat is what all of the above is for, Not the matchup discussion. Btw timbers, since no one is really picking the next character, Just change it to Luigi. Might as well get something done instead of having it freeze there.
Phil already said that he'd pick up the thread so I'm really just waiting on him lol.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Phil is a bit busy at the moment. it will take a bit before the matchup thread is taken up

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm contacting a mod to switch it to me, :D
For those who haven't seen, read the brainstorm thread.

Edit: I need a super mod to switch me, but are hardly ever here why don't they stalk smashboards more often >:(

Hylian, I've got a bat signal, does that help?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
phi1ny3 is the graph editing have source files?

Finally luigi after playing biglou and some other luigi here and there I already know that Luigi is a pain in the ***. First of all lucario is safe as long as he doesn't get into jab range EVER. Lucario can easily combo him and shiroken(however you spell it). Not saying the match up is extreme ,but it does require a patience lucario game because the green wonder will do anything in his power to try to get you to approach. But luigi does have approaches of his own so must always be on guard.

iRJi

Smash Champion
phi1ny3 is the graph editing have source files?

Finally luigi after playing biglou and some other luigi here and there I already know that Luigi is a pain in the ***. First of all lucario is safe as long as he doesn't get into jab range EVER. Lucario can easily combo him and shiroken(however you spell it). Not saying the match up is extreme ,but it does require a patience lucario game because the green wonder will do anything in his power to try to get you to approach. But luigi does have approaches of his own so must always be on guard.
I would like to clarify that Jab > UpB is not a combo. I will talk about this a bit later though. Luigi is my 2nd, and I know him to the T. So on my part I can tell you from me playing with him. Anyway, I might start to blog more just to vent. I will decide that, then I will come back and talk about this matchup.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I can try and do it if I can get my hands on the source files. iRJi well I think we should discuss the jab>upb for luigi. Does it have to do with DI or some other force we should know about?

iRJi

Smash Champion
I will explain shortly, I have a lot going on right now, so for like 2 weeks I might be a bit pissy. Just a heads up though. It is DI dependent for most characters though.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I can do editing of all images being that i'm so pro at photoshop + has CS4 :3

and Hichez Jab-> UpB can be SDI'd out of but if you can't SDI it the match-up gets a loooooooot harder mentally because you can't let Luigi get close. Ever.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I always thought Luca had the advantage at 55-45. Its not that hard to SDI that jab to upB. (but it can be a pain in the *** if your fingers arent quick to the C-stick)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I would say that the match-up isn't bad but it is annoying *** to win. If luigi is the only to initially get you into the air then you are in for some trouble because luigi can combo like crazy.

Storm39

Smash Rookie
I'm going to have to agree with Aurasmash's 55:45 on this one. Luigi can be pretty annoying, but Lucario has the advantage in range and I'm pretty sure that he has superior priority.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
umm luigi has some of the fastest aeirals. Seriously in the air you have to space everything just right because if you get hit its like a vacuum.

really the only thing i can say about Wiigii-cario MU is, our range is overall better maybe priority too, id say wiigiis kill moves are on par with ours, his F-smash is crazy good if your not careful, and i mean ok he has FJP but thats easily avoided, id say 55:45, or 6:4

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I agree. Many of his aerials are pertty good, space well against uair, almost always expect two aerials per jump (usually nair as the second), and punish his recovery, his options are good in distance but really punishable.
his utilt is great for setups, and remember, he has crap-for-oos options since almost every attack pushes him away from you when he shields it, plus even if he PS's, his options are still meh.
His jab options are really good, I'd say all of them are somewhat viable at high level of play, but learning to play against them is key to avoiding.
Also, obviously his dthrow is good, but it will be hard to land the grab in the first place because of his lol shield sliding making shield grabbing a really hard option.
I'd have to look at stage options in this mu, but I'd say either 60:40 or 55:45. A still really tough and really good matchup, but lucario's definitely got this.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Sup guys, the Peaches return.

I got to play Stauffy a bit at Genesis, probably the fifth lucario I've gotten to play now (Xefnir a lot, then phi1ny3, Kurohito, Samuelson, and Stauffy). I still feel strongly in the 55-45 to 60-40 range, probably leaning towards 55.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I lurve taking advantage of Luigi's terrible traction. its really fun to Fair his shield without much retaliation.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
*hands up, palms open* whatever bear.why do you always have to pick a fight I dont even know you rofl I dont like fighting.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Sup guys, the Peaches return.

I got to play Stauffy a bit at Genesis, probably the fifth lucario I've gotten to play now (Xefnir a lot, then phi1ny3, Kurohito, Samuelson, and Stauffy). I still feel strongly in the 55-45 to 60-40 range, probably leaning towards 55.
Now I just really want to challenge you again :p

btw, we've moved onto Luigi, Timbers doesn't come, and I have yet to get a mod to give me this thread (I might actually just go on and replace this one, but I really want to keep the old posts in lol).

HammerBro123

Smash Cadet
i didnt think that lucario would have a advantage over diddy cause usally lucario gets ***** by the banannas also when lucario trys to recover wich all of the characters can do he gets *****

hough123

Smash Ace
i didnt think that lucario would have a advantage over diddy cause usally lucario gets ***** by the banannas also when lucario trys to recover wich all of the characters can do he gets *****
If this is a remark about Lucario's recovery sucking, *uber facepalm*

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman

Get out. Just get out. You don't even main either character and you're an obvious scrub. Don't waste posts in this forum, kthx.

Storm39

Smash Rookie
If this is a remark about Lucario's recovery sucking, *uber facepalm*
^This.

Lucario is way floatier than most characters, has a ridiculously large ledge snap range, has an up special that can be curved in almost any direction, and has what is arguably the best wall-clinging ability in the game. Hammerbro, would you mind telling us how his recovery could even be considered to be below average?

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Really the only down side to Lucario's recovery is the fact that it doesn't deal damage. Other than that Lucario's recovery tactics are amazing.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'd say it's certainly gimpable, but it's not much better in terms of overall successful gimpability compared to other "average" recoveries like marth or such, it's pretty average.
Also, by that criteria, Diddy ***** "anything". Lucario actually does pretty well, we have pretty nice options to keep attempts away more easily than other characters, and "pseudo dribbling" for lucario is actually doable and decent (even though the options for it are meh). Having the ability to change up to a good air game or ground game when the other isn't working is something very helpful for lucario, and that's why it's a slight edge (55:45 honestly is really close).
Plus the matchup is EXTREMELY stage dependent, meaning it's slightly unfavorable for diddy whereas lucario will do okay on overall stage pick.
Back to Weegee plz.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
my face went -_- after seeing this. I doubt he has even played a good lucario. umm weegee.... i got nothing. :o

Top Bottom