• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Timbers

check me out
Looks like Lee isnt gone for good after all..... .
if i still had mod powers i would infract you for humoring him

its kinda obvious I'm stupid sick of brawl and have been for a while. I'll keep running this thread but if anyone wants to take over (you'll have to ask a supermod for details, or I'll ask Xsy cause hes my e-***** <3 much homo) then please let me know.

In the meantime make up your minds whether you want Snake or another character.

iRJi

Smash Champion
if i still had mod powers i would infract you for humoring him

its kinda obvious I'm stupid sick of brawl and have been for a while. I'll keep running this thread but if anyone wants to take over (you'll have to ask a supermod for details, or I'll ask Xsy cause hes my e-***** <3 much homo) then please let me know.

In the meantime make up your minds whether you want Snake or another character.
Bleh,
We will keep it going. We do have to still clean up the place. Btw, give this thread to Phil if you decide to take a break for a while. I would do it, but you already know that i'm going to be managing other things that are going to be happening around here. I will find the snake thread and bring it back up for anyone who wants to talk about Snake.

Next vote should be Luigi, yes?

TKD

Smash Lord
Another very active member can make a new thread. Just ask for this thread to be locked, and copy+paste the contents on the first post of this thread. The new thread can have a link to this one for reference. If that's quicker than reassigning ownership of the thread, I suggest you do so.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Another very active member can make a new thread. Just ask for this thread to be locked, and copy+paste the contents on the first post of this thread. The new thread can have a link to this one for reference. If that's quicker than reassigning ownership of the thread, I suggest you do so.
No need actually. Timbers will pass it to someone when he sees it. Also, if you just C/P from a quote, everything from the original first post will be shown including the coding. But that will be only if we need to do it. Timbers will most likely pass it though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well since we passed the Peach match-up, I'll stop with that, **** real life getting in the way.

I'd be willing to take over, but I'm already helping the Link boards with theirs since the whole Mod/AiB incident.

I agree with RJ on Snake. Even after I lost to a couple of Snakes at a tournament recently, it wasn't even remotely as hard as people were making it out to be.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Well since we passed the Peach match-up, I'll stop with that, **** real life getting in the way.

I'd be willing to take over, but I'm already helping the Link boards with theirs since the whole Mod/AiB incident.

I agree with RJ on Snake. Even after I lost to a couple of Snakes at a tournament recently, it wasn't even remotely as hard as people were making it out to be.
TY for the offer, but if anyone is going to take over the thread, it will be Phil first. I would be next in line if anything. As for snake, i will bring up the next export, but by popular demand everyone wants to move on. Lets do Luigi next.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
TY for the offer, but if anyone is going to take over the thread, it will be Phil first. I would be next in line if anything. As for snake, i will bring up the next export, but by popular demand everyone wants to move on. Lets do Luigi next.
Understandable.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
*sigh* how come we never stick to a matchup thread.. all the people running it leave, Jeepy, Kita, (i think he's still on the Sonic boards as Kinzer though) and now timbers....

iRJi

Smash Champion
*sigh* how come we never stick to a matchup thread.. all the people running it leave, Jeepy, Kita, (i think he's still on the Sonic boards as Kinzer though) and now timbers....
No one is leaving it lol. It is just changing owners. Timbers is going to get a mod give it to someone. No progress will be lost.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
IDK how to say this. But I decided to not drop Lucario for good. I don't think I have a dedicated main these days. Just a large combination of Marth, Lucario, Wario, and some Toon Link.

ALSO for those ever wondering. I'm not a furry. LOL <3 you guys though. Especially you, Trela. your dedicated and your Luc is top notch. ;)
Yaaaaaaay Lee!!! :)

and to all the people two pages ago listing Peach:Lucario as 50:50, you are idiots.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
lmao peach vs lucario is not 50:50. idk who said that. i think it's 60-40 or 65-35 im leaning a lot more towards 65-35 though. lucarios aerials destroy peach. peach can't kill easy so it makes lucario super strong for no reason. peach has bad range compared to lucario. idk. kosmos agrees with me too.

iRJi

Smash Champion
lmao peach vs lucario is not 50:50. idk who said that. i think it's 60-40 or 65-35 im leaning a lot more towards 65-35 though. lucarios aerials destroy peach. peach can't kill easy so it makes lucario super strong for no reason. peach has bad range compared to lucario. idk. kosmos agrees with me too.
Yea, we already went over that is not a 50:50. Peach gets shut down.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's certainly not 50:50, as said by people who know this more than I do.
Also, I'm feeling "Chess fever" again, so I might (emphasis on might lol) not come on these boards as often as I used to (I would do another video game, but I'm just too broke lol, although I like Blazblue from what I've played at the occasional friend's house).
lol we should rename this as the "matchup/confessions thread".

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
I don't really mind this match-up. I do not think its 50-50, watch out for d-air shenanigans and her up smash. F-tilt seems to do well against there shield. use the fact that its hard for her to kill to your advantage. Turnips are also quite troublesome, some Peaches will try to camp when they are in trouble. Just camp back with your aura spheres and you should be fine. Not really much to this match-up, try your best to keep them out of the air to avoid the d-air and establish control of the stage and you should be fine. I still dont know where to bring a peach stage wise though.

oops, I didnt really look at what I posted
I think its 60-40

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'd say 60:40 is good, fun, but for me at least, different from most fights. Also doesn't help that we have a plethora of stages to CP that are all pretty good.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
It's certainly not 50:50, as said by people who know this more than I do.
Also, I'm feeling "Chess fever" again, so I might (emphasis on might lol) not come on these boards as often as I used to (I would do another video game, but I'm just too broke lol, although I like Blazblue from what I've played at the occasional friend's house).
lol we should rename this as the "matchup/confessions thread".
Chess Is awesome. period. rofl, I myself might not come here as often either, (Highschool, The Conduit, Mario kart Wii XD Galaxy.. so much stuff to do...) Im'a still help though, and Brawl probably will always be on the top 5 CD's i keep piled in my room. (Aside from Melee :p )

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I believe it to be 60:40, I've got quite a bit of experience in it :) (just ask Phi1ny3, XD)

Though I'd really like to play you at Genesis, Lee, as you're likely on another level from my usual playmates and you've got that Kos-Mos practice. :)

Timbers

check me out
No need actually. Timbers will pass it to someone when he sees it. Also, if you just C/P from a quote, everything from the original first post will be shown including the coding. But that will be only if we need to do it. Timbers will most likely pass it though.
Passing is faster but requires more effort on my part. If anyone is interested in taking up the thread then send me a VM and I'll get you situated for creating your own thread.

I also have the .psd for the matchup chart if you feel you're competent enough with photoshop to edit it, if not then oh well.
Jeepy left because of school

Kita left because Kita

I'm leaving because dude have you seen Litchi she's such a boss character.

Also I dunno Brawl is pretty eh lol. A tournament for Brawl here had more support in a Blazblue side tourney than the actual Brawl tournament.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Passing is faster but requires more effort on my part. If anyone is interested in taking up the thread then send me a VM and I'll get you situated for creating your own thread.

I also have the .psd for the matchup chart if you feel you're competent enough with photoshop to edit it, if not then oh well.

Jeepy left because of school

Kita left because Kita

I'm leaving because dude have you seen Litchi she's such a boss character. Also I dunno Brawl is pretty eh lol. A tournament for Brawl here had more support in a Blazblue side tourney than the actual Brawl tournament.
Speak to Phil, Timbers.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
This matchup is obvious. I lol @ anyone saying this is even. This is an easy counter for Lucario, because if you are getting KO'd by a Peach before 150%, you are playing Lucario horribly wrong. Idk about you guys, but I find it easy to just punish Peach with a shield to reverse Utilt whenever she tries to float me. Generally, Peach is easy to toss around in this matchup and the only killing moves she has are Usmash, Fair, (when you're high enough) Nair and Dair, and gimping you. Gimping shouldn't ever reasonably happen unless there is a large gap of skill between you and the player, and with such little options, a lot of Peach players become predictable and easy to punish. If you can't beat up an average level Peach, you just suck horribly with Lucario.

If you know how to DI and punish, this match is just a test of how well you play Lucario. /matchup

By the way, we seriously need to go over some other matchups like DDD and DK imo, they are usually the biggest threats and easily counter Lucario. Some more coverage on tough matchups like Marth and Diddy would probably be best too. I don't think we should even bother with matchups like Luigi and Zelda until we handle the larger threats, because not only will you have a 95% chance to go against any given S or A tier character, but a good portion of them are what keep Lucario from having the best matchups. No one else counters him (except DK imo) that is outside of top tier, so the matchups are just intuitive. Focus on the cleaning up the **** that's thrown at us, not just completing for completion's sake. And Snake is easy unless the user is pro level, what the crap guys?

Edit: After reading for a single minute, someone who said Peach is even with Lucario was also approaching with Lucario. Fuh-****ing-ail.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
@The Bear 73

You make it sound like if you die agaisnt any before 150% you are playing lucario wrong. Technically if you die at all or take damage you are playing the charater wrong. A perfect player would technically never take any damage but we all know that near impossible. A fresh fair or bair or upsmash could easily kill lucario.

Also we dont need to go over the marth match up again the match up ratio hasn't changed and you can defeat marths just take more patince because you usally have to wait for them to apporach.

The peach match up is 60-40 or 55-45 lucario favor. 60-40 sounds right. But any thing greater than 60-40 would be making lucario sound better than he is though.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
@The Bear 73

You make it sound like if you die agaisnt any before 150% you are playing lucario wrong. Technically if you die at all or take damage you are playing the charater wrong. A perfect player would technically never take any damage but we all know that near impossible. A fresh fair or bair or upsmash could easily kill lucario.

Also we dont need to go over the marth match up again the match up ratio hasn't changed and you can defeat marths just take more patince because you usally have to wait for them to apporach.

The peach match up is 60-40 or 55-45 lucario favor. 60-40 sounds right. But any thing greater than 60-40 would be making lucario sound better than he is though.
73? lol, I don't care but about my fail name anymore, but that made me lol irl.

Anyway, yes, that's exactly what I said. Playing Lucario, in a basic sense, imo, is all about staying alive. Peach doesn't KO for crap unless you are above 150%, so unless you suck/you're playing Praxis, you probably suck at using Lucario, or at the very least, DI'ing and spacing. To this day, I can't think of a single Peach that managed to KO me in early percents. I'm not bragging or trying to say anything like "hey every lucario sucks but me", but j/s that even a guy who's pretty "meh" with Lucario like me doesn't have any trouble surviving vs. Peach, and I've played a good number of Peaches. And I didn't say anything about perfect players, what the crap. Knowing how to use Lucario, in my mind =/= perfect. I'm pretty sure I never said perfect or implied it.

And k. It was just something I would've preferred, since it seems like our matchup coverage is a little less than concise. Marth is a hard Lucario matchup no matter how it goes, even if the opponent is going aggro/punish (albeit less but still).

I'd say it's about 60-40, but very faintly possibly 65-35, though I'd say it's just 60.

iRJi

Smash Champion
This matchup is obvious. I lol @ anyone saying this is even. This is an easy counter for Lucario, because if you are getting KO'd by a Peach before 150%, you are playing Lucario horribly wrong. Idk about you guys, but I find it easy to just punish Peach with a shield to reverse Utilt whenever she tries to float me. Generally, Peach is easy to toss around in this matchup and the only killing moves she has are Usmash, Fair, (when you're high enough) Nair and Dair, and gimping you. Gimping shouldn't ever reasonably happen unless there is a large gap of skill between you and the player, and with such little options, a lot of Peach players become predictable and easy to punish. If you can't beat up an average level Peach, you just suck horribly with Lucario.

If you know how to DI and punish, this match is just a test of how well you play Lucario. /matchup

By the way, we seriously need to go over some other matchups like DDD and DK imo, they are usually the biggest threats and easily counter Lucario. Some more coverage on tough matchups like Marth and Diddy would probably be best too. I don't think we should even bother with matchups like Luigi and Zelda until we handle the larger threats, because not only will you have a 95% chance to go against any given S or A tier character, but a good portion of them are what keep Lucario from having the best matchups. No one else counters him (except DK imo) that is outside of top tier, so the matchups are just intuitive. Focus on the cleaning up the **** that's thrown at us, not just completing for completion's sake. And Snake is easy unless the user is pro level, what the crap guys?

Edit: After reading for a single minute, someone who said Peach is even with Lucario was also approaching with Lucario. Fuh-****ing-ail.
We have already discussed about this already, and we are going to. That has been decided a while ago. That is what the exports are for.

@The Bear 73

60:40 is actually the accurate number. if you think its less then its personal preference, but to say that we are making it sound better then it is, will be under estimating lucario's potential in the matchup. While I will not say its "100%" clear to everyone, peach really does have an issue with this matchup.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I approve of 60-40 or possibly 65-45.

Gimps CAN happen though. It's important to watch out for the turnips. Don't use your second jump in range of a turnip, because if it gets you, you could be in trouble. When recovering, use the 2nd jump either very early or very close to the edge.

Fair will eat turnips on stage, so that's good. Fair is pretty **** against Peach in general, since she's generally hanging out at just the right height for some fair combos.

I think I would advise Frigate Orpheon as a counterpick. It doesn't help Peach's already mediocre recovery, and it improves our own. If not that, then Final Destination would probably be a good spot. Lucario can make better use of it's length and flatness.

And Bear I would attempt to discourage you from saying "If _____ happens, ur doin it wrong", because of the vast potential of minddgames/variety/whatever they call it nowadays and also simple thoughtless mistakes made by either player. In smash, anything can happen.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I know my extremist/absolutist view of vs. Peach seems a little much, but this is just imo. You're hopeless if you lose to a Peach when you're at the same level of skill. And don't worry, I apply the same type of logic to myself. If I lose to a Luigi mainer who I don't honestly believe is good, I'll be ****ing scared at how bad I seem at this game. I try to hold others to the standard I would hold myself (albeit much looser when to others).

Btw, it's either 65-35 or 55-45, not 65-45 lol. And Frigate is a good idea, but a tad risky because of how float friendly the platforms can be. If you're tearing apart the Peach, I'd recommend it, but if the Peach knows his/her **** in air, then it's might work against you. Brinstar is deeper, anyway.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
i love praxis so much, idk why. Your so nice.
Well I think with that we can end this match-up discussion this has to be the best advice ever. This quote should go in the export. I think everyone agrees that lucario does have the advantage.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Sweet to see lots of work was done. About the match-up chart..I'm making a huge one with all the boards included in it. At least I plan to. For this to be completed I need match-ups to be discussed and finalized. So keep at it, keep me posted and good job thus far :O!

iRJi

Smash Champion
It is sad that u noticed this.

very sad :(
Its not really, since he rarely posts on here. It something most common posters will notice, and since you are not a common poster on the Lucario boards. Since you are not a common poster around here, Most of us wouldn't expect you to get the joke with it.

Top Bottom