• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

i think we beat out weegee in almost every area the only thing i think he could really challenge us on is air combat, and even then i think only a head to head (his fair v our fair, his beating ours), or if he was above us would it be a real challenge(his dair beating out our Uair maybe?), i think this is strongly a 6:4

Edit:
His nair is also viable quick, and it sends us upwards, but thats just a foot note on my part

*Justice Edit @ dids v luca post: >___> its not our favor its pretty much even with a little hint of our favor, we have options that give us an easier time verse dids

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Might just do a new thread, but I really want to keep this one. Hylian, Hylian, if u see this via namesearch, plz allow me to access this thread so that I can get it running again.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
hahahaha, another owner of the matchup thread.
now with more SCIENCE! (sorry for lack of Red lettering, im at work)
-t2

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Instead of the Amazing Lucario Mathchup Thread this should be the Scientific Lucario Matchup Thread. :)

I will give my 2 cents on Weegee later.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
His aerials come out faster than ours, I think he's also better at killing than we are. We have range, and a good air game which keeps this close.

I think its 55-45 Lucario.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol otay,
It's 8/2 because lucario's got a hadouken and kamekameha wave, luigi's only got a shoryuken.
jk.
We've kind of got a consensus of 55:45-60:40 lucario's favor. What say you about the MU or stages, since that hasn't been touched on enough?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i'm just so fxking hungry and drunk i can barely post but okies xD.

Don't worry I still highly remember from the last discussion though l found it pretty cool you guys were on point and detailed on it. As for Luigi, it's pretty straightforward match, Lucario (like every other opponent) has to space/camp like a mother****er, while Luigi works his mother****ing *** off, to get inside and do his thang and stuff.. Luigi and Lucario go pretty head to head in the air, but like Luigi is his where he excels at, but IMO don't go head to head in the air. You'll either eat or trade off aerials.

My advice for a Lucario is to keep it grounded game. Lucario has excellent movement obviously because of that gayastic you call "roll". Lucario's other tools should consistent spacing Fsmash like a beast, but l'd advise that for saving kills and ****. Um yeah so lazy to keep going.

Edit: ****, the more type, the more my stomach growls for food omg, ANYWAYS, l haven't found Lucario's AS threatening at all excel for gimping and like you know stage control what not and ****. Probably because I've ps'd so idk. And theres no real lucarios in NY.

my input would be lucario in flat stages for him to camp and space tha mother****ing **** out of luigi. And use his silly roll and stuff. Luigi excels in platforms, for combo game and avoid some camping at times. Pretty straightforward, oh and avoid low ceiling since most luigis atks are vertical yknow.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's probably 50:50. 70:30 if you're fighting Hippie because he's just garbage in general.

EDIT: I'm overestimating Hippie, 85:15.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
at least as a mario u can say " hay bish sure u outrange me and ****, so like my cape is the range of marth's fair and fludd whoops yo approach's ***** and you lag and our mother****ing fsmash outranges everything u throw" :( **** man and yet mario is lower than luigi in tier list LOL wtf. im so depressed

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Well believe it or not, I actually think that Weegee can out camp Lucario before he hits like 70%. O.o His fireballs clank with every aura sphere you throw, even fully charged ones. Weegee is gonna have to approach eventually though. If he comes in with a tornado, im pretty sure your dtilt will clank with it depending on your percent. Imo, its 55:45 Lucario or 50:50.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Well here goes my 2 cents worth:

Lucario outranges Luigi but Lucario's start up time for a majority of his moves takes forever. Both characters have good options to recover. Also Weegee's start up time for all his moves is fast compared to Lucario. 55:45 Lucario.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
i want that tested, srsly :ohwell: i highly doubt that weegee could out camp us, and honestly who would be sitting around taking 70%? either way im saying 6:4, whatever weegee has we can out do for the most part minus some aerials
luigi cany out camp lucario but if lucario approaches on the ground hes doomed and will get comboed. He has better change in the air since he has better range but like someone said previouly lugi has the speed. He can do three fairs in one short hop. Thats just fast.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Here's the overview:

Lucario's Ground Game < Luigi's Ground Game
Lucario's Air Game > Luigi's Air Game
Lucario's Air Game > Luigi's Ground Game

We Win!

luigi cany out camp lucario but if lucario approaches on the ground hes doomed and will get comboed. He has better change in the air since he has better range but like someone said previouly lugi has the speed. He can do three fairs in one short hop. Thats just fast.
its that can or cant? sorry being a little picky about the typo,

anyway, im not arguing about luigis airspeed, its really fast, but speed doesnt beat range im just wondering, with the right spacing, we would still beat? other than that i think the only thing we have in the air is Dair, and maybe Uair verse him.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
@ HK Donut of the Blue Fire
its cant

It doesn't matter. Luigi doesn't have any bad stages. I would chose a stage where its easy to punish an misfire or its easy to get a gimp or edge hog. I would chose the usually stages ,Yoshi island and frigate opheon. Depending on where you live you might want to choose pictochat. The high boundaries might save you from an early kill. As for banning you might want to know how the luigi plays because he has no super bad stage. Maybe Battlefield since it helps is ground to air combos. But that's risky depending on how you play lucario.

Browny

Smash Hater
Well believe it or not, I actually think that Weegee can out camp Lucario before he hits like 70%. O.o His fireballs clank with every aura sphere you throw, even fully charged ones. Weegee is gonna have to approach eventually though. If he comes in with a tornado, im pretty sure your dtilt will clank with it depending on your percent. Imo, its 55:45 Lucario or 50:50.
How about the megasphere? :p

I thought that full charge AS rips right through Luigi's fireballs before 70% though >_>

also,
Luigis airspeed is horrible. his attacks may be fast, but he moves slow. The combination of range AND speed is what makes aerials deadly, like marths fair and MK uair. Lucarios bair/uair/dair can do a decent job of beating luigis aerials, even if they are slower.

Try to 'brickwall' and camp in this matchup. Also shielding is very good... if you see his nair coming dont just sit there and take it, along with the combo that follows. You have a good roll dodge, dont be afraid to use it often to avoid this approach.

From Lucarios point of view, understand Luigis options when it comes to recovering and getting up from the ledge, he has quite a deal of trouble. after 100% his get-up attack is really bad and leaves him with very few options that can avoid an fsmash or full charge aura sphere. Pressure him as much as you can offstage with aura spheres and bair which will beat anything he throws out.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Luigi's airspeed is almost as Bad as D3's. We're floatier AND faster in the air. but his aerials do come out faster, And No our ground game isnt worse than Luigi's. above 60% him being faster wont matter much if you space properly and tear through his moves like a saw. His recovery is larger than luca's but a bit predictable. 55/45 lucario.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
This sentence is confusing. do you mean below 20% or above 20%? if you mean above then hoo boy your wrong beyond you head. If below ya your right. but then 20% is reached really fast and fireball no longer saves weegee.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
yea my bad. >.> I overestimated the priority on Luigi's fireball. It doesn't clank with a fully charged aura sphere unless Lucario's at 38% or lower. Any higher and it will go right through his fireball.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
yea my bad. >.> I overestimated the priority on Luigi's fireball. It doesn't clank with a fully charged aura sphere unless Lucario's at 38% or lower. Any higher and it will go right through his fireball.
This fight be random but who's fireball is stronger, Mario or Luigi?

Are we almost done with Luigi also?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
We haven't really gone over specifics, save from a few posters, I'd like approach/zoning/tactical info, from one side of the MU or the other.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Damage-wise, Luigi's fireball does 6% while im pretty sure Mario's fireball does 5% Im not sure about their priority though.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
We haven't really gone over specifics, save from a few posters, I'd like approach/zoning/tactical info, from one side of the MU or the other.
Ok after we are done with Luigi may we PLEASE discuss Sheik. I don't know why but I can beat my friend when he chooses anyone other than Sheik. As soon as he chooses Sheik it is like an instant 2 stock. :psycho:

approaching from the air may not be the best idea since his aerials are somewhat better, but i played a few practice matches (against CPUs, i DARE you to flame me >_>) and while his fair is faster, if we space right our fair can hit him (that can be tested, may have been timing issues). as for the ground maybe charge up AS throw it then kinda rush (not literally) in and bite at him with tilts, and our A-combo, maybe a smash move for punisments, thats what i would think

Top Bottom