• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Xefnir doesn't really post on forums much. I come on the Lucario boards once in a while and try to find stuff for him to use. xD

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Its a 60:40 Lucario.
No its 55:45 lucario favor. Unless you are super similar with weird game play style there might be a couple of tricks that you haven't seen. Also Peach is not commonly played and usually when played at a tournament level they are pretty good.

iRJi

Smash Champion
No its 55:45 lucario favor. Unless you are super similar with weird game play style there might be a couple of tricks that you haven't seen. Also Peach is not commonly played and usually when played at a tournament level they are pretty good.
I am, actually.

Also, mindgame's shouldn't play an effective roll on what shuts down Peaches game, simply because if you get catch by the gimmick, that's human error. Its a mindgame because it's not a legit combo that makes something lead into it, its a thought process and/or a combination of moves that makes you fake out your opponent into doing something that they shouldn't do. By what shuts down Peaches game its a 60:40 in Lucario's favor. If you are not familiar with her tricks, that is what will make it a closer match then a 60:40.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I am, actually.

Also, mindgame's shouldn't play an effective roll on what shuts down Peaches game, simply because if you get catch by the gimmick, that's human error. Its a mindgame because it's not a legit combo that makes something lead into it, its a thought process and/or a combination of moves that makes you fake out your opponent into doing something that they shouldn't do. By what shuts down Peaches game its a 60:40 in Lucario's favor. If you are not familiar with her tricks, that is what will make it a closer match then a 60:40.
I understand what your saying but I just thinking that peach is a bit more versatile. She has more general killing moves. Then some peach players purposely use some of them for damage and use the rest to kill. Peach has a lot more general options. Although like you said mind games shouldn't come in to play. Also peach is pretty fat apparently. Lucarios have to use a bit more effort in to killing peach.

Timbers

check me out
Maybe I overrated Lucario's kill power, but he definitely has more than Peach does, easily. And since this is Lucario we're talking about, her lack of killing power is an even bigger flaw here.
Lack of killmoves is pretty irrelevant if that character can control the stage well. Falco, Diddy, Marth, etc. You can live to your cap easily but it's an irrelevant matter when their stage control is superior.

Browny

Smash Hater
what?

this is lucario vs peach who cares about the rest. lack of kill moves when you are against lucario who has the advantage in stage control and speed is always going to hurt you

hough123

Smash Ace
Imma going to say 55:45 lucario's favor at least.
Have we discussed stages?
I have ;D

(From Peach's stage thread.)
:lucario:Lucario
Counterpick: Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise
Ban: Luigi's Mansion, Frigate Orpheon, Pictochat, Yoshi's Island, Final Destination
Green Greens is Banned IIRC, so they like rainbow cruise I guess.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol Green Greens isn't banned where I'm from (yet they ban Halberd and Luigi's Mansion, and list YI as a CP).
With how many stages are on that list, I'm almost warranting 60:40 if they really do bad on all those stages.
Also, I thought peaches did horribly on RC because of their second jump forcing them to move certain ways or use parasol.

hough123

Smash Ace
lol Green Greens isn't banned where I'm from (yet they ban Halberd and Luigi's Mansion, and list YI as a CP).
With how many stages are on that list, I'm almost warranting 60:40 if they really do bad on all those stages.
Also, I thought peaches did horribly on RC because of their second jump forcing them to move certain ways or use parasol.
YI (Brawl)? O.O
Your area is pathetic if they ban Halberd =\

Also, this may be old, but it seems accurate.

TKD

Smash Lord
Me!

Oh yay, Wolf match-up!

Blaster's OK at interrupting Lucario, but Aura Sphere goes through it, and trading hits is bad for Wolf if the Aura Sphere is charged. This match-up calls for baiting and poking each other as the main game plan. Both characters have a bit of trouble KO'ing. The Wolf player has only a few KO methods, and although the Lucario player has numerous KO moves, both characters need to be at high percentage for them to work.

At the moment, I think Lucario vs Wolf is 5/5.

hough123

Smash Ace
Me!

Oh yay, Wolf match-up!

Blaster's OK at interrupting Lucario, but Aura Sphere goes through it, and trading hits is bad for Wolf if the Aura Sphere is charged. This match-up calls for baiting and poking each other as the main game plan. Both characters have a bit of trouble KO'ing. The Wolf player has only a few KO methods, and although the Lucario player has numerous KO moves, both characters need to be at high percentage for them to work.

At the moment, I think Lucario vs Wolf is 5/5.
You're a bit late, but it still helps =D

I think that we need to redo Snake, Olimar, and update Marth and MK soon. Our info if either severely outdated, or is absolutely no help at all. Snakes call the match-up even, yet we say that they have a 60:40 on us. I know we havn't finished this yet, but Lucario won't rise if he doesn't have updated info on the top tiers.

So yeah, I vote for Snack =3

iRJi

Smash Champion
You're a bit late, but it still helps =D

I think that we need to redo Snake, Olimar, and update Marth and MK soon. Our info if either severely outdated, or is absolutely no help at all. Snakes call the match-up even, yet we say that they have a 60:40 on us. I know we havn't finished this yet, but Lucario won't rise if he doesn't have updated info on the top tiers.

So yeah, I vote for Snack =3
Actually, Marth, Olimar, and MK are up to date, So there is no need to redo them.Snake is the only one I see that is a bit out of date, since camping against Lucario really and truely does not work. In my honest opinion of you get camped by a Snake, you are doing something wrong. I also 2nd the redo on snake, but if not do Luigi.

hough123

Smash Ace
Actually, Marth, Olimar, and MK are up to date, So there is no need to redo them.Snake is the only one I see that is a bit out of date, since camping against Lucario really and truely does not work. In my honest opinion of you get camped by a Snake, you are doing something wrong. I also 2nd the redo on snake, but if not do Luigi.
I said Olimar because although it's generally considered to be Lucario's 2nd hardest match-up, it's only 55:45 =\

Weegee would make a great discussion as well.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I said Olimar because although it's generally considered to be Lucario's 2nd hardest match-up, it's only 55:45 =\

Weegee would make a great discussion as well.
Olimar is eh, weird. He is hard, maybe is one of our hardest. but the information for it is accurate, it just needs a different number. I actually think our matchups in order from hardest to easiest is like this.

D3
Marth
Olimar
MK/GW
DK/Wario
Snake

I am still on the ride about how people find it hard to beat snake with Lucario. Its not hard at all, and I even believe its an even matchup. People just got to know how to stop his moves. He can't camp you, so I don't wanna hear how he can. If he his camping you, then you are not approaching right.

hough123

Smash Ace
I actually think our matchups in order from hardest to easiest is like this.

D3
Marth
Olimar
MK/GW
DK/Wario
Snake
I'd agree with this whole thing.

The irony of this is that my friend mains both Marth and Olimar. T.T

iRJi

Smash Champion
I would like to add something else. I have been reading both this thread and the marth thread about the Lucario matchup, and I will have to say that him cutting throw AS at any damage is a lie. When Lucario is at 90 ish %, He can't cut threw it. I do it to pierce all the time. Which reminds me, I have a match against him with me losing (Go figure, every match I win I can't get the replay LOL) This one is on my hacked Wii though, so it has the replay hack. I need to bring my wii more so i get more replays =D. Anyway, i will just upload it.

Edit: Time for a new matchup. Lets redo snake.

hough123

Smash Ace
I would like to add something else. I have been reading both this thread and the marth thread about the Lucario matchup, and I will have to say that him cutting throw AS at any damage is a lie. When Lucario is at 90 ish %, He can't cut threw it. I do it to pierce all the time. Which reminds me, I have a match against him with me losing (Go figure, every match I win I can't get the replay LOL) This one is on my hacked Wii though, so it has the replay hack. I need to bring my wii more so i get more replays =D. Anyway, i will just upload it.

Edit: Time for a new matchup. Lets redo snake.
Holy :lucario:, a replay hack? I shouldn't have updated my Wii T.T

While I'd like to start on Snake, there are only 3-4 of us posting at this time and we all support it. We should wait a bit to see what others think about it.

....or we could force a start by discussing it now ;)

iRJi

Smash Champion
Holy :lucario:, a replay hack? I shouldn't have updated my Wii T.T

While I'd like to start on Snake, there are only 3-4 of us posting at this time and we all support it. We should wait a bit to see what others think about it.

....or we could force a start by discussing it now ;)
Naa, We will wait. I wouldn't start without the agreement of other players who post here and help. That would be just impolite.

TKD

Smash Lord
Snake can fight Lucario by only using safe approaches like sure-hit or tipper Ftilts and pivot-grabs, also jab-grabs if Lucario's in the air and other things, while keeping up grenade play, or going all nade play which hardcore mains should be able to do. It shouldn't be that easy to get Utilted by Snake if you avoid it, so that shouldn't be one of the important points (it also doesn't KO "very early" as I've seen people point out).

The match-up's more likely 5/5 than 4/6 in my opinion, but that doesn't mean much since I can't tell, because of the lack of good Snake and Lucario players in the U.S.. Snake players don't get to be good because he's hard to play as, and people don't play Lucario because they don't think he's good or something. I don't play either of them, but I wanna keep checking this thread out.

About the Meta Knight match-up, "Ksizzle" seems to know a bit.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Snake can fight Lucario by only using safe approaches like sure-hit or tipper Ftilts and pivot-grabs, also jab-grabs if Lucario's in the air and other things, while keeping up grenade play, or going all nade play which hardcore mains should be able to do. It shouldn't be that easy to get Utilted by Snake if you avoid it, so that shouldn't be one of the important points (it also doesn't KO "very early" as I've seen people point out).

The match-up's more likely 5/5 than 4/6 in my opinion, but that doesn't mean much since I can't tell, because of the lack of good Snake and Lucario players in the U.S.. Snake players don't get to be good because he's hard to play as, and people don't play Lucario because they don't think he's good or something. I don't play either of them, but I wanna keep checking this thread out.

About the Meta Knight match-up, "Ksizzle" seems to know a bit.
No need for Ksizzle, I know the matchup Fairly well. The MK information is accurate already also, so there is no need to go back to it.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
DK is not even with wario. I would say that wario harder for lucario because his aireal movement. At least with DK if you take priority in the air its pretty easy. On top of that its easier to camp Dk.

iRJi

Smash Champion
DK is not even with wario. I would say that wario harder for lucario because his aireal movement. At least with DK if you take priority in the air its pretty easy. On top of that its easier to camp Dk.
Perhaps. But Wario isn't that hard to deal with either. I Our Fair shuts down his air game, even if it does 3 damage. Fair will somewhat lead to another attack too even if we are at a high %, so it is not that hard to deal with him. Just don't approach him as much and you should be fine.

iRJi

Smash Champion
We are going to Redo Snake, since its obviously not as bad as people are making it to be. Also Phil, I'm waiting on your section.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
IDK how to say this. But I decided to not drop Lucario for good. I don't think I have a dedicated main these days. Just a large combination of Marth, Lucario, Wario, and some Toon Link.

ALSO for those ever wondering. I'm not a furry. LOL <3 you guys though. Especially you, Trela. your dedicated and your Luc is top notch. ;)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Perhaps. But Wario isn't that hard to deal with either. I Our Fair shuts down his air game, even if it does 3 damage. Fair will somewhat lead to another attack too even if we are at a high %, so it is not that hard to deal with him. Just don't approach him as much and you should be fine.
Even if you don't approach Wario can still get in and mess you up.

Fair may beat our air game, but if you are in the air we will be on the ground, or we could just jump above you and dair, or airdodge through and nair.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
We are going to Redo Snake, since its obviously not as bad as people are making it to be. Also Phil, I'm waiting on your section.
don't we have the exports to do that? I think we should just continue on with characters we haven't done. I think luigi, bowser, or ness is a good idea.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Now that I think about it, it might be wise to keep it going (I've seen matchup numbers change because someone brings a really good argument in an export before), plus Timbers is showing signs of possible "Brawl drop" in IRC lol.
I don't know tho, I think the above suggestions are a good idea.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
IDK how to say this. But I decided to not drop Lucario for good. I don't think I have a dedicated main these days. Just a large combination of Marth, Lucario, Wario, and some Toon Link.

ALSO for those ever wondering. I'm not a furry. LOL <3 you guys though. Especially you, Trela. your dedicated and your Luc is top notch. ;)
Looks like Lee isnt gone for good after all..... vionce is right if we rediscuss snake we should do it on the snake export so we dont clutter. remember we carios made a promise to clean up the place RJ.

Top Bottom