• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
In my expirence if you stay above and close to wolf its not to hard. Although like previous post he does have an excellent midrange game. Although If you are playing a wolf and he camps and you camp I don't think anyone has the advantage. Lucarios aurashperes go farther , but on the other hand wolf has a reflector. But on the other han wolf laser is slow.

If you play a camping game agasint wolf it will be long. So I would perfer a small stage like frigate for that reason alone.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think Lucario would lose in a camp war with Wolf from the sole fact he has an almost instant reflector.

Granted Wolf shooting at us isn't going to do much to us grounded.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I think Lucario would lose in a camp war with Wolf from the sole fact he has an almost instant reflector.

Granted Wolf shooting at us isn't going to do much to us grounded.
I don't even think that wolf would need his reflector for camping vs lucario...

He shoots faster...his projectile moves faster...it doesn't clank, and it doesn't slow down wolf's aerial movement...

so until you get that bigass aura sphere I don't think you could slow down wolf anyways...even without his reflector.

just my opinion

iRJi

Smash Champion
I don't even think that wolf would need his reflector for camping vs lucario...

He shoots faster...his projectile moves faster...it doesn't clank, and it doesn't slow down wolf's aerial movement...

so until you get that bigass aura sphere I don't think you could slow down wolf anyways...even without his reflector.

just my opinion
Read above posts, I think your opinion might chance.

And as for stages wolf has an issue with Lylat and frigate. Frigate esp. since his recovery is already horror-bad and that stage only makes it worse.

hough123

Smash Ace
We really need to go to a new character, this discussion is basically over.

As for stages:
For Us- Wolfs dislike PS1; the area under the ledge hurts their recovery, and the changing of the stage can disrupt their game. They'll most likely strike it though =\

For them- They'll use Corneria against us if it isn't banned, as their Dsmash will kill VERY early here, strike it if it isn't outright banned in the first place. YI is also o good stage for them. It focuses heavily on ground games, and Wolf can't be gimped here, giving Wolf a decent advantage against us. This is what you should stick to striking if Corneria is banned.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Agreed. Should we restate numbers? I think it's 45:55 disadvantage, we have some things going for us, but getting shut down in several areas is not my idea of an entirely "even" matchup. Still, we do have some edges in edgegame, killing, and in some ways, air game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've played alot of wolfs I still think its 50-50 *goes back to lurking*
Lol I c wat u did thar.
You know, with what aerials we have, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50:50, I like how our aerials can quickly rezone if done right, and you can pretty much follow up on aerials vs. wolf that normally wouldn't work because whether he moves away, shines, ADs, or tries to counterattack, you can certainly get another in, and these aren't aerials that we normally string with.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Lol I c wat u did thar.
lol no actually I was still editing it I happen to make like over nine thousand edits on each post I rethink a lot of things I rethought can't we just jump charge an aura to make him stop and if he does not we can shoot it at him then he has little time to pull the reflector out his *** lol.

EDIT: ****ING SIGNATURE

EDIT: and I iz using wii net lol long time to respond.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Read above posts, I think your opinion might chance.

And as for stages wolf has an issue with Lylat and frigate. Frigate esp. since his recovery is already horror-bad and that stage only makes it worse.
I am still unconvinced...

Please explain.

which posts would i be looking for?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love how people say it's 50:50, then give no reasons.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol Straked, we already discussed the matchup, all of us chipped in (aka read the whole matchup). Besides, I did give reasons in my post.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Phil, I'm talking about on this page.

They don say why.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haven't posted here in weeks, and I'm a firm believer in the importance of Fried Chicken. It's the official food of Lucario. Nay, the official food of Pokemon.

I'd seriously quit Lucario if it didn't exist.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think we got this done pretty much Timbers.
I was thinking maybe we should do Peach, Pit, or TL. All of them have a good crazy projectile/air game and are pretty well rounded vs. lucario.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
zomg we gotta do peach I HATE PEACH @_@

(one person I can never win against is a good peach)

iRJi

Smash Champion
I think we got this done pretty much Timbers.
I was thinking maybe we should do Peach, Pit, or TL. All of them have a good crazy projectile/air game and are pretty well rounded vs. lucario.
All of those seem to be relatively even matches as well. As far as negative matches go I think we covered them all. Anyway I'm up for Pit.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
50:50 or 45:55 Wolf.

I'm leaning more towards the 50:50, but Wolf is just well rounded enough to fight us on an even ground. Wolf just has faster smashed and a better camp game, but Lucario can wreck him if Lucario puts him on the run.

Neither of us have any note worthy techs to watch out for that are scary enough to fear or turn the tide of this match up.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ugh, I'd have to say Peach only because all of these we've done like three times over lol when the other matchup threads were made and I have a really good Peach in my area (Praxis). Then again, I have a good TL in my area too (Chip).
I agree with Red, but which one? I'd say that Wolf is a slightly more stage dependent character, other wise I'd give it a 45:55 disadvantage. 50:50 for me.

hough123

Smash Ace
Out the choices said, I'd pick Peach.

I know that we should to the hardest first, but can we do Ganon soon? IIRC it's Lucario's best match-up, and it'd be refreshing to discuss it after what we've done.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Mm. This matchup is basically over. Time to move on? on the most mart everyone is agreeing on 50:50.

I am also looking around the past matchups and some of them don't make sense to me, and I might go back and do a write up for them. Having D3 and snake both at 60:40 is kind of odd, ESP. because in my opinion D3 is one of our hardest matches while Snake isn't that hard to get into. Anyway it looks like people want to do Peach next. So lets get the chick going lol.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I expect we will get at least ONE peach player to give her two cents. wolf and pika didnt have any. (im betting its praxis.)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Peach is a *****. Not really. But I find that I play king of the hill with peach. Both lucario and peach are fighting to be above the other charater. That makes controlling the game early crucial.

Also we need to do weegee.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I expect we will get at least ONE peach player to give her two cents. wolf and pika didnt have any. (im betting its praxis.)
We can probably get Rick in here. Don't count on Praxis.

Peach isn't as terrible as you all make it out to be. With MU experience, it becomes near even. 80:20 Peach's favor if you play the Peaches I do, that pull 4 bombs a game and hit with 3.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't intend to look at that because I'm sure there's plenty of bombs. Maybe a beam sword and a Mr. Saturn.

Edit: I hear different music. That means turnip hacks. Praxis cheats.

Top Bottom