• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
:flame:
. I'd much rather talk about someone like Wolf, who's an actual threat. Can we do him some time after this match up gets taken care of?.
If you were from the Midwest, you'd understand that Pika is a threat *Anther*. We've got our fair share of wolfs....wolves?....here too, but I haven't played enough of them to learn the matchup. Even if the wolf matchup was 60-40, I'd still be more worried about Anther's Pika. So basically Pika can be scary, I am biased, and I agree wolf should be next.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If you were from the Midwest, you'd understand that Pika is a threat *Anther*. We've got our fair share of wolfs....wolves?....here too, but I haven't played enough of them to learn the matchup. Even if the wolf matchup was 60-40, I'd still be more worried about Anther's Pika. So basically Pika can be scary, I am biased, and I agree wolf should be next.
I'm really jealous that you live in the Midwest. They have such a good scene up there. I feel like I'd be able to accurately represent something if I lived in the MW region.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Lucarios range games is need with the pikachu match-up. pikachu's dsmash alone will annoy lucarios you focus on close combat.

iRJi

Smash Champion
As much as we are revamping the boards, some of these threads we are forgetting about. Esp. since they are so important. Suggestion of matchup numbers for Pikachu?

Mine, as I already stated, is 55:45 Lucario's favor.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
As much as we are revamping the boards, some of these threads we are forgetting about. Esp. since they are so important. Suggestion of matchup numbers for Pikachu?

Mine, as I already stated, is 55:45 Lucario's favor.
I confir. Pikachu is a worthy opponent, but in no way an enemy of ours. He's easily delt with with little problem. Admitedly, his little chaingrab thunder bit is slightly urksome, but not much of an issue. +1 55:45 Lucario.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Question...What makes pikachu's Dsmash so terrible? I mean...yeah it is a god-awful kill move, there is no denying that.But is it really that bad? Is it really as punishable as I hear it?

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Question...What makes pikachu's Dsmash so terrible? I mean...yeah it is a god-awful kill move, there is no denying that.But is it really that bad? Is it really as punishable as I hear it?
yes, and it is very easy to DI out of.

is there much else to be discussed on the matchup? or is it pretty much covered?

iRJi

Smash Champion
yes, and it is very easy to DI out of.

is there much else to be discussed on the matchup? or is it pretty much covered?
Nope, everything is pretty much covered from what I have seen. Thats why I asked if everyone had a number for the matchup. =D

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
i am still sticking to 65:35 or 60:40 at worst in Lucario's favor.... i seriously think pika is an easy opponent.. and yes i have fought good ones...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo if it weren't for the fact that pika is pretty stage worthy and can do well on many stages, I'd give this a 60:40 lucario's advantage. 55:45 for me.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I talked to Timbers. he gives it a 55:45 also. Looks like the Match up is 55:45 Lucarios favor.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
It seems like pikachu needs to hold the light orb, then it would have a better matchup!
Nah. An Adamant Max Attack Light Ball Pikachu will not get an instant kill against an Adamant Max Attack Max Defense Muscle Band Lucario, while said Lucario has no problem getting an instant kill with Extreme Speed. Pikachu gets ***** in this match-up.

I would like to see Wolf next, though. I even ask about him in my little thread... I'm desperate for help against him!
Darn Back Air.
Darn Forward Smash.
Darn Down Smash.
Darn Blaster.
Darn Reflector.
Dark Wolf Illusion.
DARN YOU WOLF!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'd say wolf would be a good one to go over.
Edit: Either that, or TL, Pit, or Peach.
Edit Edit: Yeah, I had to read over some SQL Server stuff for work, I'll get back to you prolly today.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Phillllllllll , you never responded back to meeeeeee. And yes, we should go over wolf next.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Timbers, We decided on a 55:45 Lucario. Everyone wants to do Wolf. Start it please? xD

Hence

Smash Ace
Pikachu is one of Lucario's disadvantaged matchups in my opinion. You're offstage once and you're dead, really. Lucario can't do anything about thunder edge guarding. Also, Pikachu is always going to space full hopped thunderjolts. How can you possibly combat that? F-Smash and F-Tilt to punish aren't really options here because he's full hopping. Your last option of desperation is to F-Air or U-Air from underneath Pikachu. The trouble is, Pikachu's aerial mobility wrecks any of your aerial approches.

Uncharged aura clashes with thunderbolt, so that's an obvious advantage. If you're not the aggressor in this matchup I'm fairly certain you'll lose to good Pikachus. The little rat just has so many approaches that Lucario doesn't do well against. 45:55

iRJi

Smash Champion
Pikachu is one of Lucario's disadvantaged matchups in my opinion. You're offstage once and you're dead, really. Lucario can't do anything about thunder edge guarding. Also, Pikachu is always going to space full hopped thunderjolts. How can you possibly combat that? F-Smash and F-Tilt to punish aren't really options here because he's full hopping. Your last option of desperation is to F-Air or U-Air from underneath Pikachu. The trouble is, Pikachu's aerial mobility wrecks any of your aerial approches.

Uncharged aura clashes with thunderbolt, so that's an obvious advantage. If you're not the aggressor in this matchup I'm fairly certain you'll lose to good Pikachus. The little rat just has so many approaches that Lucario doesn't do well against. 45:55
I think you are saying that without reading what we have said prior to you posting. I think you should look back a couple pages ^_^

Matchup is in Lucarios favor, that is something I can honestly say with little regret.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Can we start discussing wolf or should we stay on pika till further notice.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Someone should give a nice summary of the stuff, so that we can trick....I mean convince (yeah that sounds right) ... Timbers into thinking we are done, so he will let us move onto someone that actually matters. Sorry Pikachu, but Wolf is just more of an issue... unless I'm missing something dreadfully obvious.

But seriously, anyone care to re-cap all of the stuff that has been said? I usually miss too many details, or I'd go ahead and do it myself. Making a summary early might help speed up the process.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've heard that Azen and some other high level Luc players think Wolf has an advantage on Lucario.

Dunno, my friend is a very good wolf and I can see the advantages Wolf has, but I still think it's an even match-up.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I've heard that Azen and some other high level Luc players think Wolf has an advantage on Lucario.

Dunno, my friend is a very good wolf and I can see the advantages Wolf has, but I still think it's an even match-up.
I don't think it is unwinable, but I think he definitely has a leg up against Lucario. Again, if I'm missing something obvious in the match up, please tell me, but otherwise, Wolf just seems to rock against Lucario. ;.; So mean...

Timbers

check me out
I'll update this now.

GUYS I KNOW I'M A **** ASKING THIS BUT CAN ANYONE COMPILE THE PENDING MATCHUPS? I WAS OUT OF TOWN TWICE IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS AND IM HELLA SICK SINCE I GOT BACK FROM CALI SO YEAH I TOTALLY LET THIS GET OUT OF HAND.

I also want to start another thread that I think will greatly help Lucario's progression in the metagame, but as it is I can't look over that thread with 3 matchups currently pending on my trashy internet.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Are you kidding? Photobucket isnt under maintenance.

On another topic, who's going to start with wolf?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
*checks*
He's right, it's back up. Got some good pics I think.
Edit: Oh yeah, got all three done (they will prolly need some editing/reviewing though, feel free to correct/suggest Timbers.

Top Bottom