• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If you play against a good falcon you'll get destroyed. They just dash dance camp you until you're vulnerable.

TheLake

Smash Master
zelda can beat anyone

except shiek

and ****ING PIKACHU OMFGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Raaaaaaage*

I will show you all soon enough

that there is hope left in these heels

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
woah there.
Zelda goes even with puff.
you just kick em dead.
da hell is puff gonna do?
You outrange that dumb *****.
She can't really gimp you too well.
All she has is friggen fsmash and like... rest OoS.
so just space kicks good.
And don't just derp out moves, because that's silly.

Also, Lake, you forgot fox.
And Pika/Zelda is hella easy.
But Pika is soooo fat.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
You can't make a mistake vs jiggs or you're dead

You can't combo jiggs

Yea you can kill her early, but I mean that's not to special everyone who can kill can kills jiggs early so yea she has that I guess but I mean pichu has that

Plus any puff will ban yoshi's and then you can't kill as early as you'd like

Lots of things lead to rest up to like 45% and then woP can seriously do damage

You can't do nearly as much to jiggs off of anything as she can to you and any competent jiggs that learns the match up is can do things at a ridiculously efficient speed and rate compared to what most characters can do to Zelda, at a rate on par with Sheik but at the frequency of Falcon's pushes

Imo

If any of that makes sense

:phone:

Soloist

Smash Ace
Falcon- Falcon can play this match-up in an extremely gay manner since his grab follow-ups are so free on Zelda. If the Falcon you're playing has any Samus experience, they're probably going to try and approach Zelda in a similar way they do Samus. By this I mean abusing his dash dance and the ability to get you off stage and keep you there.

Avoid getting grabbed (this is the most important thing). Just get away from him. Bait him into doing a stupid approach that you can punish with kicks or dash attacks. Be careful with upsmashing OoS/upsmashing in general because he can CC the **** out of it, sheild, and then grab you. Rolling is good, so is downsmash.

Falcon is free coming back to the stage.

Sheik- Don't even bother with this. Do the ditto or switch to a different character.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol if you make a mistake against puff with any character you die.
also, puff is sceered of zelda.
WoP isn't too bad because you outrange puff.
not being able to combo isn't so bad, just look for kicks when you can get them.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
First of all...
lol if you make a mistake against puff with any character you die.
*facepalm* GEEEE I WONDER WHY, IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S A TOP TIER CHARACTER WITH OPTIONS THAT A REALLY GOOD OR ANYTHING. Lol that's not just something you can take out of the equation just because she can do it everyone; fox can shinespike everyone but with that same logic it shouldn't matter because why now?
also, puff is sceered of zelda.
no she's not, bad players are scared of kicks, puff has all the tools she needs to beat Zelda and then have enough time go to chipotle before they close
WoP isn't too bad because you outrange puff.
her Bair and our Bair have about the same range, but hers is still better, lasts longer, better extended hitbox. Plus wop itself is hard to deal with Imo because jiggs is so mobile in the air and Zelda's so slow
not being able to combo isn't so bad, just look for kicks when you can get them.
Not as easy as it sounds, but admittedly very true and I'll give you that one.

Jiggs/Zelda has all the characteristics of a bad matchup for Zelda, you're never safe, you're never far from death, and the less they know the matchup the safer you are

Also other characters that hit you and you die: Sheik, Falcon, technically Fox; those match-ups are widely
accepted as unwinnable for Zelda so what makes jiggs different? Bias predisposition of earlier metagames? I think so, but that's just me.

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
I dont mind the Puff MU. DarkHart's right about everything though... not to mention Jiggs bair is also disjointed so a trade is out of the question. Basically I found that the MU comes down to out-spacing a puff, which is hard to do, but do-able.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
dude i play zelda so much.
She's practically my main.

and i like playing against puff .-.
but only as fox really :/
and mostly on dreamland... I just laser camp. its pretty funny.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
most of the moves in this game are trash.

anyways, I usually don't laser camp... just against puff... and only on dreamland...
or termina :3

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
So, yeah I'm waiting for the results page to be posted but~

I placed 9th/22 going all Zelda at my first Melee tournament. Extremely proud of my placing, and I got a lot of compliments n' such~

Keep repping Zelda, guys. I know I will.

:zelda:

TheLake

Smash Master
You are like the polar Opposite of Lake. Its awesome.
Whats THAT supposed to me pilgrim? You got a problem with how I do things?

and good stuff que? Where was the tourney at?

Keep the reppin man man

any vids?

Nasus for mayor of awsome ville

Soloist

Smash Ace
Lmao went to a tourney yesterday, got 13th/30-something :sadeyes:

Whatever, I only lost to people better than me. :)

@Lake-You should come to MI next month for SWEET VIII with the Pittsburgh crew. Just saying.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Whats THAT supposed to me pilgrim? You got a problem with how I do things?

and good stuff que? Where was the tourney at?

Keep the reppin man man

any vids?

Nasus for mayor of awsome ville
THE LAAKEE <3

No, sadly no vids were recorded. We didn't have any VGA cables. But it was here in Laredo Texas. We had Nuevo Laredo, Laredo, the Valley, and I think some of Mexico at the tournament since we're practically on the boarder. But yeah, I felt great playing Zelda(red) the whole time. Lost to some people that I'm sure I can beat now.

But yeah, I found that my biggest problems as of now are Peach(duh), Falco(ohgawd), Ganon, and the Zelda ditto.

I had lost to a C. Falcon and got knocked into losers. Then played against the guy that got 4th and he was a pretty decent Falco. But now I know how to counter pick Falco and what stages to go to.

My problem with C. Falcon is something I think I'll have with all C. Falcons for a long time. All Falcon's rely on their momentum to keep them mixed up, yet they all play differently and have different favored moves. So for a while I'm just running away or in my shield trying to out space them with my Bair, and at the same time trying to figure out their game. But once I do, it's usually to late and they're too many stocks up.

Game 2 I had counter picked C. Falcon to Dream Land and platform camped with my back to him at all times. This particular C. Falcon couldn't approach me. Got him to his last stock at mid percent, coming back from a reverse 3 stock while I was already at mid percent. I impressed myself with the way I played, though.

As for Falco, both of the games were hard 3 and 2 stocks. He had solid control over what I was doing. I need to learn to do what's safe and what's not safe to do out of shield. Other than that, I now know I can take him to Dream Land if he bans Fountain of Dreams.

But yeah, I'll see what I can do about getting that results page posted. And Thanks again for the compliment, Lake. <3

And yes, Nasus is definitely mayor of awesome ville.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
My reasons were platforms and a BIG stage. I can't get laser camped, and he doesn't have the option to approach with laser either.

Once again, it was my first tournament. It would be nice to get advice on where I should be taking Falco when they ban Fountain of Dreams.

Know that I hardly have any player experience at all. I play with people around and slightly above my level. I've never played people of a higher caliber to where I actually see a Fox waveshine, or a Falco lay down IMMENSE pressure on my shield without a single safe option for me to abuse.

:dk2: :dk2: :dk2:

Top Bottom