• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Is someone honestly trying to argue that pits arrow spam is more broken than metaknight?

What happened to the smash community? >_>
He's obviously not part of the competitive community.

Gotta love random casuals dropping by high-leveled play discussions.

At first we thought he was a troll, then we realized "omg, he's actually at a low enough level of play that pit's arrows ARE godly for him"!

And then we laughed, a lot.

He even tried namedroping somebody who none of us knew about, so we checked his vids, another casual.

This was the funniest division from the thread so far.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Can we go back to MK?

Like with Yoshi being equal with MK and Pika beating Snake?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be literal(lack of better word, technical sounds wrong, maybe strict/vocab nazi), MK is NOT equal with Yoshi. 55=/=45. Almost neutral, close enough to count as technically neutral, but really not. Pika vs snake, meh. =/ I gots no clue thar.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be literal(lack of better word, technical sounds wrong, maybe strict/vocab nazi), MK is NOT equal with Yoshi. 55=/=45. Almost neutral, close enough to count as technically neutral, but really not. Pika vs snake, meh. =/ I gots no clue thar.
So you have no problem with Yoshi PRACTICALLY having an equal matchup with MK? Like tournament and tier-placement-wise, not by "technical" terms.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, I noticed some nitpicking in the other thread.
"45:55?!!! THAT'S NOT EQUAL U NUBZZ LOL"

In Dangr's matchup chart, 45:55 and 50:50 are regarded as even (it's not enough to really make things a noticeably uneven matchup), 60:40 as soft counter, and I think something like 70:30 as a hard counter/big disadvantage.

I'd agree with that system.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
So you have no problem with Yoshi PRACTICALLY having an equal matchup with MK? Like tournament and tier-placement-wise, not by "technical" terms.
Practically equal match up, yeah, I agree with that.

Tournament and tier-placement-wise? Tier placement? Like, MK=Yoshi on tier? Uh, clarify because I definitely don't agree with that. Tournament like, out of 7 matches, they're equal? Hm, that's hard to say. =/
And yes Tenki, on this yoshi vs MK issue, I'm nitpicky, lol.

XienZo

Smash Lord
No, I don't mean Yoshi's in top-tier, but I meant competitively in general, aka practically.

What about Pika vs Snake? I'm sure majority says Pika>Snake.

Anyone say otherwise?

Tenki

Smash Hero
@mmac now someone will use that post to support the statement that yoshi mains all think that yoshi is top tier.

>_>
<_<

off-topic:
Then tell ShadowGamerDarkly that he and his friends suck. I dare you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY0ErdOmuh0

You say you dare me to say ShadowGamerDarkly sucks, but I feel absolutely no pressure in saying so, as it appears to be the truth.
arghhh who uses Pikachu's side-B as a direct attack like that!? ;.; It's so punishable.
The QA's were poorly done, not being aimed into the floor.
and i lol'd at Snake's amazing SH into C4.

:ohwell:

Tenki

Smash Hero
offtopic, tenki are you for or not for the mk ban?
I'm with a minority that's for the
"how about not yet?"

>_>

Though, if someone would give me the extensive amount of frame data I'm requesting, I could probably make a strong case for whichever side I side with.

I have two people who I've sent a list to, but I haven't gotten a yay/nay from them lol.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not even going to get started on Praxis's view on Yoshi vs. MetaKnight, yet again. Nor the other people who constantly claim that all Yoshi has is "Just a Chaingrab" (Geez, It's starting to be like a "It's only a Flesh Wound" Joke), or the other people who keep saying that we constantly claim that we completely ZOMGWTFOMFGHAXORZUBERPWNAGEROFLLAMO MetaKnight.
I'm sick of it too.

Clearly anyone claiming he only has a chaingrab doesn't know Yoshi.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Isn't Colin like Twice as Broken as Grif?

Plus why so much debate on Pit? He's not Broken, nor anywhere near it. He's just plain annoying. End of Discussion.

I'm not even going to get started on Praxis's view on Yoshi vs. MetaKnight, yet again. Nor the other people who constantly claim that all Yoshi has is "Just a Chaingrab" (Geez, It's starting to be like a "It's only a Flesh Wound" Joke), or the other people who keep saying that we constantly claim that we completely ZOMGWTFOMFGHAXORZUBERPWNAGEROFLLAMO MetaKnight.

Life of a Yoshi is so stressful
I wasn't even talking about it this time. You've corrected me on it already :p

It's still not advantaged to Yoshi though, which I'm pretty sure you agree on me. Do you accept 45:55 MK's favor, which is what I peg it at?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

It's still not advantaged to Yoshi though, which I'm pretty sure you agree on me. Do you accept 45:55 MK's favor, which is what I peg it at?
I say 50:50, but most other Yoshi mains disagree with me.

Don't know, I say he has the exact same advantages they're claiming and say it's neutral, but disagree on the extent of it.

Mmac

Smash Lord

I know I'm just.... er.. I just didn't have a good morning

And yes, Though when people usually refer to disadvantage as 40:60 and less...

It's about somewhere between in the 50:50 and 45:55 region, at least on how I look at it.

Anther

Smash Champion
Lol, this should be good.

*grabs popcorn*

Seriously Anther, what are you talking about?
If that POS marth was less of a ******** character maybe the matchup would be more in his favor! Ya know what I'm sayin???
KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN STEEL2ND?!
;P

btw, I wanna point out that Pika's matchup vs Metaknight is much better than his matchup with Marth. But what if Pika's a bad character? Answer: If that's the case then it doesn't really matter.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Master Knight, if you and your friends typically roll around and fsmash the way I see in your little video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJgcXIIPQU ), I can see why Pit's arrow spam would be completely overpowered and so broken that there's absolutely no way around it.
This video was horrendous. And why was team attack off?? I just noticed it was a 2 minute timed match, wtf????

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol, with 0.0202165853% of the precincts reporting (total votes/total smashboards members), the pro ban side leads 54.49% to 45.51%. The race is too close to call.
0.0202165853% of the total population voted here? So if 1000 people voted here, then we have more than 600,000 members? Hot ****.

Yes I know you made that % number up. :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
0.0202165853% of the total population voted here? So if 1000 people voted here, then we have more than 600,000 members? Hot ****.
Actually I didn't, 1000 members out of 600,000 is 0.16666666....7%

Yes I know you made that % number up. :p
Rofl

Check my calculations, 2064/101947 = 0.020245814.

Convert to percent, 0.020245814*100= 2.0245814%

That's the current number btw, the ratio has changed a bit since I posted that estimate, a slightly higher portion of the population voted, and I'm too lazy to figure out what the ratio was when I did the estimate initially.

I could figure it out, but since you know the sources of data and you know it's close you can reason that I was using the same source and just there are additional voters/members of smashboards.

I never post anything without checking my facts... but I am not immune to stupid little arithmetic mistakes.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Most of the users are inactive. For example, I just checked the members list and just on the first page alone 28/30 users had 0 posts, 1 had 5 posts, and another had 29 posts. So the percentage of active users that have voted would be much higher than 2%.

Edit: The next two pages aren't much better either with only 8/60 with over 15 posts, and only 3 of those 8 with over a hundred posts. If there was a way to calculate active users you could get a much more accurate percentage.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
For a thread getting this many replies.....you would think that more people would actually vote on the poll.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Most of the users are inactive. For example, I just checked the members list and just on the first page alone 28/30 users had 0 posts, 1 had 5 posts, and another had 29 posts. So the percentage of active users that have voted would be much higher than 2%.

Edit: The next two pages aren't much better either with only 8/60 with over 15 posts, and only 3 of those 8 with over a hundred posts. If there was a way to calculate active users you could get a much more accurate percentage.
Yes yes and yes. I took the time to look through who had voted a while ago, and saw the same things :dizzy:

XienZo

Smash Lord
Well, the first few ones are all "111!!!one!"s and "?????"s
you'd probably get more as you go to the Ps, for example, as you run into "Pit__", "Peach____", "PK___", and"Pokemon___"

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
For a thread getting this many replies.....you would think that more people would actually vote on the poll.
♥True...but some of us would like to sit back, watch the numbers soar, and be entertained! ;)

salaboB

Smash Champion
~2100 votes.
~2900 replies.

Considering the number of multi-posts by people, I'd say more people have voted than have posted. That's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom