• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
1) Wario doesn't have disjointed hitboxes
2) Wario's moves have after lag
Are we talking about the same character? His aerials auto-cancel super early. What recovery time are we talking about here? He doesn't have any unless he messes up.

3) Disjointed hitboxes absolutely violate Luigi
4) His real combos do about 40% at best (to a Wario), you can interrupt half of them w/ DI and a nair.
5) Only bad Warios cry about Luigi, he's quite manageable if you know what you're doing.
Reflex, who's the best Wario on the East Coast, cries about Luigi.

Blue Shell, the best Wario in Atlantic North, cries about Luigi.

Gmoney, a Florida player that secondaries Wario and usually places decently, cried about Wario vs Luigi when I talked to him about it.

Magus420's random friend that mains Wario cries about Luigi.

It looks like every Wario from the top to the bottom cries about Luigi.

Conceivably, yes. Of course, a well-played Meta Knight (or... you know... ANYONE) isn't actually going to fall for that.
Dedede's f-smash punishes GOOD spacing, so it's actually not that hard to hit. I've watch Atomsk hit many Meta Knights with it, and M2K used to use it as part of his main arsenal against Forte.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Um... fair takes a while to autocancel (it's fast startup is what makes it good), nair autocancels fast only if you hit the ground (same with up air), dair is his only really fast-ending airborne move. Wario's aerial "priority" isn't good at all, he just has moves w/ low startup. Anyone with a disjointed hitbox and good spacing ***** him just as hard as they **** Luigi (who's moves start in even less frames than Wario's).

Only reason we cry about Luigi is because he forces us to play more grounded, and that makes us unhappy, by no means is he a nightmare matchup after you've faced a couple. Hell, Reflex pretty much owned Big Lou, and he's one of the best Luigi's out there. And hey, Luigi is punishable upon recovery, can't say the same for MK.

Don't try to lecture me about my own character, thanks.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
There is no point in banning MK. They could've banned Marth, Fox, Sheik, and Falco from Melee because so many people used him, but they didn't because many people were able to beat them. MK has disadvantages, so find a way to counter him. There is also something called counterpicking stages.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There is no point in banning MK. They could've banned Marth, Fox, Sheik, and Falco from Melee because so many people used him, but they didn't because many people were able to beat them. MK has disadvantages, so find a way to counter him. There is also something called counterpicking stages.
You don't play Brawl, do you?

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Salem, using a bad counter argument just because its a counter argument doesn't mean it's a worthy use of anyone's time. Any fool can look at what you've written and tell you why it doesn't make sense. You probably can too.

Ills

Smash Apprentice
I selected yes, only because I think it's going to happen sooner or later. There's gonna be an end to this debate but I'm not sold on MK getting away on a clean slate.

Unfortunately.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You don't play Brawl, do you?
Do you?

I don't know about you, but since I don't suck and have a brain, I just beat Meta Knights with several characters, including Meta Knights that make Midwest ones look like garbage.

Start training and you won't be such a crybaby about Meta Knight.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its funny how people are trying to lecture overswarm about learning to play better and beat MK.

hes probably done more research than anybody out there on how to counteract MK

he even made a thread about SDIing and counterattacking multi hit moves like MKs forward air, forward tilt and tornado in the hopes that it would take away from MKs dominance...

and how did that work out?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I sense stereotypes, lol.

Don't ban Metaknight- Your a metaknight main. You actually suck, but Metaknight makes you good.
Ban Metaknight- Your a crybaby that sucks, go practice and stop whining.

Boy, what a thread we have here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
its funny how people are trying to lecture overswarm about learning to play better and beat MK.

hes probably done more research than anybody out there on how to counteract MK

he even made a thread about SDIing and counterattacking multi hit moves like MKs forward air, forward tilt and tornado in the hopes that it would take away from MKs dominance...

and how did that work out?
I can't tornado ROB players over here. They smash DI out instantly and drop down and hit me. If I tornado from far away, they hit me with a laser or gyro.

Yet he said ROB doesn't have good answers to the tornado.

I can't believe that he's good against MK.

MK's multihit moves are the easiest to counter, especially the aerials, because he has to commit himself to them. That means if he whiffs them, you can easily punish.

salaboB

Smash Champion
MK's multihit moves are the easiest to counter, especially the aerials, because he has to commit himself to them. That means if he whiffs them, you can easily punish.
If he whiffs them often enough that the punishment leads to his defeat, you're probably playing a bad MK.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL

No. It's not hard to whiff f-air and b-air in this game when the defensive options are vastly superior to the offensive options given to you, regardless of character.

Even if he's using them as a spacing tool, he absolutely must commit himself to finish the entire animation. That's an opening to either play offense or defense.

salaboB

Smash Champion
LOL

No. It's not hard to whiff f-air and b-air in this game when the defensive options are vastly superior to the offensive options given to you, regardless of character.

Even if he's using them as a spacing tool, he absolutely must commit himself to finish the entire animation. That's an opening to either play offense or defense.
If it were so easy, MK wouldn't be so dominant.

There's a thread on tips for how to beat MK, why don't you drop in and provide the exact methods you can punish him after he commits. Maybe people will be able to make use of it to take him down at tournaments, since it's so doable.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
I have been converted.
I see the light.
Its time to ban Meta Knight.

Lol =D Seriously though, I'm sick of the MK whores. I want this game to have more variety. And for the MK mainers, look at it this way: people will respect you more for winning w/o him. Yes, I realize this has all already been said at one point or another, just my opinion. What hasn't been said except for a reliable way to beat MK. <_<;

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK's not even dominant over here. Mew2King is dominant, and teh_spamerer is extremely good. They just happen to main Meta Knight, but they'd be equally successful with Snake. In fact, teh_spamerer beat NinjaLink with Snake, so there's proof right there.

Bum won the largest tournament on the East Coast going DK. No MKs in the top 8.

How is MK dominating over here?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I can't tornado ROB players over here. They smash DI out instantly and drop down and hit me. If I tornado from far away, they hit me with a laser or gyro.

Yet he said ROB doesn't have good answers to the tornado.

I can't believe that he's good against MK.

You must be the WORST MK player ever. If you aren't horrible with the tornado it is nearly impossible for ROB to SDI out and hit you. TX probably has the best anti-tornado DI in the country because our last big tournament had over 50% MK players in bracket and yet no one will play a fatty like ROB against MK because you are trapped in it.

I agree about the multi-hit thing. If you powershield the first hit you can counter while he's finishing his nair, etc.

Do you?

I don't know about you, but since I don't suck and have a brain, I just beat Meta Knights with several characters, including Meta Knights that make Midwest ones look like garbage.

You have not consistently beaten any good MKs with any other characters. You just love to make stuff and quote tournament results with crappy players.

Also, thank you for my new favorite quote. It's in my sig

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
MK's not even dominant over here. Mew2King is dominant, and teh_spamerer is extremely good. They just happen to main Meta Knight, but they'd be equally successful with Snake. In fact, teh_spamerer beat NinjaLink with Snake, so there's proof right there.

Bum won the largest tournament on the East Coast going DK. No MKs in the top 8.

How is MK dominating over here?
Bum won the largest EC tourney, but there were no good MK players there. Tell him to travel to TX and we'll show him how bad DK is against MK.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I have been converted.
And for the MK mainers, look at it this way: people will respect you more for winning w/o him.
Maybe you don't mean to talk about this further, but this part I've seen before and can't agree with. My problem is that just because you're Metaknight, it doesn't suddenly mean you don't have to ever learn a matchup. People who play mk against characters that he has 60:40 against, assuming the other person is good, still have to put effort into winning those matches, just like in any 60:40 match or something in that area.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hmm...Kind of a hard choice. MK's banning won't even really change a lot of characters' performance, because MK isn't everyone's worst character. Everyone will probably go to Snake and GW anyway, then people will whine about them until every character they don't like is banned.

On the other side, Metaknight is really really gay.

*Votes no*

Oh, and if we stop making threads like this, and look into MK more, maybe we can find a solution, lolz. ^___^

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Hmm...Kind of a hard choice. MK's banning won't even really change a lot of characters' performance, because MK isn't everyone's worst character. Everyone will probably go to Snake and GW anyway, then people will whine about them until every character they don't like is banned.
I hate this theory because it has such a simple answer and yet people keep bring it up over and over. G&W and Snake have counters. No one would listen to people asking for them to get banned just like they didn't listen to them at the start of brawl when Snake was dominating.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you are going to use the slippery slope arguement miss bunny, how about all you people come to an agreement on who needs to be banned next, because if you dont know who the slope is going to slide to next...
than that line of reasoning is completely useless

i whine about snake as it is now, hes rediculous
i whine about down throw to down smash against GaW
i whine about getting chain grabbed by D3
i whine about getting waveshined from one end of final D to the other.
i whine about getting Ken comboed
i whine about tippers

i hate all of those things because they beat me, ill admit it.
but than why is MK the only thing that i want banned?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LeeHarris, how many more people must tell you that you know absolutely nothing about my region?

We have the BEST Meta Knights over here and the BEST overall players. BEST. ABSOLUTE TOP. PINNACLE OF SKILL. What part of that are you misunderstanding? A lot of other players keep telling you this, and you ignore it.

This is making discussing anything with you pointless. Stop being so ignorant. Stop talking about my region when you clearly know nothing. Texas got ROCKED by our players and couldn't stop them from winning. Mew2King's opinion of your skill level isn't very high, sorry to say.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
if you are going to use the slippery slope arguement miss bunny, how about all you people come to an agreement on who needs to be banned next, because if you dont know who the slope is going to slide to next...
than that line of reasoning is completely useless
I think character banning is the lamest thing on the planet, so I'd rather not guess who's gonna be banned next.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I hate this theory because it has such a simple answer and yet people keep bring it up over and over. G&W and Snake have counters. No one would listen to people asking for them to get banned just like they didn't listen to them at the start of brawl when Snake was dominating.
snake and G&W dont have any hard counters. they have soft counters, but they have advantage on most chars. not saying that they should be banned, but they almost have the same thing as MK. ALMOST, I DIDNT SAY THEY DID.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think character banning is the lamest thing on the planet, so I'd rather not guess who's gonna be banned next.
but what about stalling?
items?
stages?
why are characters the only thing you have a problem banning?

@inui
nobody good with MK was there...
if you have a 300 man tourney, but you dont let anyone who mains or seconds MK in the building, even if you dont ban him in the official rules, than that doesnt really serve to prove any points about MK not beign broken

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
but what about stalling?
items?
stages?
why are characters the only thing you have a problem banning?
I never said that was the only thing I cared about...o_o

Where did you even get that from?

salaboB

Smash Champion
I will argue against anyone other than MK being banned.

Why? Because nobody else breaks the game the way he does, whether everyone flocks to them or not.

I suspect the majority of "ban MK" supporters agree completely.

Any suggestions for banning other characters will be met with "Learn to play X, Y, or Z and you'll have an edge against them" -- that's just a silly thing to tell someone for how to handle MK though, the best way to do that is "Play as MK."

(Also, I think coloring entire posts just to get attention is even lamer than character banning. Does that mean nobody should ever do it again?)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
(Also, I think coloring entire posts just to get attention is even lamer than character banning. Does that mean nobody should ever do it again?)
I've been coloring my post for a very long time. I do it because I like the color blue, and not for attention.

See? I just did it again.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you?

The biggest difference between you and me?

One of us won't fade into obscurity the moment Metaknight is banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom