• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
This should be interesting. If metaknight trully gets banned, then we will see if it is metaknight's fault that the game is getting stagnated or if it is the Brawl engine itself that is stagnatating.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol, This MK ban is gonna bring down Smash as we know it. After the Melee vs Brawl debate, and now this? Time to start seeing some people pack up and leave lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
No offense but some of the mods don't even play smash, same with the Green... the only special color that means anything is purple or there are a few mods that play smash and our also in the SBR

Green is for the normal BRoom, sure some of us are prominent members of the community but there are a fair few that aren't heavy tournament goers in fact I'm probably in the minority.

Same with the mods, not to many mods are also extremely high placers in tournament.

I took a quick count of whom I know is active in smash as well as being in the BRoom and I got

9 for Yes
7 for No

Fairly even.
Did you include Edrees? He's a red-er that is a high placer.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Did you include Edrees? He's a red-er that is a high placer.
A yep I know all of the higher placing members in the community, and if I went into melee high placers the numbers would grow though I think it would skew it closer to the no side so I just took the higher ups in Brawl. =)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
A yep I know all of the higher placing members in the community, and if I went into melee high placers the numbers would grow though I think it would skew it closer to the no side so I just took the higher ups in Brawl. =)
You should make a weighted scale on the votes.

And to view names click on the number when it shows the poll

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nobody's looking, except if your name is purple/red.

I saw it though=D
yeah, but some peeps associate "MK-ban supporters" with "scrub".

I could see this happening...
Someone sees an argumentative post of someone's and goes to look in this thread to see if they support a ban or not. If yes, they might automatically discredit them- that is, if their name isn't in purple/red or whatever.

edit:
how do you see the names? of the voters?
click the number

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
No! I practiced too much with Meta to have Meta Banned!
lol u needed practice to be good with meta?
i say he shouldnt be banned even tho he is such a broken character, but ppl should try conducting strategies to finally take him down...maybe hit and run? lol

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Woah, there is a lot of metahate here...

Seriusly, stop saying metaknight takes no skill to use and that metaplayers are un-skilled, you are just making yourself sound like an ignorant by saying that.

salaboB

Smash Champion
yeah, but some peeps associate "MK-ban supporters" with "scrub".

I could see this happening...
Someone sees an argumentative post of someone's and goes to look in this thread to see if they support a ban or not. If yes, they might automatically discredit them- that is, if their name isn't in purple/red or whatever.
That just makes it easy to tell who you can ignore.

ken109

Smash Cadet
Why would people want MK to be banned? Is it because he's too good or something?

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Most of the scrubs who voted joined this month and probably have absolutely no idea how to play the game correctly. And if this offends you, then hey, what's up? You're bad at the game. It doesn't matter which side you voted for if you have zero tournament experience and you can barely beat a level 9 computer...like 99% of smashboards.
Harsh.

10characters

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i agree!

edit: omg wow what a fast moving thread. the post i responded to is on the previous page

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
I've seen this around a few times, but I still don't quite get it. What does it mean when you say "10something,"? :ohwell:
There's a 10 character requirement for posts. All I had to say was "Harsh", so I just added that to take up the rest of the characters needed.

Why would people want MK to be banned? Is it because he's too good or something?
You seem a bit behind. Anyways, yes, he's too good. In a nutshell, MetaKnight has:
very little landing lag and very little overall lag
good killing moves
good gimping power
good recovery
good priority
no bad character match-ups
so basically, no weakness!

Oh, and Whorenado.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm watching the election. Except I know this poll won't change a lot. XD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I got 387-271.
Indeed, but you're also just using the quantitative numbers from the poll, whereas I'm using the qualitative measurement of people's opinions I think actually matter.

Not that my opinion personally really matters on that, or is to pertinent to this topic.

XienZo

Smash Lord
But ban has more pink and not ban has more blue and green....

what do those colors mean again?

XienZo

Smash Lord
But I named 3 colors and you told me 2 without telling which one is which....

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Metaknight should be banned because is so relivialy easy to pick up metaknight at a high competitive level and the fact that he can easily win high competitive tournies makes him a must pick character. Only a few people have even beaten M2k's MK and most of them like Ninja Link only beat M2k because M2k didn't know how to glide toss with MK. It was quite a while ago when that happend and people shouldn't use that as a reason that diddy even has a chance with MK. He only does good against him on FD which all MK needs to do is bann the stage and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom