• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
Now let's get this topic back onto proper discussion, starting now.

Still anti-ban because MK is not impossible to beat. If he somehow got infinites or something that were easy to setup and applied to the entire cast except himself and everyone flocked to him because he doesn't infinite himself. I may reconsider my viewpoint.
Lol The Guy Made A Point And U Banned Him Get A Life 4 Real Nerd. The Funney Thing Is I Know Y U Banned Him Cuz U Knew He Waz Right Look Who Uses Snake U Do Lol True Nub So When Did U Look On The List 2 Years Ago Since Ur A Moderator U Have No Life Go Out Side Get Friends Nerd The Guy Waz Right I Dont Care If I Get Banned But All I Know Is I Agree With Him Ur A Noob And A Nerd And Have No Life Get One Snake User No Skill Mk Users No Skill GET A LIFE

PS NERDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD SHE KNOWS SHE IS BAN ME I DONT CARE BECAUSE UR ARE WRONG AND Hylian IS RIGHT NOOB

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Still anti-ban because MK is not impossible to beat. If he somehow got infinites or something that were easy to setup and applied to the entire cast except himself and everyone flocked to him because he doesn't infinite himself. I may reconsider my viewpoint.
Good point, I am anti-ban as well so I can't really argue with this.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Who wants to be infracted for spam? Get on topic people.....

Although it's been the same arguments since like... page 4.... and nothing new is coming up.

Oh, and Sheik may have a possible infinite on Meta Knight. I haven't bothered to look into it or anything. But finally people are finding things against him?

SuSa

Far from a counterpick unless this infinite is much easier to do then I thought.

Also it's less of an infinite, more of a low% > death combo from what I've read/seen.

It could change the matchup a bit.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I only want Meta Knight banned so low-tier characters can have a chance at competitive events.

Meta Knight has a significant advantage over all but two low-tier characters, and even then, winning isn't easy for them. It's difficult for users of these characters to win at tournaments because of the abundance of Meta Knight players overwhelming Brawl's competitive scene. Less people are using lower-tier characters, and their metagames are stagnant as a result. As an example, look at the Samus board. There are only 15 people posting there, at most. She's also the least-used character on All is Brawl's singles ladder according to the most recent character statistics release, returning a 0.36% playerbase percentage, compared to Meta Knight's ~40%. Her metagame hasn't had any developments since December 2008.

Some low-tier characters have some favorable match-ups against characters in the higher-tiers, but no one wants to use them, because they yield the least chance of victory against Meta Knight. Again, using Samus as an example, she has a large variety of projectiles and high priority on some moves that could potentially counter Snake, but it isn't being explored because everyone's largely focused on Meta Knight and the rest of the top-tier characters. This is really reducing the variety in Brawl, but people brush it off as not being a big deal. Some of us are trying to prove that lower-tier characters really don't suck that much, but it's hard to do when you're outnumbered 100-to-one. With him gone, it would open up opportunities for lower-tier characters that weren't possible with him factored into the general metagame.

Please, just ban him so the low tiers can move forward instead of being indefinitely stuck in place.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I only want Meta Knight banned so low-tier characters can have a chance at competitive events.
I just think that low-tier characters won't be given much attention even with MK being banned. I think people will use higher tier characters and ignore the lower tier.

RDK

Smash Hero
This is not why we ban things.

Meta Knight has a significant advantage over all but two low-tier characters
No he doesn't. Have you even glanced at a matchup chart? MK isn't a worst matchup for a single other character.

It's difficult for users of these characters to win at tournaments because of the abundance of Meta Knight players overwhelming Brawl's competitive scene. Less people are using lower-tier characters, and their metagames are stagnant as a result. As an example, look at the Samus board. There are only 15 people posting there, at most. She's also the least-used character on All is Brawl's singles ladder according to the most recent character statistics release, returning a 0.36% playerbase percentage, compared to Meta Knight's ~40%. Her metagame hasn't had any developments since December 2008.
The object of banning is to make things fairer for players, not characters. Some characters are going to be inviable, or if not completely inviable, pretty close to it. Get over it.

Some low-tier characters have some favorable match-ups against characters in the higher-tiers, but no one wants to use them, because they yield the least chance of victory against Meta Knight.
I assure you, Meta Knight is not the only reason people aren't using characters like Captain Falcon or Ganondorf.

And the highest matchup any lower-tier character has against moderately high-tier characters is 60-40. Link against D3? Ike against IC's? What's the point of picking easily-countered low-tiers to have a 60-40 matchup against characters that have other, more highly disadvantageous matchups, all within their same tier?

Again, using Samus as an example, she has a large variety of projectiles and high priority on some moves that could potentially counter Snake, but it isn't being explored because everyone's largely focused on Meta Knight and the rest of the top-tier characters. This is really reducing the variety in Brawl, but people brush it off as not being a big deal. Some of us are trying to prove that lower-tier characters really don't suck that much, but it's hard to do when you're outnumbered 100-to-one. With him gone, it would open up opportunities for lower-tier characters that weren't possible with him factored into the general metagame.
If low-tier characters don't suck, then go out and win a Snake-infested major tournament with one (preferably Samus). Problem solved.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
The idea that MK is the sole reason low tiers dont do well may be the stupidest thing I've read in this entire thread.
Well...there is the issue where you nerf MK with the handicap system...

I don't know which is dumber...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shiek's infinite, for those of you who were wondering, does not work, even on MK.

SuSa

Shiek's infinite, for those of you who were wondering, does not work, even on MK.
Er. He may be a bad tester (read his latest post)...

Yes, things can be SDI'd out of. But if you SDI the bair, Sheik should be able to Pivot Boost > ftilt and continue it anyways.

If you try to SDI the ftilt so he cannot footstool you - it may prolong the ftilt lock leading to worse things.

Er. He may be a bad tester (read his latest post)...

Yes, things can be SDI'd out of. But if you SDI the bair, Sheik should be able to Pivot Boost > ftilt and continue it anyways.

If you try to SDI the ftilt so he cannot footstool you - it may prolong the ftilt lock leading to worse things.
If this infinite is the one I am thinking about I know that guy xD

Palpi

Smash Hero
You play samus. METAKNIGHT IS ONE OF MANY CHARACTERS WHO BEATS SAMUS. METAKNIGHT IS NOT THE ONLY CHARACTER HOLDING ANY OF THE LOW TIERS BACK. NOTHING WILL CHANGE FOR LOW TIERS IF METAKNIGHT IS BANNED .

napZzz

Smash Hero
Taking out mk is going to make a lot more ****ty characters usable. TOurneys will become more fun because every other match wont be fighting an mk.

At least ban him in doubles. I'd bet that 75% of doubles teams have an mk. ITs ridiculous.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Taking out mk is going to make a lot more ****ty characters usable.
like who?

TOurneys will become more fun because every other match wont be fighting an mk.
I'd rather fight MK than olimar, falco, pikachu, ice climbers...he might be the best character but he's far from the gayest.

NNID
Budget_Player
Taking out mk is going to make a lot more ****ty characters usable. TOurneys will become more fun because every other match wont be fighting an mk.
What Nic said. I can't think of a low-mid tier who is made inviable by MK, and as annoying as it is to see dozens of metaknights, I prefer MK matchups to Oli, Rob, DDD, Falco... Shall I go on?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Blaming the position of Low Tier characters on Meta Knight is not a valid reason for a ban. Low Tier characters are in Low Tier because they are bad, not because they have bad matchups against Meta Knight. They wouldn't be viable even without Meta Knight present.

The only character who would gain profit out of this would be Marth, as he is the only character who has no hard counters but Meta Knight.

Jupz

Smash Master
I can't believe this is still going on... Metaknight isnt even good enough to be banned. People are viewing him as unbeatable... look at the apex results, where almost all the good players were there. At Whobo many pro players were missing. Just change the way you view him and once the intimidation factor is gone he becomes easier.

NNID
Budget_Player
there is not ONE character that MK makes unviable singlehandidly. true facts.
Marth. Okay, not inviable, but definitely much worse. >.<

I've gone from anti-ban (really nooby, didn't know how good MK was) to pro-ban (picked him up and pwned) back to anti-ban. All of the recent things turning up make me believe that the meta is advancing and will advance with or without Meta. He has an arguably bad matchup now, and a few arguably even ones (bowser and Wario/Snake respectively), plus with the shiek infinite... Ionno. Either way, banning meta knight should have to wait until he gets another IDC that we can't ban as easily. Or planking becomes a far bigger problem than it is now.

Nic64

Smash Lord
bowser is not even with MK lmao

not that it matters, he's evenish with snake and wario and quite winnable with other characters.

planking is not a meta knight specific issue.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
If they are using ledge tricks to force you back and to keep you off guard, well played them. If they do it constantly, it is stalling. You win.

Not really...

It just puts a layer of puzzle in front of your opponent...its not like its impossible to get hit or anything...

I don't like meta knight at all
I don't think he should be banned, just the people who play as him :)
M2K!!!!

You're BANNED!!!! D:

rathy Aro

Smash Lord

At least ban him in doubles. I'd bet that 75% of doubles teams have an mk. ITs ridiculous.
Why do people keep saying this? Where does this come from? Why this makes no sense was just addressed on this page. >.>

META KNIGHT DOES NOT **** LOW TIERS ANY WORSE THAN THEY WOULD NORMALLY BE *****! IF YOU WANT TO BAN CHARACTERS THAT SHUT DOWN LOW TIERS LOOK AT: DDD, Falco, and Marth.

100% of doubles teams having MK does not warrant a ban.

Seriously, everyone remember that banning a character is for dire situations only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom