• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm going Snake next time. It's easier than fighting a match-up with MK that tornado sucks in that I don't understand at all. I just used tornado to beat Boss's strange characters but that doesn't work on Kirby.
*Sigh* He's gonna stomp your Snake. Let me know if you win.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, I had no idea what I was doing and got ***** first round. Second round was closer, but I still didn't know what to do. So many Kirby tricks and weird stuff lol.
I love Kirby tricks. Chu's matches are so fun to watch.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So Forte did 150%+ more damage to me every match but lost the set. The one match he won was when I died at the low, low damage of 120% to a tornado at the top. Woe is Snake, such a gimpable character.

Just play smart and camp and Snake has the advantage.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG, A Marth and Kirby player beat you? This must mean their characters are top tier and they beat MK!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Only metaknight i see winning tournies consistently is m2k...cuz he's m2k. however i voted for the ban because since so many people dislike the character, its hurting the community. I'm actually for a temp ban to allow other characters to develop

Inui

Banned via Warnings
OMG, A Marth and Kirby player beat you? This must mean their characters are top tier and they beat MK!
I have never stated that any character besides Snake has a real advantage against MK. I just said a large amount of characters go nearly even with MK.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@ slikvikI know, but to admit means you have to admit that you lost because you're a worse player; having a scapegoat makes JOHNING so much less embarrassing.

That's right, I went there =P

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Aww, Snake's not soo bad. :)
No that isn't what i mean. I just dislike characters who are so badly designed.
I dislike him simply because his Ftilt and utilt range is much greater than the graphics depict andbasically prove that the programmers weren't paying attention at all.

Most likely Snake's utilt was originally an axe kick while his Ftilt did have him wielding a knife or other object.

If i had a USBgecko I could look at the hitboxes and check them out.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
@ slikvikI know, but to admit means you have to admit that you lost because you're a worse player; having a scapegoat makes JOHNING so much less embarrassing.

That's right, I went there =P
I don't have a problem with mk. he's not even my worst match-up. The only mks that beat me are really good(omni, plank, m2k, lukky for example), and i know are just better at the moment. I'm thinking about the community as a whole. New players that can't get around the gay tactics may actually have potential but give up prematurely

St. Viers

Smash Champion
naw, that wasn't calling you out--it was respondng to what you said. In other words, I meant what you just said in the last sentance

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Okay we need like a rule or something.

The following things are stupid to say

1.lol pro banners are just quitters.
2.lol pro banners suck.
3. anti banners just want to win money
4. Anti banners are elitist.

in short, don't make statements that address 90% of the idiots out there.
Just address whats been said.

RDK

Smash Hero
Slik, I assume you voted for Obama.

ATTEMPTS TO SINGLE-HANDEDLY DERAIL THE THREAD INTO A RELIGION OR POLITICS-RELATED DISCUSSION YET AGAIN

brinboy789

Smash Champion

XienZo

Smash Lord
Nah. It's not fair for me to be crippled by not being allowed to use my main. It's a waste of my time and I'm too staunchly anti-ban to ever support a tournament where MK is banned.
What is this? Is your PRIDE preventing you from doing ANYTHING to win? Including going to a tourney where your main is banned? And complaining how its not FAIR?

Its totally going against every bit of "playing to win"...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Inui doesn't believe in any character matchup threads, because like many other really good players, they base their opinions off their own level of play, which is generally a better indicator than theorycrafting done by players of a lower level.

His opinion is skewed, but in a different way, and one arguably less wrong.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What is this? Is your PRIDE preventing you from doing ANYTHING to win? Including going to a tourney where your main is banned? And complaining how its not FAIR?

Its totally going against every bit of "playing to win"...
What are you talking about?

Why would I attend a tournament where I'm crippled and have less of a chance of winning if I play to win? Why would I, someone extremely strongly in favour of not banning MK, ever support a tournament where he is banned?

I am not a fool.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong

Why would I attend a tournament where I'm crippled and have less of a chance of winning if I play to win? Why would I, someone extremely strongly in favour of not banning MK, ever support a tournament where he is banned?

I am not a fool.
There is a certain amount of undeniable logic in this post...

XienZo

Smash Lord

I am not a fool.
Well, now you know what your average scrub feels like when they ask why they should go to a tourney where CGing is allowed if they have less chance of winning. And why would they, someone strongly in favour of banning CGs, ever support a tournament where they are legal?

Because they can't let their own views prevent them from improving in other types of metagames they don't personally like. Well, if they want to have a play-to-win mindset anyway.

You're perfectly justified to not go to the tournament, but a person who completely believed in the "play to win" would go, regardless of their beliefs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that tournaments are not limited to a single one way out of state for each weekend. Inui not going to a tournament where Meta Knight is banned means he can probably attend one where Meta Knight isn't banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom