• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, now you know what your average scrub feels like when they ask why they should go to a tourney where CGing is allowed if they have less chance of winning. And why would they, someone strongly in favour of banning CGs, ever support a tournament where they are legal?

Because they can't let their own views prevent them from improving in other types of metagames they don't personally like. Well, if they want to have a play-to-win mindset anyway.
lmao @ this comparison

Are you serious?

You're perfectly justified to not go to the tournament, but a person who completely believed in the "play to win" would go, regardless of their beliefs.
Why? What does believing in playing to win have to do with attending a tournament where MK is banned? I can't exactly play to win as much as I'd like with my main banned.

I'd much rather attend or host my own event where MK is allowed than spend hundreds of dollars to go a tournament in Texas with bad stage rules and MK not allowed.

XienZo

Smash Lord
lmao @ this comparison

Are you serious?

Why? What does believing in playing to win have to do with attending a tournament where MK is banned? I can't exactly play to win as much as I'd like with my main banned.

I'd much rather attend or host my own event where MK is allowed than spend hundreds of dollars to go a tournament in Texas with bad stage rules and MK not allowed.
Well, if you actualy go to another tournament, then it'd be fine. I mean, if its going to cost you hundreds of dollars, its one issue, but you can't say you're not going to otherwise-fine tourament SOLELY because MK is banned. If there are other issues, then that'd be different.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wouldn't choosing what tournament you're most likely to win in fall under the playing to win philosophy? All Inui is doing is maximizing his chances. That's not scrubby at all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't choosing what tournament you're most likely to win in fall under the playing to win philosophy? All Inui is doing is maximizing his chances. That's not scrubby at all.
Yup. Which is why going to an MK-banned event sucks for me. My other main is Snake, and his best positive is taking out MK, so I won't do as well with Olimar/Falco/Dedede running around ******.

I can just host my own events whenever I want. They are large and amazing. I'm a known good host.

XienZo

Smash Lord
That'd actually depend on how many tournaments there are of each. Right now, there are plently of alternate MK legal tournaments. However, if in the future, that number decreases, you might increase your chance of winning a tourney, but you also decrease the number of tourneys you could win overall. There's a point where choosing one is better than the other.

And I incorrectly assumed Inui wouldn't be going to any tourney instead of just going to a MK-legal one instead for that time period.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Inui you do know that all of us who plan to be there have already planned to pick Sonic as soon as you face us right? You are obviously ****ed. :p

You're going to need to start running some of those Sonic banned tourneys.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This one tournament, back in like 2004/2005ish, Wife lost to some Jigglypuff at a UMD tournament, and we just made everyone who ever played the guy again use Sheik. Good times.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You always have your secondary to brush up on and either way, your skill will be what matters yes?
My MK is slightly better than my Snake and my Snake specializes in beating MKs, so I'm much worse off in an MK-banned tournament.

Also, what part of me having no desire to ever support a tournament where MK is banned did you people miss? It's not happening.

Inui you do know that all of us who plan to be there have already planned to pick Sonic as soon as you face us right? You are obviously ****ed. :p

You're going to need to start running some of those Sonic banned tourneys.
lol I **** Sonic now.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That was Hylian doing it without performing the fast fall right.

This is being tested by a lot of people at this point, and I haven't seen anyone come back and say "actually, you can roll".

Heck, someone (it looked like a japanese video) has already released a video of Sheik performing the technique.

cman

Smash Ace
That was Hylian doing it without performing the fast fall right.

This is being tested by a lot of people at this point, and I haven't seen anyone come back and say "actually, you can roll".

Heck, someone (it looked like a japanese video) has already released a video of Sheik performing the technique.
Is this supposed to be a death combo? It looks like it ends at the end of the stage.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can you get a smash out before he can recover?
Yes, but there are better options, like glide toss > smash, or dash attack > air attack, or land the dair > uthrow nana, uair/fair.

Is this supposed to be a death combo? It looks like it ends at the end of the stage.
It is being looked into, we know against some characters at this point that it can be reversed, which characters specifically is unknown. We also know you can cause a trip off the stage into a dair, how often this can happen/against which characters is unknown (confirmed against Snake though). That being said, if you start from one side of the stage to the other, and neither of these things work (reversal/spike) then you can still do any number of finishing combinations which should equate to roughly 50%-60% damage.

RDK

Smash Hero
In fact, if you're just naturally good at tech chasing, a competent Diddy can be even more annoying than Metaknight can ever be.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Its rathr easy if you think about it. have a banana in hand when the opponent trips on the 2nd banana.
happens rather often too.
The problem is the distance between your opponent and yourself when he trips. You would almost need to call his trip to be at the right position at the right time before he rolls away~ Situational at best imo, but we'll see.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I've been seeing all over the boards alot of freaking out over the single banana lock. I want to see this being utilized in tournament to effectivenes first though.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
meh, we probably should require it to be like 66% in favor of a nerf for it to happen, otherwise the SBR should have a write to veto any decision

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The problem is the distance between your opponent and yourself when he trips. You would almost need to call his trip to be at the right position at the right time before he rolls away~ Situational at best imo, but we'll see.
Everything Diddy does is situational. But calling Diddy's playstyle situational in Brawl is like calling it a Melee playstyle. Since in Melee you just made up combos as they went along.

The way I see it, infinite drillshining with Fox wasn't banned in Melee, so neither will this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom