• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CO18

Smash Hero
That's the thing, it doesn't matter if they're consistent -- All it takes is most of the wins for MK not being from M2K and DSF.

Go tally up how many were won by M2K and DSF and compare them to the win total.

What M2K and DSF really do is boost MK's rating because they win big tournaments with him. But winning a big tournament still only counts as one win. There are many other people contributing to MK having such a lead in number of victories.
Actually that does matter alot and yes they also boost mk alot because they win big tourneys with him.

Besides m2k an dsf,

you only see like dojo and inui occasionally winning tourneys with mk

salaboB

Smash Champion
Actually that does matter alot and yes they also boost mk alot because they win big tourneys with him.

Besides m2k an dsf,

you only see like dojo and inui occasionally winning tourneys with mk
Consistency of wins does not matter, a win at a tournament that's listed gets a +1 for MK victories. You never have to do it again to have gotten it listed.

Go on, tell me how many actual wins M2K and DSF have contributed that are currently being listed. It's a simple division after that to find out whether your 80% number is even close (Hint: They have to have a combined 40 tournament wins in the listed period as MK for it to be.)

CO18

Smash Hero
Dojo, KingAce, Clouderz.

Go Go Go!
Canada excluded!

Nah jp

Edit: Ok considering DSF and M2k go to tourneys every weekend and most of them are substantially big they conver ALOT of Metaknight's points in the character rankings thread.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
He does because he has an insane number of mains so he actually wins some tournaments. He isn't very good but I think he has the most number of mains besides MK and Snake. That is why I think he is too high even at his low position on the tier ranking.

Notice on the character threads, how he has 60,000 posts and the next highest have around 30,000.
Would just like to note that about half of the posts on the Sonic boards were made before brawl was even released, lolz. Everyone was in anticipation.

And sonic having an insane number of mains?!? lolol. There are like, 10 mains or something that actually place.

*deactivates fanboy mode*

I haven't followed the discussion in a while, but about the point on how come Snake doesn't have more wins than MK... isn't that simply because you actually have more/stronger counterpicks against snake? In fact, I think Snake wouldn't be performing nearly as well if he DIDN'T have a good matchup against MK.

Sorry if this has been argued before(probably), but reading through 284,034,701,358 pages is a headache.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
POWER TO DIDDY KONG! we ARE the only ones who can stop metaknight. Ninjalink will defeat them, he already defeated m2k several times. Once us diddy kong mains master using the platform on smashville, and making good use of z grabs on battlefield, it will be all over. Metaknights are just lucky we're giving them this much time to get slaughtered. Dont worry, ninjalink WILL defeat metaknight.

Ulevo

Smash Master
And yet EVERYBODY (except me) knows how to play MK properly.
No. Very few people know how to play Meta Knight properly either. It is just that due to how easy it is to play Meta Knight well, the cost of improper play almost always falls on the other player, since Snake requires much more effort to play appropriately.

Yeah Ally's too good, I play him on aib quite a bit.

Im ready for an Ally vs M2k showdown soon.
This. I don't care what the price is, or who has to pay it, we as a community demand the Ally vs M2K match showdown.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So Diddy will save us from MK?

Let's go DKC2. (my fav btw)

Edit: well, I guess it's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to play him properly.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
yes, i'm telling you all, diddy will be the messiah that will save the smash world from mk. We have just a little bit more experimenting to go on battlefield and smashville, but we are almost there, and when we do... well lets just say i think that ****** mk on 3 stages (he would have to pick 1) is fine enough. Mark my words, in a few months, diddy will unlock the secrets to total awesomeness and domination against mk. Ninjalink will then play the role of god, and everyone will tremble under his rule

DIDDY KONG WILL SAVE THE SMASH WORLD FROM MK!!!!!

XienZo

Smash Lord
yes, i'm telling you all, diddy will be the messiah that will save the smash world from mk. We have just a little bit more experimenting to go on battlefield and smashville, but we are almost there, and when we do... well lets just say i think that ****** mk on 3 stages (he would have to pick 1) is fine enough. Mark my words, in a few months, diddy will unlock the secrets to total awesomeness and domination against mk. Ninjalink will then play the role of god, and everyone will tremble under his rule

DIDDY KONG WILL SAVE THE SMASH WORLD FROM MK!!!!!
No, Olimar will. At least he has perfect camping. And you can't have domination without minions.

All diddy has are those bananas.

So, anyway, whats our current views on MK vs the CP system?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
That also doesn't prove that he break's the counterpick system. If your pro-ban, the burden of proof is on you.

That being said, anti-banners: Prove that MK does not in fact break the counterpick system.
Burden of proof?
That would be if something was already set in stone. There isn't s the burden of proof is on both parties.

This isn't court and you're using the burden of prof incorrectly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so much to respond to....

I'm sorry but I really do not care about MK vs Sonic matchup, I didn't know Sonic counted as tourney-viable
funny thing is, is that if you take MK out, he gets like 5 times better... no joke.
What are you talking about?

EDIT: I should sig that and post frequently in the Sonic boards...
you totally should dude, it would be funny as hell and if you do it, ill do it too.
1. He does because he has an insane number of mains so he actually wins some tournaments.2. He isn't very good but I think he has the most number of mains besides MK and Snake. 3. That is why I think he is too high even at his low position on the tier ranking.

4. Notice on the character threads, how he has 60,000 posts and the next highest have around 30,000.
Don't half their posts have something to do with that steak meme?
1. he has the same amount of dedicated mains the every other mid tier character has. about the same as yoshi i would think.
2. that would be D3.
3. thats because you arent smart and dont pay attention to the character.
4. actually half the posts are from before brawl came out, half of the ones THAT ARE LEFT, contain steak of some kind, usually the winning variety.
Actually, three of his 6 wins are by a Lucario mainer, DJpwn I think?
DJbrownie, close though...
Just because non-broken characters can fit that description doesn't mean all characters that fall under that definition aren't broken.
"the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" Gin Rummy
Because MK counters Snake as well. Why? How? What? Because he's MK.
this is pretty true actually
did M2K really have to say that about Sonic? Now they're all going to come to this topic >.<
sho nuff are!
lol
And yet EVERYBODY (except me) knows how to play MK properly.
you should. there are a bazillion threads on how to beat him.
brinboy actually is getting smarter, i didnt believe it when he said it before, but he was for real and this post proved it...

No, MK is pretty much played badly too.
its me actually, Just coz i use lucario sometimes doesnt make sonics half wins worth any less lol
No, the fact that you are winning them in Australia makes them worth less.

Doublefix'd
notice how steak was first in that edit...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Burden of proof?
That would be if something was already set in stone. There isn't s the burden of proof is on both parties.

This isn't court and you're using the burden of prof incorrectly.
Burden of proof is always on the plantiff, pro-ban, to prove the guilt of the defendent, anti-ban. As a system of checks and balances, it is required that the party instigating the action supply the proof, while the defending party need only cast doubt. This is to prevent the not guilty from guilty verdicts.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Burden of proof is always on the plantiff, pro-ban, to prove the guilt of the defendent, anti-ban. As a system of checks and balances, it is required that the party instigating the action supply the proof, while the defending party need only cast doubt. This is to prevent the not guilty from guilty verdicts.
Burden of proof is based on the perception.

If innocent until proven guilty, then the proof must be made by the plantiff, aka pro-ban side.

If guilty until proven innocent, then the proof must be made by the defendant, aka anti-ban.

MK is accused of being broken, making MK the defendant. The pro-banners have the burden of proof. (in this country, anyway...
unless you're black.
) [badoutdatedjokes]

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Wrong.
The burden of proof is the result of when the defendant is automatically assumed to be innocent until he has been proven guilty. That is why there is a defendant and a plaintiff.
That assumption of innocence until proven otherwise is why the burden of proof falls upon the plaintiff.

In this case there is no assumption of innocence. There is no argument that has automatically been assumed to be correct until proven to be incorrect.
MK is neither ban worthy nor perfectly legal until either side has proven their argument and disproved the argument.

Again you are using burden of proof completely outside of its original purpose and simply using it to serve your purposes.

@marko: Wrong. This is akin t a scientific debate, not a court of law. A stage is not automatically assumed to be legal until proven otherwise, this is the same for characters.

Smash Master
Besided, burden of proof is on anti-ban to prove Sanke is a counter, since proban is assuming the null hypothesis.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Besided, burden of proof is on anti-ban to prove Sanke is a counter, since proban is assuming the null hypothesis.
QFT. Every matchup is assumed neutral unless advantages are shown. It's already accepted that every other character has counters. So right now the burden of proof is on the antiban to show that Snake counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom