• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
lol i love beating m2k in one or two matches in finals, then getting ***** after wards XD HIS metaknight should be banned lol jk XD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I just want to say, anyone that hasn't played M2K for at least an hour has no reason to ever want MK banned, and you really have no idea what the character is capable of. So if you want him banned and you haven't played M2K a lot, you really have no reason to want him banned at all.
Don't be silly. Even if we had no pro using MK he still wouldn't be bannable.
Just like we have no one using Fox to his max ability.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I just want to say, anyone that hasn't played M2K for at least an hour has no reason to ever want MK banned, and you really have no idea what the character is capable of. So if you want him banned and you haven't played M2K a lot, you really have no reason to want him banned at all.
yeah.....because there are absolutely NO other good MK's around anywhere at all.....please.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No, it was 180% on Lylat against Noodles' Snake via wifi.

The point was to show that no, MK is not as light as you'd like to believe.
You're so right Overswarm, your knowledge is endless. The 500 times i've died at 85% to snakes utilt, the dying to fox's usmash at 80, or rob's nair at 105, they are all completely disregarded because you survived a snake uair at 180%. You redefined the weight of the character via this one match, you are a god among men Overswarm.

XienZo

Smash Lord
You're so right Overswarm, your knowledge is endless. The 500 times i've died at 85% to snakes utilt, the dying to fox's usmash at 80, or rob's nair at 105, they are all completely disregarded because you survived a snake uair at 180%. You redefined the weight of the character via this one match, you are a god among men Overswarm.
Ironically, that comment is absolutely true if we can find a way to do that reliably.

Edit: it just dawned on me that Snake's uair might have an uber sourspot.

CO18

Smash Hero
Hmm Im not sure Ive survived a snake up air beyond 150% with Dedede and My Vertical DI is amazing not to mention Dedede is the hardest character to kill vertically.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie, I had a pretty good laugh over this.

And for the record, I'm going to test later as to whether or not Meta Knight can actually survive a Snakes Uair on Lylat at 180%. I really do not believe this is possible. Was this Uair or UTilt, I don't remember?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ill make a reply later Ulevo I have to go to school. I am in a greement with most of what you said but the point of what I am saying, is that the experience of a pro players does not always justify what they say.

For example, I was playing as Sonic on Yoshi's Island.My opponent (snake) would set up mines, c4, grenades.
So for the entire match I would just abuse the invincibility of my spindash and he would get wrecked simply because he really didn't understand how I was going through his grenades, mines and c4 s easily.

Throughout the entire match he had no clue what was going on simply because he was stuck n the idea of me spindashing. In the heat of the moment you don't always notice the small things so saying that experience justifies an argument doesn't work.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ill make a reply later Ulevo I have to go to school. I am in a greement with most of what you said but the point of what I am saying, is that the experience of a pro players does not always justify what they say.

For example, I was playing as Sonic on Yoshi's Island.My opponent (snake) would set up mines, c4, grenades.
So for the entire match I would just abuse the invincibility of my spindash and he would get wrecked simply because he really didn't understand how I was going through his grenades, mines and c4 s easily.

Throughout the entire match he had no clue what was going on simply because he was stuck n the idea of me spindashing. In the heat of the moment you don't always notice the small things so saying that experience justifies an argument doesn't work.
Lies! You're just running away! I win! Bwahahaa!

That aside, *cough*, I agree that not everything an experience player does is justified by what they say. We as humans, regardless of what heirarchy, are not always right, and do not always justify are physical or verbal actions. I am merely pointing out that to utterly ignore an experienced player completely, or disagree without very significant reason the opinions of those who are more experienced than you, is flat out wrong, and has occurred in multiple circumstances over the last little while. Actually, it occurred just a few moments ago when gantrain05 decided to foolishly post. :chuckle:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Lies! You're just running away! I win! Bwahahaa!
:(

That aside, *cough*, I agree that not everything an experience player does is justified by what they say. We as humans, regardless of what heirarchy, are not always right, and do not always justify are physical or verbal actions. I am merely pointing out that to utterly ignore an experienced player completely, or disagree without very significant reason the opinions of those who are more experienced than you, is flat out wrong, and has occurred in multiple circumstances over the last little while. Actually, it occurred just a few moments ago when gantrain05 decided to foolishly post. :chuckle:
it made me facepalm. I do agree that experienced players should not be bashed or ignored.
What I do not like is if someone pulls the "I am better than you, Ia m better known, therefore your argument is null." Such behavior is elitist and self defeating.

cman

Smash Ace
I suppose i should have said this earlier, but Inui being one of the main spokesmen for the anti-ban side makes it seem much less credible. I can't exactly pinpoint why that is so.

Did the sbr comment on the MK vs snake match up, to anyone who might know?

Also, it might be wise to move the sbr discussion to tactical, and then lock it. It would be much appreciated.

Ulevo

Smash Master

it made me facepalm. I do agree that experienced players should not be bashed or ignored.
What I do not like is if someone pulls the "I am better than you, Ia m better known, therefore your argument is null." Such behavior is elitist and self defeating.
That mainly occurs because the experienced get tired of dealing with the baggage that comes along with the inexperienced when they make foolish claims. There are a few exceptions where professional players are just completely arrogant and self justified, but I'd argue that is them as a person. Most SBR members likely play the elitist card when push comes to shove, because they don't like babying every member here that plays stupid all the time. When someone with less experience makes a legit claim, they may not have the patience to deal with it. That's how it is.

I'm no professional (yet, :p), but I too get tired of very similar circumstances, to a point where I simply do not wish to cope with the situation logically or intelligently at all, even if I can, because it feels like a waste.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
it is understandable but then when cases come where it should be addressed logically,t they get blown off and considered as bandwagning. That damages the opposing side and in this case, on whethr MK gets banned, you can't risk missing something.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I suppose i should have said this earlier, but Inui being one of the main spokesmen for the anti-ban side makes it seem much less credible. I can't exactly pinpoint why that is so.

Did the sbr comment on the MK vs snake match up, to anyone who might know?

Also, it might be wise to move the sbr discussion to tactical, and then lock it. It would be much appreciated.
That's probably because you don't like Inui. :p

Also, I agree with this idea. I think it would be very beneficial to the public community to feed off of the information that was compiled within the SBR.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Ulevo and Shadowlink, you two talk way to ****ing much XD, especially when the last five posts were wordy versions of "I concur".

Also: Inui is Inui. It's best to just filter everything he says into "No bull****" mode and pick out the legit part through the elitism. He usually makes decent points, he just burries them under stuff.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ulevo and Shadowlink, you two talk way to ****ing much XD, especially when the last five posts were wordy versions of "I concur".

Also: Inui is Inui. It's best to just filter everything he says into "No bull****" mode and pick out the legit part through the elitism. He usually makes decent points, he just burries them under stuff.
Well, I'm at work half the time I'm on these boards. I have to be productive some how. :p

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

^This.

It's possible to be an *** and make valid arguments at the same time.

gantrain05

Smash Master
gantrain, there's proof for you to agree so why not just be RIGHT?
because if he was hands down THE BEST MK EVER, he wouldn't be getting beaten by DSF and ninjalink and there are a few others, but i don't sit around and watch youtube vids all day, and also i believe Azen has got one hell of a good MK also, but i've never seen the 2 play each other, im not saying M2K isn't rediculously good, but saying there is nobody else on his level is just not correct.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Bringing back some things.
Inui, Jesiah, M2K, and the MK boards should totally revise the MK-Snake match up now.
And Sonic is NOT 40:60 against MK.
I wish it was, it's not.
It's 35:65 MK advantage at best. >_<
If you tornado smart with MK, you can beat a sonic. Trufax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom