• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think squirtle does much better against ike than the other 2 do.

I don't see why ike beats squirtle at all?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Anyways... People saying the burden of proof is on the anti-ban side are clearly wrong. MK is in the game and legal almost everywhere. It's up to pro-ban players to prove he's broken.
i cant believe im agreeing with inui right now...

this thread is useless now, we've established what we originally was sought after no? 3 to 1 ratio
it was closer to a 70 to 30 (2 and a third to 1) ratio

XienZo

Smash Lord
Anyways... People saying the burden of proof is on the anti-ban side are clearly wrong. MK is in the game and legal almost everywhere. It's up to pro-ban players to prove he's broken. My match-up stuff was argued against, but not well at all. I read that "on paper, Snake wins," which is clearly wrong. It's the other way around. On paper, MK's tiny 1 frame and 1 pixel advantages make him win, but reality makes Snake win.
Oh, you don't know how far the community can go to exploit a "tiny" 1 frame advantage. 1 frame shines were a bit iffy, but we got to that. (although shines aren't affected by the opponent's actions)

Also, its not quite a stable matchup. Its not like Falco vs Kirby, where they both cancel out each other's strengths, but instead, MK has massive strengths on Snake's weaknesses and Snake's strengths are focused on MK's weaknesses. Any new way to exploit any of the weaknesses or reinforce strengths would upset the "balance" between them.

speadskater

Smash Rookie
Honestly, i don't think he should be banned. How else can people come up with innovative ways to play the "weaker" characters without the God tier. This question was asked about a year too early. Wasn't Sheik thought to be the top in Melee for the first 3-4 years? The game play of brawl is most likely going to change, and with that, so are the top characters (even though its a given that meta will stay on top).

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
4.Diddy Kong, on final D diddy can beat MK, so that doesn't really help when anybody who plays against a diddy bans final D anyway, any stage with platforms or obstacles will mess up diddys banana game (yoshi's island is a good example) and we all know w/out banana's diddy is not that great.
LOL, who are you, kid, and why are you still perpetuating this garbage?

Here's a list of stages I beat several Meta Knights on this past weekend at OH SNAP! v4.0:
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Halberd
Final Destination was banned every single time. And not even by Meta Knight players, mind you - but by everyone.

I don't even like Final Destination anymore.

gantrain05

Smash Master
LOL, who are you, kid, and why are you still perpetuating this garbage?

Here's a list of stages I beat several Meta Knights on this past weekend at OH SNAP! v4.0:
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Halberd
Final Destination was banned every single time. And not even by Meta Knight players, mind you - but by everyone.

I don't even like Final Destination anymore.
....wow you really don't know do you. thats the reason final D is banned is because diddys bananas are so incredibly broken on that stage its almost an auto win if your a good banana spammer. and who am i? who the hell are you man. give me the names of the metas you beat and show me some vids or im not gonna believe your crap. at least other people post vids of MK vs diddy on battlefield or yoshi's island. you just spew crap.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Do you even know who le_thien is? -_-"
i've heard of him....i just got carried away when he's giving me **** cuz he doesn't even know who i am, which granted i am from IOWA so alot of you really don't know me, but i do know quite a bit about this game and i just get tired of people discrediting me just because they haven't heard my name or seen me at Hobo11 or some ****.

and that hurts inui, your a brat too and you know it. and i still think ninjalink is better than him after many youtube videos of diddys i can say im most impressed with NL's.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Way to kill your credibility by asking for a reputable player's credentials, gantrain. It's like getting Azen in brackets and going "Wow easy match vs a scrub this round."

gantrain05

Smash Master

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Way to kill your credibility by asking for a reputable player's credentials, gantrain. It's like getting Azen in brackets and going "Wow easy match vs a scrub this round."
And then you get destroyed in the set.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
and that hurts inui, your a brat too and you know it. and i still think ninjalink is better than him after many youtube videos of diddys i can say im most impressed with NL's.
I guess I can be...but I'm not disrespectful to fellow top players at all. I have no idea exactly how good Le_THieN is, but he's obviously pretty good going by his results.

NinjaLink is obviously the best Diddy based on his vast amount of extremely impressive accomplishments, which includes taking out Mew2King twice. He has lost to very few players in the last few months. I don't see what this has to do with Le_THieN, though. NinjaLink being the best Diddy doesn't take away from the fact that Le_THieN is obviously, at the very worst, a dominant player in his region that hasn't proven his skill nationally yet. That's pretty good for "at worst" imo.

I love how I beat NinjaLink 2-0 in a recorded set but M2K failed. Haha @ Jason.

Actually, it was because NinjaLink was tired and playing not at his best when he faced me. In turn, I was also a rookie MK at the time, so I don't know what would happen if we played again. I like the match-up as much as he does. I'm going to guess that he'd beat me, though. However, that won't stop me from trying to win.

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh and btw, i've actually played Azen, he actually came to iowa visiting or something, and he actually was training one of my friends in the ways of lucario, and he's a god ****ed good lucario, we played a few friendlies and he didn't destroy me either, every match was last stock and that was a while ago, and i've grown alot since then. i'll get some reps from the wii sometime it was one hella fun night.

and sorry if i come across as a prick sometimes, i just get irritated easily on the interwebz lol, im really a laid back guy.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Tornado > Chillin.

Plank knows what I'm talking about xD.

So much for nado spam only working on bads. Though his snake isn't the greatest...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
....wow you really don't know do you. thats the reason final D is banned is because diddys bananas are so incredibly broken on that stage its almost an auto win if your a good banana spammer.
Wait a second. A Brawl Peach main from Iowa is going to enlighten me – an actual Diddy Kong main – on how supposedly "broken" Diddy is on Final Destination? And then he is going to proceed to call into question my accomplishments and qualifications as a said Diddy main?

Here's the truncated primer, kid: I have played with and studied Diddy Kong since the day Brawl was released stateside. I've done various, extensive research on many elements that contribute to Diddy's overall meta-game, and I usually report my findings and observations down to the most minute of details and with general enthusiasm.

Based on these facts alone, it is with the utmost confidence that I declare that I probably know a little bit more about the character than you do. Also, the fact that you are one of the many legions of mindless rumor mill river rats that subscribe to the ridiculous groupthink that states that Diddy is unstoppable on Final Destination really betrays the very important fact that you really haven't been keeping up with your research. That's all I'll say on that particular matter.

and who am i? who the hell are you man. give me the names of the metas you beat and show me some vids or im not gonna believe your crap. at least other people post vids of MK vs diddy on battlefield or yoshi's island. you just spew crap.
As far as this goes, I don't feel an ounce of obligation to supply you with either the names of these Meta Knight users or YouTube video links to the matches uploaded from this past weekend. My only aim here was to call out your lazy, secondhand statement about Diddy's superiority on Final Destination, and to stop that garbage myth from circulating.

Otherwise, I have absolutely nothing to prove to you.

EDIT:

what

and why would Port Town, an extremely broken and luck-based stage, ever be legal
For the sake of simplicity and to ward off potential headaches, I just went ahead and succumbed to the Smash Back Room's unruly list of wacky counter-pick stages for OH SNAP! v4.0. Hopefully some reasonable amendments will be made soon to that giant, haphazard list, otherwise I'm just going to start banning ******** stages like Distant Planet and Green Hill Zone on my own in future tournaments.

Anyway, Melee1 (Ice Climbers) counter-picked Port Town Aero Dive against me and switched to Meta Knight.

I proceeded to two-stock him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom