• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Counterpicks Against Specific Characters (Link current)

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
FD for me, i personally dont link battlefield against metaknight, since I find he is good at forcing u onto the soft platforms. plus his 2 best specials, tornado and shuttle loop go thru soft platforms. sheik also relies on the fact that even if MK is in the air he will eventually come down and that isnt the case in BF. Plus needling his tornado is alot harder on BF.

Only advantage I see in BF which is a very big advantage however is if u get MK onto the soft platform, tipper is too easy to get leading to very easy kills. also glide vanish on soft platform is good against aerial MKs.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Ha, no way! Rofl. How long ago was this? He told me I was playing his friends at one point. Was that you?

Anyway, I see what you mean about him having the upper hand with platforms. I guess it's a matter of spacing at that point, but why give yourself the added grief. MK seems to be more and more of a personal issue. He's VERY good at punishing weaknesses and adapting to playstyles which is probably what makes him universally hard to beat.

I guess ultimately he's hard and there's nothing we can do about it.

halberd lol. And that new star fox stage. Death for recoveries.
I think this was last weekend. Unfortunately, I hate Wifi so you wouldn't have played against me (my gamertag is CLUF and I always use it if I play). You were playing against some of the other guys who were over at the time though.

goodkid

Smash Lord
On a side note, the character isn't adaptive, the player is. MK has a lot of tools that can allow many mix-ups, but he isn't adaptive himself. Uh, vs MK, I can't say, I haven't fought any tournament MKs ._. Yoshi's Island isn't bad, @ least we have the wall jumps & clings.

Other stages for consideration
-Delphino(wall jumps/clings)-can't make or break the match though, but a plus
-Castle Siege(walk-off grab release)
-Pokemon Stadium 1 (room to breath)-but I'm sure it would be hard to kill @ this stage & recovering is much harder because of the ledge

Dcold

Smash Lord
My vote is for FD. It's the easiest for grab-release DACUS (since it's rare that a grab cannot become a grab release DACUS) and needles actually sort of matter there. It's also a decently large stage which means he'll have to hit you farther to get you off the stage (and by extension kill you) and it just gives you more stage to work with in general.

Neutrals in general are the way to go. MK is a much more adaptive character, so we should keep the stage out of the matchup as much as possible. FD and Smashville are probably the best. I definitely think Battlefield is a bad choice because of how small the actual stage is. One shuttle loop or Dsmash at almost any percentage puts you offstage (aka were you can be gimped).

I'm honestly of the opinion that large horizontal blast zones mean little in this matchup. Since we're so easily gimped, even if we do survive because of a larger offstage area, it's unlikely that we'll get back to the stage.

Oh, and ban Rainbow Cruise. At least give yourself a chance when they CP...
Against metaknight definately chose FD. Grab release to DACUS is un-interfered with by any playforms or anything of the sort. Forces metaknight to approach you one way, and not giving him many options. You can needle camp eisier on this stage aswell. Definately ban Rainbow Cruise. Metaknight is too good there, and youre helpless on his homecourt. If you ban RC then they really only have two options left, Halberd and Delphino. You have a better chance on those than you do on RC so youre giving yourself a chance. FD all the way

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
MK= SV as well (you can get a GR> DACUS there semi easy)

Link= Battle Field, Norfair and Yoshi's Island

Judo777

Smash Master
Against MK i would personally ban Frigate just cause if you fall off the right side of the stage at the beginning you are freaking dead. Also YI is a great MK stage. Lastly Delphino is also a good stage for MK because of the huge offstage area and it limits your recovery some. Also you cant use the chain effectively at all on this stage cause he can come from underneathe.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
don't underestimate link!! shouldn't be too bad since you can camp the crap out of him. His nair is suprizingly good in the air, it shuts down some of our options... but if you play defensively this match up is a breaze.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
FD, SV and Halberd is prob the best stages against MK.

...what are the worst stages a MK can pick on Sheik?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
worst stage versus mk? Um... Rainbow or brinstar.

I forgot to say. you can take link pretty much anywhere.

Dcold

Smash Lord
If you take Link to FD yeah it would be Ok. But Link can do his thing there. I think the stage is better for him in this matchup. I think Battlefeild is still the best choice since Sheik controls the stage to no end there. Second best stage to take Link to i think would be really any stage you feel comfortable, you really can take him pretty much everywhere.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I don't get why Norfair is a CP for MK_ You know he basically outprioritizes us in the air and offstage_ Norfair is basically handing him a win unless you are looking at using Zelda and playing much more defensively_

I'd say Frigate Orpheon for Link_ RH side of the stage hurts him alot more than it hurts Shiek due to his horrible recovery and fast fall_ You have more options here for kills than he does_

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I don't get why Norfair is a CP for MK_ You know he basically outprioritizes us in the air and offstage_ Norfair is basically handing him a win unless you are looking at using Zelda and playing much more defensively_

I'd say Frigate Orpheon for Link_ RH side of the stage hurts him alot more than it hurts Shiek due to his horrible recovery and fast fall_ You have more options here for kills than he does_
I agree, MK + Norfair= bad **** for us
MK + FD= best stage to take him too

Ooooooh, I <3 you
I like your opinion on Link.

Incurable_Necrophile

Smash Apprentice
This is in question?

Link's got no priority, and enough lag we can basicly have our merry way with him. If you can PS, just about any stage is good. But stages that screw with his projectiles are especially **** because up close all he can do is try to space.

Don't fall for taking him to RC. Rainbow Cruise is good for him.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
For Link, BF, Delfino, Siege, or RC IMO.

If you can put up with his spam, Halberd would be nice too.

You guys gotta quit saying Norfair.
A. Sheik is TERRIBLE on it. (especially in comparison to other characters)
B. It's banned just about everywhere.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Brinstar isn't a horrible sheik stage by any means. She just has way better options. some characters like meta can use the stage very well to counter her needles. but other than that most charatcers aren't mobile enough to deal with you there.

Halbred is definitely my fav CP. Battle Field is my fav stage over all. FD is probablly her best stage overall.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Norfair is only viable if you are going to play Zelda_ She has better options overall in comparison to Shiek imo_

I don't mind Brinstar as a CP_ It's an interesting stage against certain characters_

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Norfair is only viable if you are going to play Zelda_ She has better options overall in comparison to Shiek imo_

I don't mind Brinstar as a CP_ It's an interesting stage against certain characters_
you're right that stage is a good zelda stage. I've never really thought of that

Top Bottom