• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video & Video Critique Thread

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
It will be short lived.
I sign the papers for the military here soon. Once I ship out, I am forced to quit. I'm looking at 3 months of boot and then over a years worth of medical training. I'm going to be a physical therapist and I want to join a Marine regiment in Afganhistan and do my part in the war. I'll be the dude that you come to after you get your leg blown off form an IED.
This will be my life for 5 years... and possibly 8.

So I'm looking at the rest of this year and this coming spring... in which I will also be traveling to Europe. So yes, my Smash career is pretty much at its end. I wanted to do some more stuff with this game as a final farewell, and go to some tournies.

As far as I am concerned, I'll just approach it the same as I do when I go shooting, hunting, partying or just plain hanging out. If it doesn't work out, I'm hangin with the wrong crowd.

@Mike
*clears throat*
"Obama, you are just like Ganondorf; slow, predictable and your approach sucks."
We better be able to call or talk on AIM after you're done mending wounds for the day.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
We better be able to call or talk on AIM after you're done mending wounds for the day.
Yah dude I'll still keep in touch with you, and anyone else who wants to keep in touch with me. I doubt that I'll have the luxury of the internet all of the time though. :/
A phone, that might work out a little bit better, or worse. Over seas coverage might be puttin ah hurtin on el wallet.....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ankoku.

I'm not digging Izaw's sheik in game 1 game two he made less poor options.

Over all his spacing is really lack luster and his move choices I generally don't agree with especially in the air. He is playing sheik like she has links limitations. (a lot of nair on landing, not many empty short hop; but with sheik because of jab and ground speed you don't have to zone every landing) if he plays more and keeps and eye on that spacing. He'll beast out.

Some random stuff. ftilt->usmash use it to kill or to get damage only... by that I mean if you are going to usmash for damage hit with both hits. ftilt->utilt is the same damage (about) as ftilt tipper usmash. don't waste the decay on usmashes that won't get the extra damage espeacially when utilt always puts them in a better spot for you.

Okay... I'll be back~ bwahahaha....ha.

EDIT:
He uses nair really well as an OOS option and as a shield pressure option that's something to take note of and emulate IMO. Definitely out of sheild when you are afraid of a grab or some other random attack from sheild. Nair is her second fastest OOS option and is actually loads safer than a spot dodge or roll (though those do have thier place too)

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I couldn't tell anything much about spacing, because idk Sheik spacing fully, yet. I didn't like some of the decisions he made on his followups though. I think he just doesn't know the character well enough, there were times where he should have made a more aggressive followup and sometimes where he was too aggressive aka the combo that cost him his first stock. Don't want to turn this into a Izaw bash fest though, he did play pretty well. He punished air dodges after ftilt well, and the second match was just ****. And they were friendlies *shrug*

and lol at the end of your post, <3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Cross as far as high level Sheik play goes....it's non-existant or it doesn't get recorded.

Neo and Light have one match each against ADHD and GNES, I saw <3 on livestream beat Chaz and do well against Raven and I think CO18's Pit...which weren't recorded, Judo has 2 sets against olimars up....one of them being Logic. Tristans set over Candy wasn't recorded, I think Scary beat Candy as well but wasn't recorded. Europe seems to think Biggad is good but i'm not impressed with him tbh.

Ankoku has a channel dedicated to friendlies and has hundreds of matches up. He seems to get every matchup as well so you can check those.

You could make a new video thread but there isn't much to put in it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
that was a year ago I played chaz I think.........

I forget my camera when I do bring it I forget to record. I'm attending NNL Renki get on me about recording I'll record your matches too. (Renki is so good.)

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Hmmm true. Dunno, I guess I could just update this video thread with the new videos. I actually already sent a PM to Ankoku asking about it :p Guess I was too hasty in my actions. I hope nobody minds, if so I will back down. Maybe if a new video thread is made, people will want to get more videos up? It might have a psychological effect lmao.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh spacing... watch the 1st video in like 5 minutes gonna try and post stuff about the spacing with times.
falcon should get standing shield grabs on any character really.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
<3, making me so hyped to watch some Renki matches now. Yeah I watched the 1st match, advice about spacing would be great.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
that was a year ago I played chaz I think.........

I forget my camera when I do bring it I forget to record. I'm attending NNL Renki get on me about recording I'll record your matches too. (Renki is so good.)
whenever you say you're gonna bring your camera to record I never get excited. I literally can't tell me how many times you've said that and then wait for your vids and then you say

' oh **** I brought my camera but forgot to take vids lul'

or

'oh **** I thought I brought my camera but really forgot lul'

lol <3 it's all good though, your advice is good enough :) lmao

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
doneskiis.

I'm on skype if people want to chat it up... I'm bored. We can get a sheik room going.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
@Ed With you and Renki both reminding <3 to record, I'm sure we'll have some videos up. And <3 has also gotten me pretty hyped to see your Zelda in action along your Sheik, so watching some vids where you play both would be amazing. Saturdays going to be a good day.

Judo777

Smash Master
@Ed With you and Renki both reminding <3 to record, I'm sure we'll have some videos up. And <3 has also gotten me pretty hyped to see your Zelda in action along your Sheik, so watching some vids where you play both would be amazing. Saturdays going to be a good day.
Ed you still owe me those zelda dittos for sheik/zelda supremacy!

Judo777

Smash Master
Oh you got it! I haven't forgotten lmao!

I go this, first chance I get to go to MW I'm gonna find ya!

Although I seemingly lose every Sheik ditto lol.
Thats cause sheik dittos are ********. Thats why we are doing zelda dittos instead.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Yeah Sheik dittos are pretty ********...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GD2BrZKxpc

Is the Light in this video the same Light from Texas? I mean going from US to Europe is rare but Orion did so... so I wouldn't count out the possibility. Also there seem to be some pretty good European Sheik vids out there, even if I started a new video thread, it wouldn't be completely void of videos.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Start a new video thread man. I'm sure nobody would have an issue with it, only thing is you have to stay committed and not leave the boards after 3 months lol.

Edit: lol they don't know how to DI their own tilt lock lol too good.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
The only reason I haven't is because I want to get East's permission first, but if everybody thinks that he wouldn't mind and it'll be fine then I'll just go ahead and do so. I'll most likely just take over this thread, Ankoku will just make one of my posts the new OP, or at least that's what I think he's doing

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
they gave up so many kills... like they don't know usmash kill percent... made me mad watching that. ftilt, dsmash and fsmash were like the only moves used.

EDIT:
Oh and usmash.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind Sheik dittos if there's a two ftilt lock limit otherwise they take about as much skill as Falco dittos.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm not at the tourney so I'm gonna miss Renki's and Ed's first matches :/ I think I'm gonna be there within the hour though...... I'll post up my seriouslies cuz registrations closed and I won't be entering... I'll also post some of their match videos with any luck.

@Above poster:
I like that sheik. my biggest suggestion is more needles I guess? and play more? I'll come back and take a deeper look at it when I have time.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
recorded A BUNCH of renki during so friendlies after the tourney... He didn't record me though...

but yeah so Renki versus GDX will be up. Me versus Bebop (A wario who was ****** my sheik... I lost our set)

and Renki versus someone else... I forgot who but I'll remember after I see the videos

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I can't wait <3 for those vids, and also Kilik, I'll post my comments on your matches later. Idk Sheik well enough to give a critique but I can give you general gameplay advice which you are still lacking.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
recorded A BUNCH of renki during so friendlies after the tourney... He didn't record me though...

but yeah so Renki versus GDX will be up. Me versus Bebop (A wario who was ****** my sheik... I lost our set)

and Renki versus someone else... I forgot who but I'll remember after I see the videos
I was sitting right next to you. You could've nudged me to record a match or two. :p

Judo777

Smash Master
If I can't beat Ed's Zelda, clearly I have a lot of kinks to work out.
That's not true at all. How many good Zeldas have you played? Ed is definitely one of the best sheiks. He knows sheiks weaknesses and her strengths and he knows zelda so he has quite an edge on you in that MU.

Also no worries my Zelda will be beating Ed's when we finally meet :) lol

Renki

Smash Journeyman
That's not true at all. How many good Zeldas have you played? Ed is definitely one of the best sheiks. He knows sheiks weaknesses and her strengths and he knows zelda so he has quite an edge on you in that MU.

Also no worries my Zelda will be beating Ed's when we finally meet :) lol
Beyond Ed, there really aren't any good Zeldas in FL, haha. I've played him enough that I should know what to do in the matchup though. I still played rather poorly.

I also use Zelda as well. Not to the extent and mastery as my Sheik, but enough that I know what she can do and how she should be played.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Judo is right, I know both characters in and out whereas your Zelda knowledge may be less than mine so I definitely have an edge in the MU. <3 and CRSN had about the same luck as you when we played lol.

Judo, I will get you! :awesome:

Judo777

Smash Master
Beyond Ed, there really aren't any good Zeldas in FL, haha. I've played him enough that I should know what to do in the matchup though. I still played rather poorly.

I also use Zelda as well. Not to the extent and mastery as my Sheik, but enough that I know what she can do and how she should be played.
But if he is the only zelda you have played then everytime you play him he you are still learning zelda mean while he gets to learn you cause he already knows sheik. Hes a step ahead of you in experience and the only way to expect to beat him is to play other zeldas or just get a whole lot better which isn't easy.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
True. No arguments there.

I guess I wouldn't be so bitter about it if I actually gave him a decent match. :\

Top Bottom