• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video & Video Critique Thread

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea try forcing yourself to play really campy with Sheik....I know it's hard cuz she's so fun and fast and you want to just go balls out but you have to realize if you do so u usually will be *****.

make it a point of emphasis to play really gay from now on;)

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
full hop your needles. its soo annoying to your opponent they dont know if your going to throw them or just playing with their head. more ftilt please. and tech chasing . and if you have a decay of 2 on your ftilt when they are at 105 then you get a free usmash.

also

@Ankoku
i watched your tourney set on your youtube. and saw that you were practicing dacus during a match... IWASLIKEWTFJKLSDJFKLSDJKL!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
OK. Wow. A lot to critique on. I suppose I'll edit this post with critiques as I watch them.

Fl@me's Snake

0:25 - You had such a great juggle going, and right after that Nair I feel you should have followed for more. Needles still a nice, safe choice.
1:50 - 2:00 - Good job playing safe there when he didn't die from Zelda's smash. Snake can easily make the % back and kill after all.
2:20 - ftilt > dsmash at such low percent wasn't a good choice. Grab instead of dsmash there would have most likely led you to another juggling game probably dealing a lot of damage to Snake. Instead you ended up eating a lot of damage. Although I must say your survival was great and nice autocancel on vanish and use of off stage needles.
Your 2nd stock was a disaster. You became very predictable and couldn't regain control of the fight. Fl@me took advantage of this very well. Nice quick KO with Zelda though.
Your 3rd stock was beast. Basically all the right choices for vs Snake.

Overall great. Especially vs a Snake that has good reflexes with his nades.

More to come...perhaps.

EDIT: Fail.. I actually missed the part where you separated the vids. Thought that was all you. Either way a critique is a critique. Tutu is pretty beast tbh.

J4pu

Smash Champion
if you use zelda to star KO them, make sure they actually die before switching back to sheik, I mean you have all the time of them floating in the background to transform, you won't get punished.

also was it known that if you die as zelda you keep all your needles that you saved up as sheik?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Placeholder for now

Running out of time between classes, so I'm putting this here for now. Will finish update after class.

Wario

Wolfric v. Wilton 1 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Wilton 2 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Wilton 3 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Wilton 4 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Wilton 5 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Wilton 6 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris *~New~* [url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=659v54XU0fk]Ankoku v. Omniswell 1 *~New~*

Ankoku v. Omniswell 2 *~New~*
Tutu v. Iris 1 *~New~*
Tutu v. Iris 2 *~New~*
Tutu v. Iris 3 *~New~*
Tutu v. Iris 4 *~New~*

Metaknight

ScaryLB59 v. RedHalberd 1 *~New~*
ScaryLB59 v. RedHalberd 2 *~New~*
DMT v. Paco *~New~*
Stealth3654 v. Seibrik *~New~*
DMT v. Jtails *~New~*
Ankoku v. Judge 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Judge 2 *~New~*

Ike

Ankoku v. Renegade 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Renegade 2 *~New~*

Snake

Ankoku v. Mark *~New~*
DMT v. Paco *~New~*
ScaryLB59 v. radiX 1 *~New~*
ScaryLB59 v. radix 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Renegade 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Renegade 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Renegade 3 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 3 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 4 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 5 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 6 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 7 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 8 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 9 *~New~*
DMT v. Jtails *~New~*
Ankoku v. MC *~New~*
Ankoku v. Boxxy *~New~*
Tutu v. Fl@me *~New~*

Falco

DMT v. Paco *~New~*
Ankoku v. MC *~New~*
Tutu v. Fl@me *~New~*

G&W

Wolfric v. Lindo 1 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Lindo 2 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Lindo 3 *~New~*
Wolfric v. Lindo 4 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Sumer *~New~*
Ankoku v. Needle of Juntah *~New~*

Fox

<3 v. Virgman 1 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 2 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 3 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 4 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 5 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 6 *~New~*
Ankoku v. MC *~New~*

DK

<3 v. Virgman 1 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 2 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 3 *~New~*
<3 v. Virgman 4 *~New~*
Tutu v. ? *~New~*

Olimar

Ankoku v. Rob 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Rob 2 *~New~*
Earth v. Brood *~New~* [Japan]
Tutu v. Coco 1 *~New~*
Tutu v. Coco 2 *~New~*

DDD

Ankoku v. WTP *~New~*
DMT v. D1 1 *~New~*
DMT v. D1 2 *~New~*

Kirby

Ankoku v. WTP *~New~*
Mars v. Colus 1 *~New~*
Mars v. Colus 2 *~New~*

Wolf

Ankoku v. Sumer *~New~*

Diddy

Ankoku v. fZk 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. fZk 2 *~New~*
Neo v. ADHD *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 3 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 4 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 5 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 6 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 7 *~New~*
Ankoku v. SauceBoss 8 *~New~*

Lucario

Ankoku v. MC *~New~*

Peach

Ankoku v. Mikey Lenetia 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Mikey Lenetia 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Mikey Lenetia 3 *~New~*

IC’s

Ankoku v. Iris 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris 3 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 3 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Lain 4 *~New~*

Marth

Ankoku v. Iris 1 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris 2 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris 3 *~New~*
Ankoku v. Iris 4 *~New~*

ZSS

Snakeee v. SFP 1 *~New~*
Snakeee v. SFP 2 *~New~*

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Annnnnnd

UPDATED

I cringed every time I saw one of Ankoku's posts with videos. It's never 1 or 2, it's like 12. Good stuff either way. Now I have to worry about Project KiA for the time being.

Also, I changed your name reference DMT

-Mars-

Smash Hero
East good stuff but take down Villi's vids.....he removed them like a year ago lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol afro thunder i'll give you a real critique tonight, we're not that mean to people lol. I'll edit this post in a couple hours.

HelpR

Smash Ace
haha oh wow. Love the hyperactive ninjas.

Not a sheik main however, so the only real advice I can give you is to never attack your opponents shield with an aerial, especially if you end the attack by landing in front of them. this especially applies to snake, due to the nature of his grenades, since they drop when he shields. Past that, try to camp more using needle storm, probably the best tool sheik has if you want to play 'gay' though I dont know if you can outcamp snake using it.

Love the offensive sheik btw, dont see those often. lol Not the best for tourney, but still a joy to watch, unlike a certain ninja I know >>

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Love the offensive sheik btw, dont see those often. lol Not the best for tourney, but still a joy to watch, unlike a certain ninja I know >>
lol

Perhaps a tad overly offensive. If the Snake was anywhere decent such offensive style would've led to a nice, quick 3 stock.

Afro:

- More needles when far. No need to approach Snake. You have the bonus of blowing up any grenades he drops or attempts to throw at you right in his hands as well.
- Good use of grab, but when you see a grenade nearby, or if you know the Snake is currently holding one always either uthrow or bthrow. The other 2 throws will hit the nade and cause an explosion, whereas uthrow and bthrow will not.
- I saw a couple good cross-ups and some good pressure game, but overall you lacked mix-ups. One stock in and I was already able to read your Sheik completely.

That's all I can think of on short notice. Maybe more later

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
yeah after a certain level, a-trocity becomes "a-mazing"

im almost tempted to switch the color i use due to the embarassment it's currently suffering, but Mars seems to know what he's doing so all is well

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
yeah after a certain level, a-trocity becomes "a-mazing"

im almost tempted to switch the color i use due to the embarassment it's currently suffering, but Mars seems to know what he's doing so all is well
you think this is bad? These are the vids i chose to record so these are my good matches.

edit: oh and def hop off my color.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Green and black are my colors. Everyone else should just hop off. xP

lol rathy we should recorded them Sheik dittos. They were funny as all hell. lol @ me tryna fair stage spike you during your vanish. lmao Idunno how to fights sheiks :p

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I know! I planned on recording it, but forgot. I think my match against your sheik was the best I had all weekend. XD

Which reminds me. dmt wasn't able to ftilt lock to upsmash me once because I kept sding up (qcdi and cstick) while mashing jump. I always got after a few tilts. Could fox do the same?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'm petty sure it's a decay thing. The decay on ftilt has to match the % of the opponent. We were doing a lot more thna looking for ftilts at low %, especially me.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Dark Pch Sheik isn't bad, the fact he doesn't have a compulsive dsmash habit is really good. I just wish he would use the Ftilt more among other lesser things.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I don't think he plays sheik at all. I think he was just picking random characters to give me a fairer chance. lol And he was starting to use ftilt more towards the end. He was learning how to play her while we played.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So I just actually watch a few of your matches rathy against dark pch and blackwaltz mainly because I've played both of them online and offline and...

Throw some fricken needles man! You keep on approaching or retreating, Sheik burst range attack will make almost everyone in the game approach once you hit them with that 12-18% epic needle storm. Once they start to approach either throw them off balance and met them half way preferably in a favorable way or remain defensive and make them hit your shield or anticipate there attack and dodge it.

It's not a lot of fun trying to camping with Sheik but she has to remain pretty active in movement to do it cost effectively so don't worry you wont become a Falco or a Pit but once you get it down I think you will be much better for it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha, I can't play any other character in this game but Peach. I suck with everyone else. If I win with other characters it is cause I got lucky or not use to how I use them. Does not mean anything if I beat someone with others, for I'm bad with them.

I just try to use mindgames if I play other characters cause I don't know how to use them well.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So I recorded a few friendly Wifi matches tonight against a pretty decent Yoshi main, please give me your thoughts.

..Oh and about all the Fsmashing, I didn't mess up any dacus only to fsmash but I am playing around with using Fsmash currently to punish OoS, anti air, roll, and as a mix up after bair. I normally don't use it that much so don't focus too much on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDrexcQy-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67xREmpUiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhUCRvhzuw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5d98RW_1Y

Top Bottom