• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video & Video Critique Thread

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan_Win was fighting an peach, got mad and hulk out, beat the peach before the limit ran out, youtube it.

This video is of my sheik pretty much being super aggressive and somehow still kicking ***, personally I think the performance in this video is above my norm skill level but even so it's sooooo sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkG9QoxyqdY

I'm not really looking for advice just for people to join me in my gazing upon it's beauty

iLight

Smash Lord
i like that second kill, but honestly you go for that too much. I saw that you used it well in a lot of situations, but still became very predictable and kind of weird at moments. I know you didn't ask for critiques so i'll stop =]

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i like that second kill, but honestly you go for that too much. I saw that you used it well in a lot of situations, but still became very predictable and kind of weird at moments. I know you didn't ask for critiques so i'll stop =]

Well the main reason why I don't want critiques is because I'm usually really def with sheik so giving advice about my reckless overly aggressive sheik would be pretty pointless. She puts on a good show though.

I mean I only used the chain once in that video and failed in any of are other matches I used it 5 to 10 times if not more.

edit: Think of which I think the chain is really good against peach because even if they don't jump into the **** and pull a turnip to throw by just seeing the animation begin to yank it out you can pull the chain back and shield the object.

I don't have any frame data to back it up but I'm beginning to think you are 100% safe against peach with the chain...well unless you get hit by a utilt before you can get some space with the chain.

clowsui

Smash Legend
for some reason i focused on your dtilt usage since no one uses dtilt and i loved it lmaooo

you only used it after ftilt though and i can see why

/steals, will be helpful v. snake so that i hit his feet and don't blow **** up

edit: also liked your uses of the different dacus timings over wifi, great control

nice usage of vanish, abusing the fact that wifi has input and display lag haha...offline it's a bit harder of course

that sheik is basically me but with dtilt and nair, i never use those two moves when i should probably use nair more : (

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
=( you didn't add my video.

I think I did a great job pointing out some of peach weakness vs sheik.
Only known people's videos are added.

Please critique away ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17x2kqqPQxY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkU3F4R390E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpi_fBeunTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA7VfNmYC5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLiv6AMa3XY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YiNT3LmOrw

I didn't use Grab Release>>Upsmash 'cause they were friendlies, that's why I went the hard way hahah.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8htMIcNQsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfOb-80C8NA

Go ahead and critique away. I definitely need more vids lol.

Pointing out the obvious, yes I lost each of these matches but that's not important. Need to spot my flaws. My DI needs all sort of work. ALL SORTS OF WORK LMAO! RedHalberd has played me enough times that he knows what I'm gonna do when I do it; it's awful and I can't surprise him at all. It makes me sad, but anyone else I play never sees it coming lol.

EDIT: Looking at these again, I make all sorts of mistakes...o boy :chuckle:

Welp, critique away and hopefully it's not all bad lol.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Sexy Grab Release -> DACUS's, lol

As for not being able to surprise RedHalberd, he still ran up to you after you transformed to Zelda. He should have known Zelda/Sheik's respawn invincibility frames carry over after a transformation, lol

Too bad about the edgehog when you tried staying as Zelda. I'd probably stay a little bit farther away from the edges as her, since it's harder for Zelda to get back onstage than it is for Sheik.

Very nice matches. Even though you lost, they were still very close and suspenseful, lol.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
When using the chain I against a meta knight who on the ground I generally do the chain lock motions since it expends the chain almost as far as possible in front of you. From here you can counter things like his tornado and side B easier because you don't have bring the chain back behind you so you can gain momentum. Speaking of momentum instead of doing full circles with the chain try doing quarter, it's much faster and works really well when someone is behind you. To do quarters you can fling the chain out like you would normally be instead of rolling the stick around let it go back to neutral. The range is shorter but it can attack things much better then the chain lock motion can.

edit: love the matches though, you used your ftilt well and you used the chain. :3

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
*I'm already in there with a crappy match
Oh, and Tristan is known......

Onto critiquing: (I only watched the first two)
#1 STOP DODGING!
Sheik's best form of a dodge is a SH, FF air dodge. If you don't do that then shield.
#2 Don't jab like that in the middle of the stage. It is best used at the ledge.
#3 Don't decay your USmash like that.
#4 If someone is pressuring you at the ledge like that then jump into the air and throw Needle's.
#5 Poor use of DACUS.
#6 You need to grab release Wario.
#7 More Needle's, better use of them too
#8 More Chain

Pointing out the obvious, yes I lost each of these matches but that's not important. Need to spot my flaws. My DI needs all sort of work. ALL SORTS OF WORK LMAO! RedHalberd has played me enough times that he knows what I'm gonna do when I do it; it's awful and I can't surprise him at all. It makes me sad, but anyone else I play never sees it coming lol.

(I only watched the first one.) I am pretty impressed.
All I have to say is more Needle's better Chaining, more f-tilt, saving USmash/DACUS, when he's at the ledge don't Chain, don't jab cancel into things that aren't legit and don't play Zelda (j/k).

stealth3654

Smash Lord

I'm guessing these vids are friendlies because the first match was lol. Also, the texture hack on FD really tripped me out for a few seconds since both of you were red. XD

Yeah, you really need to work on your DI. Every time you recovered onto the stage, MK would just dsmash you back out there and most likely killing you. If you see this coming, just DI up and you will live MUCH longer. If you want to practice DI, just play Snake. Either you don't DI and die, or DI and live. XD

I noticed that you have a spot dodge habit that the MK really used against you. I also noticed you tried to roll behind MK a few times too. When the MK knows that you are about to roll or spot dodge, you are going to eat a dsmash or fsmash. Also, I saw you constantly try to spot dodge MK's ftilt, which won't work the majority of the time.

One big thing that really messed you up was that you always seemed to air dodge to the ground, and you got punished heavily for it. When MK reads your air dodge, prepare to eat either a dsmash, fsmash, or nair (which are all kill moves).

You should use more ftilt locks. It can easily bring MK up from 25% to around 60%.

Mix up your game so you don't get predicted too easily.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks, all great critiques!

@stealth: I will do what I can with breaking those nasty habits of mine. They are very bad and as far as DI goes, I will keep practicing and take that advice definitely.

@saviors: yay for impressing you and don't worry, I can work with Zelda, just not straight up an down recovery lmao.

@Tristan: yes! Chain advice. Let the practicing begin and I'm glad you enjoyed the matches.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ed good ****. with a "y"

yeah your air dodges spot dodges and rolls cost you a lot of damage. mainly you spot dodges. just run away instead if you don't feel comfortable. nair or fair or even double jump in air instead of dodging into the ground, really anything is better. worse than hitting sheild with a poorly spaced aerial.

jab->short->grab it best for low percent damage, jab->short->ftilt isn't true which is why he was able to sheild ftilt and punish a few times.

finish ftilt locks with utilt it combos at way lower percents than fair. and sets up better for follow ups.

the rest was awesome. keep beastin.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks <3, the only reason I didn't use utilt more to finish s because he was DIing away from it so I had to change it up. Otherwise I will definitely utilt away.

No idea that jab to ftilt wasn't true. That is very good to know at low damage. I need to work on my avoiding if death so your critique Along with stealth's will go far in helping that.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
*I'm already in there with a crappy match
Oh, and Tristan is known......

Onto critiquing: (I only watched the first two)
#1 STOP DODGING!
Sheik's best form of a dodge is a SH, FF air dodge. If you don't do that then shield.
#2 Don't jab like that in the middle of the stage. It is best used at the ledge.
#3 Don't decay your USmash like that.
#4 If someone is pressuring you at the ledge like that then jump into the air and throw Needle's.
#5 Poor use of DACUS.
#6 You need to grab release Wario.
#7 More Needle's, better use of them too
#8 More Chain
I already stated I didn't use Grab Release 'cause I didn't want to on him, friendlies after all.

saviorslegacy

stealth3654

Smash Lord
You roll a little too much.

You played way to aggressively against Ike. All Ike did was space his aerials and jab when you get close, and you got hit most of the time.

I noticed that Ike liked to put up his shield when you approached him while he is on the ground. Every time he did this, it was a free grab for you, but you didn't take the opportunity most of the time.

Don't air dodge into Ike. He will punish you with an up smash most of the time. Instead, you can fast fall nair to hit him out of his charge, or DI away from him.

You used a little too many rapid jabs, and got punished for it some of the time.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
All Ike did was space his aerials and jab when you get close, and you got hit most of the time.
Welcome to playing Ike's. If they're not playing like that, they're Doing it Wrong

I thought he played pretty smart. Sure theres a few wrinkles to iron out, but nothing too noteworthy. [Though I will say it did feel like he had a pretty good grasp on what Ankoku was thinking in terms of his next step]. I thought that Ike predicted really well.

Then again, I'm still alone in my thinking that Ike is at a slightly advantage when playing Sheik.

saviorslegacy

@Ankoku

• Not enough juggling.
  • Sheik can abuse the platforms. Even though Ike can utilize Bair, Sheik still has the advantage here.
  • You are spending to much time worrying about his jab. You should be running in, power shielding and setting up juggle traps.
  • When you do run in you waist it with a DA.
  • More chain at the ledge, and more Chain period.
  • Way more Bair.
  • You aren't playing the ledge correctly.
  • You also utilize very few of Sheiks tricks.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
...Ankoku why you posting videos of someone else sheik?

Your sheik is much better then that.
ummm 1. That is Ankoku's Sheik

2. The Ike is better than he looks, he got 3rd in that tourney while using Snake and Ike, Ike the most, the Ike also 0- death Lain's DDD with Ike first stock of a game, watch it on Ankoku's smash tourney vids youtube

saviorslegacy

Lol... Think Fluxus was right about you hahahah.
Fluxus is a f*cking idiot.
I was invited to this one clan xat by someone and a dude asked me if I mained Sheik. I answered "yes" and said I want to go pro with her.

So this one douche bag (Fluxus) started telling me how foolish I was for choosing a character that had no tourney potential to go pro with. He said he was this ****ing awesome pro and would own my ***. At first I thought I was talking to an internet n00b because I had never met a pro with that bad of a mouth on him.
So I started telling him that he is not a pro, he is an internet scrub and if he has won so many tournies that they would be recorded and on youtube. You could imagine how shocked I was when I found out that he was a good player.

Then he continued to brag on himself and was saying things on the lines of: "Oh what now since you know that I am a legitimate pro player."
So he continued to bash Sheik and ignored everything I said about her. He also said that she can only be tourney worthy in EU, but that doesn't matter since no one is good over there anyways.

I left before I said anything really stupid because idiots that are good are perfect for ruining a reputation. He is good player so people listen to him. It doesn't matter if his quality of person is any good.

To bad he is now trying to ruin me since I stood up to him and called him an idiot. Then again, he is proving how much of an idiot he is. lol, he'll probably try to beat me up when we first meet (wouldn't put it past him, people who act like they are on drugs will do all sorts of things).

:EDIT:
Here is his first post in the Sheik boards. Notice how awesome he is: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247883&page=4

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Fluxus is an average player who's at the top of a relatively weak region. Calling him a pro because of that is like giving a medal to an anime convention tournament winner - it really doesn't mean much.

saviorslegacy

Fluxus is an average player who's at the top of a relatively weak region. Calling him a pro because of that is like giving a medal to an anime convention tournament winner - it really doesn't mean much.
I was unaware that he was in a weak region.

What is probably the best region?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm pretty sure the best region would be NJ, although m2k moved the number of great players there and those who go to those tounys in that state is still pretty crazy.

I think it goes Nj, NY, VA/MD, FL? for east coast.

Top Bottom