• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hey

Why are you so jealous?

Don't hate on ninjas that love animals.

I mean when I played your fox I sent him on an express way to cloud service. At least you can be nice to us thanks to my favor ;)

I even faired waved at him wishing him a nice trip.
And with your weak bair to fair edge guard I am now in the leagues of Spamer and Eggm for spacies who got ***** by it :( At least I got some impressive combos on you with Falcon ;) Kneeing Sheik might be the most satisfying thing ever :bee:

And I'm jealous because I'm a former Sheik main :laugh:

fix'd
dthrowchar
LOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
And with your weak bair to fair edge guard I am now in the leagues of Spamer and Eggm for spacies who got ***** by it :( At least I got some impressive combos on you with Falcon ;) Kneeing Sheik might be the most satisfying thing ever :bee:

LOL
LOL come back to the dark light side :bee:

OMG WHERE is that post you sigged?

OMFG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t

LOL
Yeah, thumbs loves kneeing shiek so much, he does it to his own teammates... >.<

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
LMAO Dragon that **** was hilarious. Good thing it was just in a friendly against Jam and not in tourny LOL
No, in tourney teams you just go into hype **** mode and knee everything, i just happen to run away better, lol. That fair to double knee we set up was still so very epic. When i get my license back in july, you better have a room ready for me lol.

edit: i miss my posts, ct thread screwd me over yet again

thumbswayup

Smash Master
No, in tourney teams you just go into hype **** mode and knee everything, i just happen to run away better, lol. That fair to double knee we set up was still so very epic. When i get my license back in july, you better have a room ready for me lol.

edit: i miss my posts, ct thread screwd me over yet again
Does this mean you'll be coming over here for some smash? :D I just moved into a friend's place so you can come down whenever you want to smash and you'll have a place to stay.

soap

Smash Hero
lol, i remember DA making a website for brawl, and wes saying how garbage melee was, how u can only play four characters to win.

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Does this mean you'll be coming over here for some smash? :D I just moved into a friend's place so you can come down whenever you want to smash and you'll have a place to stay.
why yes, yes it does, i don't mind traveling as long as theres

A. Food, that is key. nom's must be had
B. Smash or some other competitive fighting game
C. Place to sleep if time allows
D. *****es, if once again time allows

pound3

Spife

Smash Master
why yes, yes it does, i don't mind traveling as long as theres

A. Food, that is key. nom's must be had
B. Smash or some other competitive fighting game
C. Place to sleep if time allows
D. *****es, if once again time allows

pound3
Why, I have all 4 of those things. We should make plans some time cause I got GG, SSBM, and Godzilla DAMM *nods* (WHICH SHOULD BE COMPETITIVE BUT THE FAT CATS AT HEAD OFFICE SAY NO)

OT: My sheik is really aerial based, is this a problem?

soap

Smash Hero
let me elaborate:

in general approaching with aerials is bad cuz sheik doesnt move well horizontally in the air and it is very easy to dash dance grab her aerials on reaction. Doesn't mean i dont approach with them, but be able to notice when they will be able to space it, and sh waveland back instead.

Aerials are better used defensively with reverse short hops, cuz in this manner you got them to commit into you, and aerials give you a safe lag free way to defend.

So approaching from the ground with shield, boost grabs, dash attacks, dsmash, wavedash tilts are generally more reliable. Aerials are good for pressure mixup once you are already in and have them commited to shield. Also running right up to shields then shorthop back spaced fair is a cool trick to catch sidesteps.

(Hope this helps, I finished testing and am bored)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The rule of thumb with aerial approaches with Sheik IMO is that it's amazing under the following conditions:

1) you will hit their shield or them
2) you will not be punished for hitting their shield or them

Approaching with retreating aerials is another matter entirely, however. Retreat autocancel Fair is a very good scare tactic for controlling space and you can often scare people into running into them if you approach with them carefully. It's hard to catch Sheik for doing retreat anything if you're smart about it.

Either way, you have to have a strong mix. It's bad to define yourself as one or the other because against anyone you'll need both. You tailor your offense to their defense and vice versa. It's okay to have a preference but ideally you can flow from one to the other seamlessly. Cactuar ***** me pretty terribly game 3 of our set for me not tailoring my mostly-grounded style enough to match his waveland-heavy air game. Zhu did the same only he was more aggressive about the ordeal.

soap

Smash Hero
Approaching with retreating aerials is another matter entirely, however.
its a trick. if u jump forward from a distance away they have time to realize you are in the air n run away.

if u run on the ground up to them they expect a grab or dash attack and will not run away and likely sidestep or jab. which u can jump over with backwards jump and smack.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I like it when people run away from me. It brings them one step closer to the edge.

edit: You are right, though, I do exaggerate how useful retreat aerials are.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hugarQ0qo&feature=channel_page

How do you outcamp a Falco on FD? I'm bad at it apparently. :(
GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

LOL

You just stood on the other side LMAO daaaam thats dedication lol.

In any case you can't outcamp (Well through pure projectile camping anyway) falco especially on FD. His lasers are a much more effective projectile than your needles. Mainly because he can auto cancel them and have them fly across the screen unlike needles.

There are a lot of things you can do. Falcos will DEFINITELY not approach you especially when you are the edge of the stage. Unless they just don't care or they are .. well bad lol.

You can throw some needles and all, but try to throw more than one needle at a time. Then at least you can have one needle clash with a laser and the other needle hits falco. Otherwise in a situation like that you are gonna get laser camped hard.

Also if you are getting laser camped like that start crouching. Its VERY easy to PS lasers that go above your head while you crouch. All you have to do is hit L once the lasers go above you. You can close the distance by WDing in and out or whatever.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It was a lulz match to see who was better at camping, he won lol.

Also, I tried to charge needles as you could probably see in my vid, but the lasers would hit me while I charged them and then I'd drop them. :( Looks like I'll just have to not try and outcamp Falco like all my other matches xD.

People go to my thread and watch my matches. They aren't anything like what that match is lol.

Cia

das kwl
spawn - i'll show you how to out camp falco :chuckle:

it's so fun when they come to the realization that their lasers aren't enough.

my methods do not work on FoD v. Falco. eff that stage.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, I feel confident about outcamping him on non FD. Platforms are ****.

R3N0

Smash Lord
spawn that 2nd match made me like cry a river. u dont have to out camp falco to win. and if u do, shino stall (AKA PLANKING) is > standing still.

Also you can charge needles on the edge. (press release edge and charge for 2 clicks, needle cancel, jump up b sweet spot(no poof)
btw u DROP under the edge. don't do release ledge immediate jump (b/c u will get reemed by lasers and or dair) needle charge into frantic up-b (where u can get ledge taken over)

thats how i beat eggm camping me.. (eggm camping > mogwai camping)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I was just seeing if I could outcamp him lol.

Thanks for that tidbit of advice though. Next time I want to outcamp him I'll know how to do it. :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec0, it's happening to me too. I don't know why but in tournament vs Hazzard, all I did was nair oos randomly. It worked the first match, then he started catching on. :(

Spife

Smash Master
Tec0, it's happening to me too. I don't know why but in tournament vs Hazzard, all I did was nair oos randomly. It worked the first match, then he started catching on. :(
I haven't played hazz in tourny in a while, but when ever I nair oos i got *****. ****ing low tierrrrrr

I'tsl ike 3:45 in the morning and i'm still procastinating :( Help me sheik boards

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You should have added FJ Fairs too you silly noob.

Spife, do your Nair faster and space it better and be perfect. Then you'll win sometimes but still lose often.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You right, KK, you right.

I love fairing right over people's shields and then them getting caught by it and being surprised and you also get a grab out of the deal. :D

I wish my first match vs Hazzard was recorded. I played ****ing perfectly. It was on FD, I was down 3 stocks and had 30 damage on me. Hooray for absolutely perfect techchasing based on pure reaction and adrenaline. I somehow managed to win that one... but lost the set. T_T That guy is too smrt(lulz).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I was down 3-1 vs Vwins and somehow won. And then somehow pulled another win out my ayuss again being down 2-1.

Also, I agree Spawn. Perfect tech chases are awesome.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Definitely the greatest feeling in the world. Especially getting perfect tech chases multiple stocks in a row. Too bad this rarely ever happens. :-/

CC'ing when fox doesn't tech is way too good. Cover's all options... until 99% where you can't cc everything. :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
At like 50+ I just dash away from him and then react. If he techs to me I can dash away again and then go back with dash attack or just let him roll towards my loving arms and grab him. If he techs in place or non-techs I can dash attack. If he techs away, I can dash attack.

Top Bottom