• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
soooo

I just realized that I rarely use moves out of Dthrow against high % FFers because I'm pretty confident with my techchasing. But then they DI properly and stuff and it's no fun. I'll dsmash sometimes vs CFalcon, but that's about it, I feel like I'm missing good options.

What works on different DIs and %s and is good against fox/falco/CF?

Also, when does dash attack start to suck, and how often is run up dtilt a viable alternative?

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Also, when I hard read a charged Usmash on a tech in place and it just gets CC'd, it's really annoying. Lately I've been regrabbing almost exclusively because of this, which is great when I'm reacting well.

The problem is, this style really incentivizes your opponent to tech in place alot, because you aren't hard punishing it at all. And because tech in place is harder to react to and leads to some pretty bad punishes when you screw up, it sorta sucks.

idk I think I just need to always be on point reacting at early percentages, but are there any other options?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
u-smash jab reset u-smash if they ground themselves a lot

after like 40 they can't be grounded from it if you get it during their tech iirc idk the actual percent though but it seems around there in practice

soap

Smash Hero
u-smash jab reset u-smash if they ground themselves a lot

after like 40 they can't be grounded from it if you get it during their tech iirc idk the actual percent though but it seems around there in practice
if u r near the edge u-smash jab reset dair dsmash > gimp is fun

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah I didn't understand it either.

I used to think about ways of trying to be Marth and B/F-throw them to a side of the stage (but without them hitting the edge) to get easier tech traps but she recovers too slow out of them and the KB is too high by the time it works so D-throw onstage is just always the correct throw.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
LOL i was just random posting didnt even know what was going on.

In singles b/f throw is ok chracter dependent of course and ya like you said d throw is almost always the best choice.

But in teams oddly enough b/f throw isnt that bad at times. seeing as its 2 of you covering options b throw grab the ledge and between you and your partner react edge guard profit. Pulled it off once in awhile for quick gimps and the results are nice. try it sometime :)

Low percents and mostly on really easy chars to gimp fox falco falcon ganon etc

which reminds me. I dont think people understand the importance of just garbing the ledge. Especialy in teams more so. Ends alot of bull****.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Actually, on Luigi is makes no difference because you can D-throw Uair him.

I'm thinking more like Peach. But... I dunno how you'd get a clean Dair on Peach. Well, or Luigi for that matter. But I poof KOed Pakman so I guess anything's possible.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Zoning and grab abuse ***** like every character with Sheik except like 2.

Depending on how slow they are, or how important it is that they approach you, you add varying amounts of needles.

Personal favourite with Sheik vs Luigi is D-throw > F-tilt > block > shieldgrab > D-throw > FJ Uair > DJ Uair > FF > Bair through their Nair and kill them. I'm kind of lazy now, though, so I often Fair after the first Uair in the FJ Uair and go for the jugular a bit earlier.

Hitting tipped U-smash through their Nair as they come down is hilariously amazing and probably the coolest, most spectacular thing you can do in the MU ever. Upon doing it, you can be like "FRAME PERFECT NIQGA" because the tipped hit is only out for a frame (this makes it painful to do and impractical in serious match). But when you get it, you can be like, "WHERE YOU AT?" and win the crowd with your hip, trendy WC commentary.

soap

Smash Hero
Hitting tipped U-smash through their Nair as they come down is hilariously amazing and probably the coolest, most spectacular thing you can do in the MU ever. Upon doing it, you can be like "FRAME PERFECT NIQGA" because the tipped hit is only out for a frame (this makes it painful to do and impractical in serious match). But when you get it, you can be like, "WHERE YOU AT?" and win the crowd with your hip, trendy WC commentary.
I went for the game winner with this in tourney and i got nair faired, edgehog upb'd and lost.

still won the set tho, so happy ending

nicaboy

Smash Champion
You can d air luigi pulled it off vs blea servral times in tournaments last weekend. The trick to it is to use it as move that if they challenge they get punished for it and if they dont your safe(linguini's ganon does it often with d air).

Of course tech reads and stuff but ya shouldnt be using it all that often. But you can

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This board is actually doing well right now. I'm proud of you guys <3

And yeah I know what you mean. I'm trying to figure out times to do it vs good characters but it's hard lolol.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If Luigi DIs our d-throw up, sometimes he can land on lower platforms such as the Battlefield ones, and then we can dair him for teching in place.

Edit: God ... why do I post such generic things? :ohwell:

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
^^^

Explain your's please =P

EDIT: But to be fair(lolpun), I just do a lot of empty short hops and then punish the opponent for whatever option they choose OoS. As far as combo continuing going...idk...too situational for me I guess.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Something I've been doing more lately is D-throw SH Fair > Nair against semi-floaty/medium fall speed characters like Doc (obviously at low percents). It seems to cover a lot of their options. You do the Nair right after your Fair in the same jump.

Idea is that if you SH Fair > Nair, the first part is just a true combo. Then, as you're descending, Doc hits the ground first. He has a few options there. Shield, not shield, etc. But since your Nair is late, you're totally safe if he blocks it, and can probably go for Nair > grab or continue pressuring safely. If he chooses to not shield, you just combo after the Nair. CC not too big an issue because the Fair sort of pushes him away so you "space" the Nair and you're doing it late, so he can't counter attack before you can block or whatever.

Kind of fun thing I'm messing around with.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i like the late nairs on a lot of characters, also nair to nair, but i have to try the doc thing.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Does anybody have any advice on how to deal with Jigglypuff in PAL?

It feels like I can do literally nothing but chuck needles at them if they decide to crouch cancel all day. I imagine it's a tough matchup in NTSC but without the NTSC down thrown and up-air she's an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Top Bottom