• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Probably.

When I played Eggm I didn't get 0-60'd or whatever. He just kept doing moves and eventually I got to a high percent and died. Should've recorded oh well. Lost 2-1 that set. :( BF ftw vs Falco tho.

In conclusion, PC is too good even when extremely rusty.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
His tech skill isn't incredibly amazing like Shiz's. He just has so much experience and he's smart so it makes a devastating dent in the Sheik vs Falco match.

But yeah, he did quit for good. Him and I just did like four hours of friendlies or something. He plays SF exclusively now though... except when I call him up and tell him I'm coming to his house. :p :X

soap

Smash Hero
i think it hadd to do more with who you were playing...
ya, u prolly just psyched yourself out.

man, new ash roth album was kinda disappointing.

finally got around to pirating it lol.

there were a few good tracks, but i thought the mixtape was better...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, i gotta pretty specific question here. (And Im too lazy to ask him himself)

I searched through looking to see if forward ever posted his flowchart for platform tech chasing and I cant find it. (Note: I didnt look very hard).

So, walk through this with me.

1) Im playing sheik.
2) Im being gay.
3) I grab and d.throw somebody, lets say doc for comedic value.
4) Doc goes up past the platform, he is going to land on that platform whether he wants to or not.

this is where my questions start coming up.

A) Unless im mistaken, your goal is to get on the platform BEFORE they land so you can chase, as opposed to landing WITH or AFTER and reacting, right? (Its basically the same thing, but it leads to my main question)

B) What is the option if they dont tech? Are you supposed to f.air them as you go up, or are you supposed to d.smash them for not being there. (Which again, depends on when you'd be jumping up)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
fair or uair are the normal options, you can dair too fi you do it fast enough.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
waveland onto platform + d-smash covers non-tech if you're doing that d-throw waveland onto platform + regrab stuff but it's pretty meh in terms of damage

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ok, i gotta pretty specific question here. (And Im too lazy to ask him himself)

I searched through looking to see if forward ever posted his flowchart for platform tech chasing and I cant find it. (Note: I didnt look very hard).

So, walk through this with me.

1) Im playing sheik.
2) Im being gay.
3) I grab and d.throw somebody, lets say doc for comedic value.
4) Doc goes up past the platform, he is going to land on that platform whether he wants to or not.

this is where my questions start coming up.

A) Unless im mistaken, your goal is to get on the platform BEFORE they land so you can chase, as opposed to landing WITH or AFTER and reacting, right? (Its basically the same thing, but it leads to my main question)

B) What is the option if they dont tech? Are you supposed to f.air them as you go up, or are you supposed to d.smash them for not being there. (Which again, depends on when you'd be jumping up)

A)Against Doc or say a character that will go very high from D-throw I'd say you can take your time. I don't believe landing before your opponent is of utmost importance. If you can land when they are about to tech that should be fast enough, since they have to go through all that flipping animation or whatever.

B) Against a character like say Doc, I'd say try to Jab reset at low percents. Against a floaty character like that I'd think you should have enough time to do it. At higher percents I usually just stand under my opponent and react to his moves depending on his action

1) Tech in place: Uptilt into aerial (This I believe doesn't work for DL64)

2) Techs the direction I face: fair.

3) Tech in the opposite direction I face: bair

If you have a relative idea where they might land you can also use rising FH dairs. It covers 3/4 tech options (no tech, tech in place, tech in a direction). I use it occasionally at around mid percents.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hmm.

So jungle and tec, both of you aim to wait and punish techs with an aerial.

And you KK choose to actually waveland on the platform with them?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat actually makes what im looking for completely different.

I appreciate the answers, though. Now I have to reconsider some things.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, the real reason why I was trying to figure all this out was because I was trying to see if I could do something like this for Doc.

What I've come to find is that there are alot more holes in this than expected.

Read: Sheik has dumb stuff going for her.
-rolls eyes- None of sheik's throws are effected by weight? Come on. XD

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
...-turns on gamecube-

Yeah, on yoshi's story if you're not standing on the inclined part of the stage -twirls fingers-

That still doesnt eliminate the fact that the dumb thing only hits people up if they're above, like, eyelevel. (Literally)

R3N0

Smash Lord
I like to chaingrab tech chase.. on platforms.. i land before they do so i cover all the options.. i land and block. no matter where they tech i can turn around and grab or if they get up attack i just shield grab.. on other occasions when i notice them not teching.. i will jump dair onto the platform setting them up for further homosexually charged sheik stuff.

soap

Smash Hero
on platforms just full hop rising dair.

dont fastfall it immediately and u can cover their tech + their nontech.

if they techrolled on the platform to make the dair miss, u can usually just lcancel and boostgrab them anyway.

dair combos the best.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Hey all quick question.

Is wavedashing a need for Sheik? Because it seems that all the videos I have seen of her the player rarely wavedashes.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
M2k and KDJ use wave dashing fairly often, so I would say yes.

It's very fast and covers a moderate distance, so you can only improve by using it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Drephen does nothing but wavedash back.

And D-smash.

Or sidestep(X) --> D-smash where X is a value greater than 1, less than 7.

He also sometimes grabs.

And Drephen is too good so Wavedash is probably useful but not as useful as D-smash.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
because her dash animation is so short that i cant see the spacing on that helping all that much more than wd back ftilt.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Well, you know, any approach where a pivot puts you out of danger and lets you punish with F Tilt? Meh, I can do it consistently and I'm hardly the most technical player.

*Edit* Yeah, I guess not, I've just been using it from old Marth habits.

Top Bottom