• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
it sounds like a good idea in theory, but where you can pivot ftilt you can probably pivot grab.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well, you know, any approach where a pivot puts you out of danger and lets you punish with F Tilt? Meh, I can do it consistently and I'm hardly the most technical player.

*Edit* Yeah, I guess not, I've just been using it from old Marth habits.
=(

Don't give it up just yet! Who knows, maybe there could be a good use for it. Its just atm I can't think of one.

IMO its just too hard to incorporate into my game. The precision I need for it is tremendous and its useful in some situations but in most situations pivot grab is probably more useful.

But, thats just my opinion :dizzy:

soap

Smash Hero
pivot dsmash is better than pivot ftilt. (also a lot easier to do)

only time i do it is if im dash dancing and realize they are gonna hit me and need to do a move.

Cia

das kwl
Why don't I see more pivot F Tilt. It stops like, everything, ever. That's hardly even an exaggeration.
because Ftilt isn't the safest thing, ever. the top players especially have a habit of staying in their shield just a bit longer than what is thought to be necessary. Because of this, it often gauges a response from your a opponent, which will usually be punished.

try to land more grabs instead of Ftilts. you will profit more :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
wait wait wait

how do you play this game?
By gimping like crazy.

With Falco you get hit once and it autocombos for a bit if they're a good player. Then you get hit again and you're at like 60 because of it. While all this is going on lasuhs are coming all over the place so you're at like 90 total. So, you're at a high enough percent where it's easy to get you off the edge... so you die. You try to double tech the fsmash while you're coming back trying to recover, but you're at such a high percent and you aren't Magus so you die. :( If the Falco dsmashes you laugh at them and then easily double stick it and proceed to not getting hit by Falco so you can gimp his ***.

Pivot ftilt is too hard. Tried to do that **** consistently for an entire week and I couldn't get it down. I wanna start testing out pivot dash grab with her. It sounds like a good idea. Thoughts?

Edit:

For the tech chase platform:
Lower percents I almost always go for the waveland grab (maybe dash attack if they teched in a direction and they're at like 50).

Higher percents I just jump up there head forward so that if they tech forward I can fair them and if they head backwards I can bair them and if they don't tech I can either weak bair/nair/(uair if they're high enough to die).

In conclusion, get peeps off teh stage. **** them while they off teh stage. They die, you get profit, and it's sheer win.

Kira-

Smash Champion
what percent does fox/falco fall over from dash attack?

what percent can fox/falco not CC dash attack?

what percent does a dash attack combo into itself?

GOD!

Smash Ace
I was expecting something like "quit life" but that's much more helpful..

No, actually I played against a good bowser recently. I realised that bowser has a good edge game verse sheik but basically nothing else if you space right.

Cia

das kwl
^ yeah, every character is good against sheik while she's off the ledge (much like CF). but god help them while they're on the stage.
-----

Sheik vs Kirby is seriously in her favor. if i had to put a number on it.. i'd 75:25.
I'm pretty good at the match up from the Kirby POV, so i can understand why someone who isn't used to it might have trouble. but you'll learn it quick. i'll give a bit more detail.

- be weary of Kirby's Bair wall. It's a lot like Jigglypuff's and it build's damage surprisingly fast. so don't charge in blindly.
- one grab = amazing things for sheik
- avoid Utilt, kirby combos out of it.
- if kirby absorbs your power, BEAT IT OUT OF HIM! his edgeguard game doubles. and he will chip damage you alot.
- if kirby waits at the edge a lot, he's probably just trying to SD w/ you. so charge needles. if you really want to win the match, you'll never approach. so always use the down time to charge needles.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik can't grab on kirby's duck so i can't really endorse the advice of grab --> grab because good kirby will constantly space bair and ducks to remove your grab almost entirely

instead i d-smash a lot it seems pretty good

soap

Smash Hero

who knows these percents?

they would be really good to know for my needle camp into dash attack spam strat

GOD!

Smash Ace
after you fair or nair on a shield, what can you do to make sure tehy don't jump out of shield and stomp/slice/hurt you?

Mew2king uses jab after fair. also dsmash seems kinda cool, mainly just cause its a great move.
What about ftilt? And lastly, is there any frame data for startup times of sheiks moves (which I'll use to find potential follow-up moves)?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
after you fair or nair on a shield, what can you do to make sure tehy don't jump out of shield and stomp/slice/hurt you?

Mew2king uses jab after fair. also dsmash seems kinda cool, mainly just cause its a great move.
What about ftilt? And lastly, is there any frame data for startup times of sheiks moves (which I'll use to find potential follow-up moves)?
Click soap. Go to his threads he created. Autocancel slap thread. and a few others are useful.

Sheiks pressure game:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228804

Uhh. The sheik random stuff thread by soap has a ton of frame data and is very useful too.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

This answer from me is kinda an estimate as I don't know the exact percents. Its also based on my interpretation of the question you're asking me.

1) Since I'm guessing that what you're trying to tell me is when can you dash attack to the point that the spacies are forced to tech the dash attack after they are hit (Assuming no CC).

I'd say around 30ish percent. Maybe mid 20s? Not 100% sure. Its about the percent I'd feel safer to use dash attack.

2) This is a relatively high percent, probably in the mid or high 80s if its that low. I'm speaking of course from experience. It could be lower but to me it seems unlikely.

3) With bad DI I'd say roughly in the 40-50ish percent area is the earliest. Of course you can't catch the dash attacks consecutively if your opponent DIs well.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Why are the Sheik boards so good?

Autocancelling nairs is amazing. Discuss.

I usually do that and then dtilt or if I spaced too closely utilt.

Utilt is also ridiculous. Noone knows how to shieldgrab it. ****'s crazy.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Why are the Sheik boards so good?

Autocancelling nairs is amazing. Discuss.

I usually do that and then dtilt or if I spaced too closely utilt.

Utilt is also ridiculous. Noone knows how to shieldgrab it. ****'s crazy.
Word is ACnairs are amazing until the opponent CC's.

Although I know little from experience.

ACslap to utilt is also fun.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
On shields it's basically like pillaring. Also, you can space ACnairs so you don't get *****... some characters are obviously too good that it doesn't matter if you space it.

I dunno, everytime I've done acnairs it's been beneficial unless I spaced it wrong or messed up the timing.

soap

Smash Hero
the full hop autocancel nair leaves a smaller window for shieldgrab/cc punishment because u fastfall through the hit unilke the short hop version.

short hop is actually easier to hit people with however. Best thing is to short hop nair and DI to the back of the shield

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Sheik vs Kirby is seriously in her favor. if i had to put a number on it.. i'd 75:25.
You really think it's that bad for kirby?

I mean, if anybody cares for like, 10 more cents about the matchup, if kirby's on the ground you MUST make sure he's not ducking if you want to grab him. He can duck a standing (or JC grab), ducks well spaced dash grabs, which lead to him d.tilting you if he's facing you.

____

But that's not what I came in here for.

I figured if anybody knows the answer to this question, it's going to be a shiek.

Ok, so i'm running across the stage. Bowser is running behind me (oh noes), I want to throw needles at him. What is the fastest way for me to turn around and throw needles on the ground out of a run.

Short hop turn around is not the answer im looking for.

Cia

das kwl
^ WD (out of the dash) > turn around > Needle

and Kirby can't crouch sheik's boost grab. and i thought i was being lenient when i gave my percentage. it's pretty **** bad. if kirby manages to get sheik's ability, it gets a little better..

=/

soap

Smash Hero
You really think it's that bad for kirby?

I mean, if anybody cares for like, 10 more cents about the matchup, if kirby's on the ground you MUST make sure he's not ducking if you want to grab him. He can duck a standing (or JC grab), ducks well spaced dash grabs, which lead to him d.tilting you if he's facing you.

____

But that's not what I came in here for.

I figured if anybody knows the answer to this question, it's going to be a shiek.

Ok, so i'm running across the stage. Bowser is running behind me (oh noes), I want to throw needles at him. What is the fastest way for me to turn around and throw needles on the ground out of a run.

Short hop turn around is not the answer im looking for.

I typically wd forward out the run, do a quick dash dance pivot and wd back out of that and needle.

(rolling forward will give u space and turn u the right way to shoot as well, id actually reccomend rolling to edge with a full charge, cuz u can edgecancel:))

although recently i think short hop turn around actually is the answer i think.

except u do short hop fastfall turn around. (meaning, short hop, roll down and back, press b) it starts an aerial needle but u land during the animation and turns into a standing needle

i actually wrote like a whole essay about it somewhere a couple weeks ago, but it was really long and not articulated very well

Top Bottom