• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You wiggle the control stick. I don't know how M2K does his super quick chain stuff. It is largely momentum based, though. You have to do arcs to get height swings or have momentum prior to the height swing. Otherwise it will just flop around and stuff. If you keep it moving, you can keep doing arc stuff, which is pretty much its only onstage use (poking airborne opponents).

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
You wiggle the control stick. I don't know how M2K does his super quick chain stuff. It is largely momentum based, though. You have to do arcs to get height swings or have momentum prior to the height swing. Otherwise it will just flop around and stuff. If you keep it moving, you can keep doing arc stuff, which is pretty much its only onstage use (poking airborne opponents).
A few times, m2k just leaves it in one spot barely moving if at all.

How do you do that?

I always spam the stick trying to get it to move but I can never really control it and it just comes back when I don't want it to >_>

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
To keep the chain out, you hold B. To keep it out in one spot and not have it fly around, just lightly vibrate the control stick in that general direction.

That sounds so gay.

I think M2K just flicks it in directions when it has momentum, but I don't know for sure. He controls it really well D: Why not ask him on AIM if you're so curious? He seems to be the only person who uses it that much.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
To keep the chain out, you hold B. To keep it out in one spot and not have it fly around, just lightly vibrate the control stick in that general direction.

That sounds so gay.

I think M2K just flicks it in directions when it has momentum, but I don't know for sure. He controls it really well D: Why not ask him on AIM if you're so curious? He seems to be the only person who uses it that much.
Because either he is invisible or he is not on.

But I had no idea I had to hold B.

THATS THE TYPE OF STUFF I NEEDED TO KNOW. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SmashGod17

Smash Cadet
How do you start a match as Sheik? I hold every possible button for picking Zelda as well as going to Stage Select, but I always start as Zelda first. What do I do?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How do you start a match as Sheik? I hold every possible button for picking Zelda as well as going to Stage Select, but I always start as Zelda first. What do I do?
I'm going to guess you're coming from Brawl, because Brawl tells you which character you pick on the stage select screen and during the character select screen for others. In Melee it's different. For Zelda / Sheik when the stage is loading, you hold A to be Sheik (after you select a stage).

Because either he is invisible or he is not on.

But I had no idea I had to hold B.

THATS THE TYPE OF STUFF I NEEDED TO KNOW. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
ASDFGHJKL;

O RLY?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm going to guess you're coming from Brawl, because Brawl tells you which character you pick on the stage select screen and during the character select screen for others.
I actually played 7-8 hours of Melee friendlies recently with a friend of mine, and when I first picked Zelda (going for Sheik obviously), I mistakenly held R (lolol ZSS main), and BARELY got my thumb on A in time.

But I was still disappointed in the lack of armor pieces ;_;

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I play Sheik because M2k 4 stocks Darkrain with her.

Haley, what are you confused about for the chain? Honestly, I only use it to edgeguard Fox if I don't have enough time to get on the edge and he's upb'ing.

For that, you basically just make sure if he goes on the inside of the edge, you hit him before he gets to the ledge (aka if fox is on the right side recovering under you would angle the chain down and towards Sheik) so he doesn't grab it. Other than that, you can keep doing whatever you want with the chain vs his upb.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Did you post this in like every char. specific forum or only in Fox and Sheik? =P

Yeah nair rocks =D

btw PAL uair is awsome for combos somehow =)

soap

Smash Hero
ya, thats how i did it

if u press back and roll up, kinda like spacies firefox stall, it is a really easy way to do the ledgehop double fairs whilst maintaining good spacing as well ( do aerial with cstick)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
soap, did you know that you aren't in the sheik finder.

i just thought it was odd.

also, are you going to SMYM? i'm looking for a teams partner still, maybe we could double sheik (my peach is **** in teams, too)

soap

Smash Hero
tec, this is why people think u are a girl.

i mean your name is haley lol

im not confirmed for smym yet.

also im in the sheik finder, but i put my real name down. it was when i first joined the boards and didn't know any better

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Teczero8: im pregnant
Teczero8: OMG
Teczero8: the test is positive
Teczero8: and I'm
Teczero8: definitely
Teczero8: ........
Teczero8: a poopy head

soap come to smym

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL @ Soap.

I was drunk w/e stuff happens :laugh:

I think most players know that I am in fact a guy. My name never helps =( but I can't really do too much about my name so w/e.

Top Bottom