• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
does anyone buy the theory that no one "mains" sheik bc there are too many foxes around?

sub-question: do you think sheik vs fox is even? i think it's reeeeealllly even, but no one blieves me
I think the sheik vs fox match us is anything but even. :urg:

Personally I don't really care what people play, I can still beat most foxes I play with sheik so w/e.

Roxaslawliet

Smash Apprentice
I'd much rather fight a falco than a fox with sheik. falco is easier to gimp, easier to escape his combos and you can duck to utilt their dair approach. just imo though. I've played with Aarosmashguy for like 10 hours yesterday doing sheik vs. spacies for an hour and I found that his falco was easier to deal with than his fox and he's quite good with both characters.

regardless he Michael Jackson'd my child a$$ all day.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure how effective uptilts would be vs falco's dairs.

Its doesn't sound all that effective, I think if they trade hits falco would be in a favorable position most of the time.

IMO Falco deals with sheik about the same. I think they both can beat her quite handily. Though I'll agree with Vanz, I also think Falco is her worst match up but I think barely.

Then again since my worst match up is falco it could be because I just suck balls vs falco.

I'm thinking about it in my head and they both sound about as bad.

A big thing is that vs Falco CC grab is less useful because of falco's ridiculous dairs >_>

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I think the fox/falco matchup is about even when talking about sheik. i think its easier to kill falco, but i think falco can **** you harder on stage.

i dunno im a nub though.

because SOMEONE wont come play me.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
mew2king says that sheik ***** fox? lol wtf. sheik isn't THAT good against fox. i heard he never goes sheik against jman cuz he can't chaingrab.

i think at a high level sheik slightly beats falco. the gimps are too good and falco has trouble killing sheik usually. a lot depends on the stage (Final D is not a good stage for that matchup).

personally, i don't like playing fox bc there are soooo many good foxes out there nowadays. the vertical kills on sheik are too good.

Tero.

Smash Champion
in Pal, possibly.

fox is weaker and lighter
Yeah well true, but personally I feel like the difference between PAL and NTSC isn't that big in this Match-Up (compared to other MU's like Sheik/Marth or Fox/Marth.

Also Fox isn't lighter and apart from his Usmash all moves are the same.

Also nice font color Tec0 :p

>_> KDJ didn't do it to my fox at all to me in doubles.

Its m2k, he says panda bears ate brownies in Alaska with him.

Not everything m2k says is practical :laugh:
Techchasing isn't as effective in doubles as it is in singles (wow that was some pretty horrible english, sorry).

Also if M2K said he ate brownies with panda bears than he did it.

=P

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
imo

sheik beats falco (very slightly)
fox beats sheik (very slightly)

im not good at the falco matchup but thats how i feel from watching a lot of people (mango/m2k especially)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Today I dropped from the ledge with a bair to hit a Fox who was charging his upB

I hit him with the weak hit

then i waited for him to upB again

then i DJ+fair him under DL64

ahhhh **** =D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
imo they're both too close for it to really matter

better player will still win

if sheik loses to them oh well 55/45 or 60/40 disadvantage is sooooooooooo horrible

come on guys we're playing a broken character, and they don't exactly marth/sheik matchup us like we do to marth so we can clearly win this and it's not **** or anything

sheik powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

weak bair to fair is lame

Razor

Smash Journeyman
sheik's broken, but definitely not better than fox. i dunno if the better player between fox vs. sheik always wins tho.

KK is right, that sheik vs marth is waaaaaay worse for than fox vs. sheik. however, ice climbers vs sheik is about as bad as sheik vs marth. that matchup chart is so off when it comes to rating that matchup.

i would say sheik vs fox is about as bad as falco's advantage over fox. not much, but falco handles fox pretty well

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
imo

sheik beats falco (very slightly)
fox beats sheik (very slightly)

im not good at the falco matchup but thats how i feel from watching a lot of people (mango/m2k especially)
Its kinda vague to decide. But I think they both beat sheik pretty handily.

Thats my personal feelings though.

if sheik loses to them oh well 55/45 or 60/40 disadvantage is sooooooooooo horrible

come on guys we're playing a broken character, and they don't exactly marth/sheik matchup us like we do to marth so we can clearly win this and it's not **** or anything

sheik powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

weak bair to fair is lame
YOU LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

Weak bair fair :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

R3N0

Smash Lord
... fox is the bane of the universe...
falco vs sheik isn't so bad if you L2DI and you don't suck @ gimping.

falco is so like.. helpless =x.. and get around lasers with dash attk / jumping nairs outta shield / needles.

needles solve most of the worlds problems...
like world hunger.

and not enough ownage in one's diet.
etc. etc.
hii tec0.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I dunno. I struggle with ****ing Falco. Perhaps it's because I play an overtly offensive game against him that centers around getting him off the stage asap.

Maybe I should camp more and rack up damage that way and THEN get his *** off the stage.

>___>

Smooth Criminal

R3N0

Smash Lord
edge guarding falco is where a lot of his percentage should be coming from lol =p.
its true u cant be OVERLY aggressive + you have to nair outta shield b/c falcos are usually aggressive. plus when ppl aggro sheik .. sheik just hits them outta it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
needles solve most of the worlds problems...
like world hunger.
If we kill all the hungry people, nobody will be hungry anymore!

And Haley is right, I actually love Bair --> Fair

I don't have any practical advice against Falco. Don't get hit?

pockyD

Smash Legend
DI-ing and teching well is probably at least half the battle; if you only take 25-30% per hit instead of 60%-death, that's a huge difference

and ICs vs sheik is not close to being as 'bad' as sheik vs marth

Impp

Smash Ace
If I grab Fox, or Falco underneath a platform, is it generally easier to follow up with a D-throw to tech chase, or up throw onto the platform to something?

Kira-

Smash Champion
however, ice climbers vs sheik is about as bad as sheik vs marth. that matchup chart is so off when it comes to rating that matchup.
bad for who? either that matchup is even or sheik has a slight advantage, ICs are very limited and with sheik's range it's hard for them to get a grab

i would say sheik vs fox is about as bad as falco's advantage over fox. not much, but falco handles fox pretty well
that matchup is even too

wholly agree

soap

Smash Hero
If I grab Fox, or Falco underneath a platform, is it generally easier to follow up with a D-throw to tech chase, or up throw onto the platform to something?
at low percents i would downthrow cuz they can cc all your aerials on the platform and dsmash.

at high percents u can tech chase fair for the kill

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i do d-throw always now except when i'm lazy or want to do uair combo but it's not really practical. any time you could uair after u-throw you could have dash attacked after d-throw and done better follows after. if they bad di the uair or ground themselves after the uair because they tried to cc it or something during their tech then it's better, but they have to screw up for it to be better so it's safer to just d-throw dash attack or regrab or whatever.

against falco, you need to be good at doing aerials at him and away from him because a lot of your ground game will be nom nom nom by lasers. you also have to be good at camping him through the lasers, moving through the lasers, and diing his combos. his unconditional 35% on you from dair or shine or nair shine is dumb but oh well sheik can death combo him and gimp him if she just does moves after throw so it's not like he greatly out-combos her or anything

soap

Smash Hero
yo sheik boards.

anybody know the frames for how long it takes to store needles from a charge?

is this the same figure for an aerial charge as well as standing charge?

that **** always takes longer than I feel it should.

Kira-

Smash Champion
whats the DI to jump out?

i can never ever jump out of that thing even though i see other sheiks do it all the time
slight behind, same as any other cg
watch isai in crews at 0c3 (i think its against DBR)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
How do you not get hit 0-60 vs Falco. This was probably already said within 2 posts ago however I have to leave now and sheik boards are too good with giving answers.

I always thought you could just sdi away in any direction and then you win, however I was playing PC and it didn't seem that way.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think it depends on if they read your DI with the direction of their waveshine.

Basically I believe it depends on how well they predict your DI. So just mix it up is the best thing I would say.

Top Bottom