• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
at first i thought it was some hinamizawa syndrome subplot, then i realized it was real life.

ive been watching 2 much anime the past couple days.

but i really did do some **** *** jew-star combos the other day, im gonna counterpick there now i think.

i was like stalling in the lava, fox is jumping on the platform above me. out the lava i jump upb, double poof him on the plaform and go back to the ledge. The lava rises and bounces him a couple times while i stall some more in the fire. And then i said "lol jew-star"

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
So Spawn,

I hear you might go to Newark, NJ like the city I go to school in....

You should play me ^_^
If you could drive to the hotel I'm staying at which I don't know where it is yet because this job is so sketchy. We could play. :D I'd drive to your place but I'm only driving to New Haven, CT then getting transportation to Newark NJ.

Edit: ****, I just realized you're going to be at Pakfest and not in your state. Man am I dumb lol. With this job we travel all around the states selling trinkets to little kids and ripping them off lol. I have such a great conscious.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Mew2king M2K

How do you fight Peach with Sheik? I hear you play the match-up in a very unique way.

Also do you have any videos to demonstrate?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Mew2king M2K

How do you fight Peach with Sheik? I hear you play the match-up in a very unique way.

Also do you have any videos to demonstrate?
Hit peach with whatever you want.

If you're serious though

Sheik vs Peach match up

Feel free to ask any questions if that post didn't answer all of your questions and I'm sorry I'm not m2k.

If you want m2k's advice go ask him over AIM or something.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Apparently M2K is terrible at giving advice online

but i hear this from LOLmaster so i actually have no idea.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Personally from my experience m2k just tells you how he approaches things.

Which of course doesn't work for anyone.

It takes quite a bit of knowledge to understand what he trying to relay you sometimes.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
hehe you're better off asking us, the dumb ones :(

we dont know what hitboxes and frames are, but we sure know matchups.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Yah bair vs peach = pro.
moar needlez.
dont jab.
dthrow to anything.
dont challenge her BAIR
avoid turnips
thats it.

Kira-

Smash Champion
jabbing peach's shield is good for pressure
jabbing peach when she's not shielding is bad

i asked m2k because i don't think there's very much i can learn from you guys
and mango lives relatively close to me, i can ask him questions any time

this is what i've heard about m2k (i havent seen this myself):
- dashdance to grab
- dthrow to eventual upair
- dthrow to upsmash tip even if they DI away ~60-90%
- once they are in the air do not let them back down
- he CC's at all the right times

for the rest of you... i'm only interested in how you approach

i've seen a bit of reno/kirbykaze/vanz
minimal of tec0

def good sheiks but nothing im not already trying to implement / dont already do / dont know about

no offense, you know what i mean tho

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Approaching Peach is just waiting for them to do something and punishing it. It's not really approaching but you can pressure her in close range okay this way.

If I had to approach Peach I'd just do Fair or something.

In general if they pluck a turnip you can dash attack or grab unless they're at like 10 (for dash attack). If they do floating Fair just hit them before their Fair comes out with a move of some kind because it will eat and consume everything in its path if its hitbox gets out and you will have to get out of its way really quickly. And so forth and so on.

D-throw U-smash doesn't work on Peach.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea d-throw upsmash at anything past like 10 seems kinda unlikely.

I have been doing d-throw upsmash on peaches at very low percents and had pretty good success with it. The general rule for hitting it seems to be that if you have to move in order to hit peach, you can't hit it.

If you guys see some of my vids, I do it a few times against Jfox and believe me, he was trying to nair me out of it every single time.

Upsmash at low percents lets you go for pretty decent stuff mainly upair twice.

Cia

das kwl
^ best response ever.

Not only would mew2king never see your post (he doesn't name search) but he'd tell you to do nearly impossible ****. most of us on the sheik boards are very knowledgeable. but if you just want to do mew2king stuff, then watch his videos and steal everything you can. or PM him. But posting in a public thread not even created by mew2king is not going to get his attention. and saying 'no offense' doesn't make your post look any less douche-baggy

And For the Record, jabbing a grounded peach is generally a horrible idea. if you don't think so, play me in a friendly sometime. Anytime you land a jab is a time you could have landed a grab. Grab leads to amazing-ness.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
My Sheik is terrible. And I don't see a critique thread so... hopefully you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7z3WdfUlas
Sheik v Falco
Johns; At the end I was just frustrated so I stopped trying and did stupid **** like spam dash attack and roll lol... scrub much. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ja2OxYhsgE&feature=channel
Sheik v Marf

I can tell I roll WAY too much... trying to break outta that habit.
Aside from that I failed on quite a few edge cancelled Vanishes... whoops. ^_^;

Halp?<3

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
approaching marth from the air is generally a bad idea since his stupid disjointed hitbox (that haley doesn't know of) will hit you before you can hit him usually. I try to stay grounded and get a grab and then do follow ups.

Kira-

Smash Champion
and saying 'no offense' doesn't make your post look any less douche-baggy

And For the Record, jabbing a grounded peach is generally a horrible idea. if you don't think so, play me in a friendly sometime. Anytime you land a jab is a time you could have landed a grab. Grab leads to amazing-ness.
Why don't we just MM at genesis instead
sounding "douche-baggy" just gets you more $$

Approaching Peach is just waiting for them to do something and punishing it. It's not really approaching but you can pressure her in close range okay this way.

If I had to approach Peach I'd just do Fair or something.

In general if they pluck a turnip you can dash attack or grab unless they're at like 10 (for dash attack). If they do floating Fair just hit them before their Fair comes out with a move of some kind because it will eat and consume everything in its path if its hitbox gets out and you will have to get out of its way really quickly. And so forth and so on.

D-throw U-smash doesn't work on Peach.
thanks, really good advice imo

Drephen

Smash Master
can i get a money match?

my sheik isnt better than mew2kings because i just get consistently lucky at tournaments and can offer no good advice at all

so money match?

Cia

das kwl
Why don't we just MM at genesis instead
sounding "douche-baggy" just gets you more $$
i'm not going to genesis. come to NY and you'll get your money match.

-----

I played mango yesterday at a tournament and his play style it pretty **** annoying. he 3-0'd me in winners and 3-1'd me in GF. I believe our matches were recorded, so i'll post them when they go up.

Kira-

Smash Champion
can i get a money match?

my sheik isnt better than mew2kings because i just get consistently lucky at tournaments and can offer no good advice at all

so money match?
lol you didn't have to make yourself look worse
I'd MM you any day
ask socal for Kira at genesis
but i'll probably come find you either way

>_> Sheik ditto MMs >__________>.

Oh the chaingrabbing joy.
it's not that bad, you can jump out ~70% or go on platforms. no worse than ICs or even ganon
learn to ditto

i'm not going to genesis. come to NY and you'll get your money match.

-----

I played mango yesterday at a tournament and his play style it pretty **** annoying. he 3-0'd me in winners and 3-1'd me in GF. I believe our matches were recorded, so i'll post them when they go up.
If I'm ever in the area I'll let you know.

you playing mango would be cool to see
tbh all i've seen of you is you playing lovage at ROM

Razor

Smash Journeyman
does anyone buy the theory that no one "mains" sheik bc there are too many foxes around?

sub-question: do you think sheik vs fox is even? i think it's reeeeealllly even, but no one blieves me

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah he told me about that too. Said he mm'd Chillin's Fox with his Dk on FD and ***** it so hard or something. Also, I think it's cause KDJ destroyed him in that tourny match Sheik vs Fox, but then again that's KDJ...

Top Bottom