• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Xyzz

Smash Champion
/comes to thread looking for deep insight into sheik . . .sees discussion on post count/post rate.
Go read the Peach thread, you'll never complain about short off topic adventures like this one ;)
Not only that we can go entire pages without mentioning Peach once (and yeah, I do use 40 posts per page, or whatever the maximum is), but our derails had scarcely clothed gingers before (of the male sort)... this is super tame! :D

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sheik's walk is pretty stupid (good). I wouldn't be surprised if you could bair > walk away, and bait someone into thinking they could follow you or something.

It's almost like she's the perfect character. Oh WAIT...

soap

Smash Hero
ya I generally dash away, or jump

but walks let you tilt AS you're doing it, and you can basically buffer a walk, whereas a dash you need to time with ending lag

just seems incredibly ****, but I've never really used it

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
LMFAO Toph that was too good.

Space bair and walk away as they jump OOS asking to be punished.

Why is this game so simple and so complicated. MY BRAIN

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Go read the Peach thread, you'll never complain about short off topic adventures like this one ;)
Not only that we can go entire pages without mentioning Peach once (and yeah, I do use 40 posts per page, or whatever the maximum is), but our derails had scarcely clothed gingers before (of the male sort)... this is super tame! :D
Hey there were also some scarcely clothed gingers of the female sort (not nearly as many)

:phone:

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
AC fairs are hard to dash dance grab but yeah it's doable.

That said, a lot of times people aren't actually dash dance grabbing your fair lag but rather the Sheik that faired didn't action after landing quickly (with whatever you do).

Also, sometimes people fail the DD grab because the opposing Sheik crouches and they go for JC grab. Sheik's crouch has some funny behaviours with her standing grab animation so keep that in mind when deciding how you're going to go about grabbing her for whatever.
I don't know anything about Sheik, but is it possible that Sheik is crouching the standing grabs because the standing grab is higher than the running grab, and Sheik may crouch lower when you first hit in crouch. Puff can dodge more attacks in the first ~12 frames of her crouch, because after that window expires she wiggles and her hurtbox raises up, Sheik's crouch might work similar.

Sheik is interesting.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
He just does weird **** like DI'ing behind me and then rolling past me every time.

He's the only person that can get it to work on me.

:phone:

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I either eat a shine, or he sidesteps.

I feel like there's nothing I can do after a downthrow. I can't go for another regrab, and I can go and attack either.

I'm just really dumb and bad with Sheik I guess.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah....just focus on reacting more. And if you can't get there in time, don't go for it and instead put yourself in a good position.

Reacting is the key.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Shrouded's advice is good. Ideally, you want to react and optimise your tech chase, but if you know you've taken too long then just try to maintain your control. Sheik is kinda good when she's got control.

Top Bottom