• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
Moves don't magically become stronger when the opponent is of lower caliber than you are.
You sure?

F-tilt is (supposedly) not good vs Luigi because his CC ***** it
But in this case the opponent (Vudujin) doesn't seem to CC it..

I only watched the set once, so I'm not sure if KK's spacing in the tilts is so crazy good he couldn't, or if he just doesn't realize to exploit this utility..

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's risky if your opponent holds down all the time, I assume KK would've stopped if he got CC Dsmashed once or twice for Ftilting

But using Ftilt to stuff wavedash approaches is fine because they can't true CC it if they're in the middle of their wavedash (I think that's how wavedashing works anyway)

Having them just hold down at low % would probably still get you Dsmashed even without the true CC so I probably wouldn't do it at low % but I don't play much Sheik yet so whatever <_<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I just might have another piece of misinformation..

I thought that I'm not supposed to tilt when Luigi's grounded. And that tilts are actually not that good vs Luigi.

But just now i watched THIS: KK Vs. Vudujin

Is it the ftilt ****** **** vs Luigi or does it work just because Vudujin is so bad compared to you / you telegraph him so hard.
Yeah that's misinformation. Back from days of old when positioning & timing games weren't publicized or as refined as they currently are.

F-tilt ***** him as long as he's over like 30% and not crouching. It stuffs his WD approach hard. Beware of him trying to beat it with arbitrary d-smashes though (since his d-smash will beat the tilt if they collide on the ground). It's better to grab or do other stuff if he keeps getting ASDI downs on it because comboing a knocked over Luigi is awkward relative to comboing a thrown one, but it's not really bad by any means. He'll never tech it if you do it correctly either, so there's some nice predictability to it.

Moves don't magically become stronger when the opponent is of lower caliber than you are.
Peach's down smash begs to differ.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
But using Ftilt to stuff wavedash approaches is fine because they can't true CC it if they're in the middle of their wavedash (I think that's how wavedashing works anyway)
It's more of a "that's how CC works" - thing. CC is unavailable when the character is in some kind of lag (ending animation of moves, aerial landing lag, and wave dashes and stuff :) )

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
So two Idahomies are going to Kings of Cali. No U and myself, we are both sheiks and about the best Idaho has to offer. No U is probably the best in Idaho. Any fellow sheiks going to Kings of Cali? We'd really like to play some of you and learn some stuff from each other. We are forced to play exclusively in our very isolated Idaho community, we've got some pretty good players but the variety is much welcomed. Toph and Soap, you are both going right? Anyone else?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
So two Idahomies are going to Kings of Cali. No U and myself, we are both sheiks and about the best Idaho has to offer. No U is probably the best in Idaho. Any fellow sheiks going to Kings of Cali? We'd really like to play some of you and learn some stuff from each other. We are forced to play exclusively in our very isolated Idaho community, we've got some pretty good players but the variety is much welcomed. Toph and Soap, you are both going right? Anyone else?
I'm going, but I thought Knuttz was the best player in Idaho? He beat Blunted Object at Genesis.

Also does Seth still play? That guy was pretty good.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I'm going, but I thought Knuttz was the best player in Idaho? He beat Blunted Object at Genesis.

Also does Seth still play? That guy was pretty good.
Knuttz retired quite a long time ago. Anyone that plays seriously in Idaho now is way better than the old Knuttz. Seth is No U and he has gotten even better. I play with him at least 10 hours a week (full time job johns) and we will be training hard before the 10th. Lets learn from each others sheiks.

soap

Smash Hero
Ya I'm going. Really just using this as an excuse to go to socal and get out of this gloomy post hurricane rain.

Hyped to play everybody tho

:phone:

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I have lurked this thread for so long. Psyched to finally get the chance to play some of you guys. Promise to be nice and play me and teach me to be better? SHEIK POWER

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You sure?

F-tilt is (supposedly) not good vs Luigi because his CC ***** it
But in this case the opponent (Vudujin) doesn't seem to CC it..

I only watched the set once, so I'm not sure if KK's spacing in the tilts is so crazy good he couldn't, or if he just doesn't realize to exploit this utility..
A lot of characters can CC Sheik's ftilt. People just don't try to when the situation arises. I personally **** Sheiks with Samus's CC whenever they try to do that janky crap. Heck, I'm pretty sure even Jiggs can CC Sheik's ftilt if she's aware of it.

Good Sheiks use ftilt in scenarios when CCing isn't possible/beneficial, like during the opponent's WD or to stuff their aerial approach, stuff like that. You don't use it at neutral when they're standing right in front of you, especially if they're at low %'s.

soap

Smash Hero
I ftilt primarily in combos and edgeguards

it's moderately safe on shield but there are better things to do, like fair

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
For some reason, whenever I do something as Sheik, I find myself thinking that there was something better I could have done. Later, I think about that option and I come up with yet a better option. I keep going through alternatives, and before I know it I end up right back with the option I used in the first place. This character..... (-_-)

soap

Smash Hero
I overthink combos sometimes

she really has alot of variations she can do with utilt/usmash/dairs

I try not to end with tipped usmashes unless it will actually kill of the top, but sometimes I just take the damage when I get an opportunity to charge one up for a bit

soap

Smash Hero
ya I'm talking about that percent where they go really high and almost die but don't

I don't really like playing those come back down games, I'd rather just have them offstage

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
In battlefield, Sheik can reverse neddle edgehog from a platform.

But there's some situations where I land on the ground instead of grabbing the edge.

What does this depends on ?
I haven't been able to figure it out by myself -_-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to fall forward a bit and then RNS to grab the edge (RNS after you've drifted enough so Sheik will fall nicely onto the BF edge) whereas if you RNS ASAP then you land onstage.

edit: Now that I think about, I'm pretty sure the above is correct. Here's an example of me doing the edge grab. Sheik grabbing edge with RNS after running off BF side platform. You can kind of see me waiting to drift into position for the edge grab and then RNSing. But if you don't drift... if you just run off and RNS super fast I'd guess you'll land onstage 'cuz I RNS stops or slows your momentum (or you hit the stick to the side opposite to which you dashed, which would stop your momentum since you're then drifting against your fall off momentum, or something). It makes sense in my head, anyway.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Because at this point most of what I know is instinctive or procedural memory so I don't have the conscious information to break it down. I just kind of do it because I know how to do it. So I have to walk myself through the whole procedure to figure out mechanic information.

soap

Smash Hero
ahh yes your posts do read like stream of conciousness

I tend to think about stuff, consolidate the information, and just give you something vague

the cactuar approach

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I don't actually think anything KK said in his previous post was complicated. I thought it was very common-sense.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Its ok his post per day is only about .5 ahead yours. Seeing as though you've been around for less time, you got this!!!!!

unknown522

Some guy
Its ok his post per day is only about .5 ahead yours. Seeing as though you've been around for less time, you got this!!!!!
lol. For the first 3-4 years, my post count was like 350. It said I posted on average .3 times per day.

Edit: that was also back when the local threads still counted posts

Brookman

Smash Hero
/comes to thread looking for deep insight into sheik . . .sees discussion on post count/post rate.

Top Bottom