• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
pokemon : No third platform restricts movement aka running away. Transformations are gay. Short ceiling is jank. Hard to short hop through platforms.

I can still **** there of course. there are just minor annoyances

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I see. I like it better than FD tho against a falcon. I've also come to not really enjoy dk64 and rainbow i only like half the time.

my list of good sheik stages
-dreamland
-battlefield(probably her best)
-yoshis
-brinstar

Mu dependent stages
-pokemon
-Fod
-rainbow
-Fd

bad stage
-dk64

idk. sheik has to play so many mu's a certain way the level really does matter. i debated whether to put yoshis on mu dependent. but its really just makes the marth mu a tad harder. and falcon and falco arent bad there either. but its not too big of a difference.
i really cant find anything good about dk64. the edges are bad. the platforms are iffy and mostly too high. the dip in the stage works against sheik. ehhh. i hate it.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, where should I be trying to position myself on the stage? I've recently noticed that stage control is SUPER important and uhh.....where does Sheik fare(lolpun) the best at? The center of the stage, the edge, etc...

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
D Tilt. Why do people use it?

I see a lot of good players use it all the time in videos but whenever I try to utilize it in my game I fall flat on my face. So can some tell me why its useful and when I should use it?

Thanks in advance! :D

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
^Shield stabs, combos, edgeguarding Fox/Falco/Falcon/whoever, avoiding grabs & countering at the same time (against certain characters) etc.

These really aren't questions you should ask, just use your imagination a bit.

unknown522

Some guy
Well for one, I'm quite used to overly defensive play.

I mean.. my region has Jman and Hax as 1/2 >___>.

Another reason is that I believe Fox can use more of his strengths if you play aggressive. Fox can make you feel like you can't move anywhere and that all that you're really doing is getting hit around a lot.

I'm much more scared of a Fox that is constantly in my face, making me always scared of using my option of rolling/sidestepping.

Defensive players give you a sense that you have to play catch. They're much more lenient in a sense.

They both have their merits obviously but I don't like the sense that I'm forced to shield a lot and backed into a corner. If you give me a lot of room I'm much more comfortable.
makes sense.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
^Shield stabs, combos, edgeguarding Fox/Falco/Falcon/whoever, avoiding grabs & countering at the same time (against certain characters) etc.

These really aren't questions you should ask, just use your imagination a bit.
Thank you very much! :D

Yeah I know that was a dumb one to ask but I always just want to make sure.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Dtilt ***** puff at low percents. no joke.
I may pick up fox to fight puff now. to win with sheik it takes about 9000 needles.
or link. those bombs are great. but **** he gets fuucked up by bairs...

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Why are Shiekditos so ****in weird? I find myself crouch2 d-smash all the time, and it actual works D: And I´m not playing dumb smashers...Well, not THAT dumb :D

DJMirror

Smash Master
So I camping with Sheik last night against someone....I gotta say...It was fun...Running away, throwing needles, get grab to ftilt to slap and playing wack as hell. I enjoyed it.

**** Kira and Teczero.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I just try to shield pressure it but it wasn't a good idea =/

Teczero how do you use it so well?! Teach me please! Old Sensei!

Ministry

Smash Ace
crouch to uptilt is pretty good, im really thinking sheik is the best character in the game, her recovery is pretty good, almost everyone of her moves link to 3+moves, great knock back and shes like the only one that can stop jigs planking:laugh:

only bad thing is airel mobility and upb lag.

and HI TECZERO we played at apex not sure if u remember me, was fun though

one of the few canadians

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
crouch to uptilt is pretty good, im really thinking sheik is the best character in the game, her recovery is pretty good, almost everyone of her moves link to 3+moves, great knock back and shes like the only one that can stop jigs planking:laugh:
Too bad Jiggs doesn't need planking to beat the crap out of Sheiks..:embarrass

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

only bad thing is airel mobility and upb lag.

and HI TECZERO we played at apex not sure if u remember me, was fun though

one of the few canadians
Yea I do!

I had a fun time playing you =D. Your sheik was pretty good ^_^

I don't remember your friend's name... but yea nice to meet you bro =D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik's recovery is fuking horrible.

Sheik's only good because of her OHKOs via combos, tech chases, and gimps. Combos aren't even THAT much better than like Falco's. And her range.

Her crap mobility keeps her from playing a broken zoning game.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Sheik's recovery is fuking horrible.

Sheik's only good because of her OHKOs via combos, tech chases, and gimps. Combos aren't even THAT much better than like Falco's. And her range.

Her crap mobility keeps her from playing a broken zoning game.
what do u know about sheik noob

Top Bottom