• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
light shielding is nasty vs people who arent used to it (almost everyone)

its such an underused tactic these days. especially vs space animals. *****s are fast now, ur not gonna shieldgrab them, may as well light shield when u can

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
How nessacary is it to L cancel? I mean I never do it and I seem to do just fine because her recovery on air moves seems great compared to characters like Ganondorf. So I am just wondering if I need to do it all the time with Sheik.

Thanks in advance.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Well would Sheik have any of these Auto canceling moves?

And thanks for answering. Now I will be sure to perfect L cancels! :D

soap

Smash Hero
well there is a way to fastfall moves and autocancel them. but first work on fastfall l-cancel your aerials really low to the ground.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
your **** gettin shield broke son? best stay away if that happens, retreating aerials perhaps?

Vincent46

Smash Cadet
I've been wondering this for quite a bit: what would be the best thing to do if you want to improve, when you're playing someone considerably weaker than you? I mean, not some super scrub, but more like someone you're able to 2-stock regularly and you rarely lose against. Do you pay attention to specific aspects of your gameplay in such occasions? Personally I feel like I don't make great use of friendlies at all, especially since I don't play very often and I'd like to maximize my (limited) opportunities to get better. :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I generally try to experiment with these to see what works and what not works. Like take more risks/try out different things that arent normal for combo strings and stuff. It's like..playing serious but not

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
What are some basic tips to use when facing a luigi? I noticed that Plank tended to D throw to a nair against Ka at Pound. Would a tilt work just as effectively in that situation or would I get hit most likely?

What are some overall good ideas to keep in mind?

And why is Sheik so **** awesome? :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
D-throw F-tilt works if he DIs away but D-throw F-tilt Fair can result in you being Naired. So D-throw F-tilt, dash forward shield under him, then shield grab the Nair and do funny business.

If he doesn't DI away you can Uair. You can Uair even if he does DI away but you shouldn't do it until like 20%. Also dash shield, shield grab the Nair, etc.

Just be careful to not be stupid and let him U-tilt or U-smash under you when he's zipping around. Throw needles to mess with his zipping action and grab him a lot. Don't be stupid against his shield.

Don't tilt him on the ground.

DJRome

Smash Hero
doing some testing vs falco.

falco can cc dsmash until 69%, dtilt until 109%, ftilt until 84%. will do further testing vs fox

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Sheik players, I posted this in the social sheik thread, and I'm just copying what I posted there ^^

Hello everyone, out of curiosity, would there be anyone willing to show me the rope(s) etc... on good approaches vs Sheik players.. I've asked Yoshi brethren, of course, but since you Sheik players actually know ur weakness(s) I'd wish/hope you guys share it with me...

Even though it's "probably" hopeless, me like Axe, are trying to find a way our characters can play against Sheik at a competent level... I could be delusional, but I somewhat believe this match is attainable w/the right perseverance, but I could be wrong.. I guess that's why I'm here

Anyway, anything besides "Vman quit Yoshi, Use a character Viable" etc... I'd really like to hear it..
Thanks you guys <33 ^^
If anyone's willing to give me tips/ideas, it'd be awesome ^^

allrite you guys are awesome <333333

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I played yoshiiscool and PakMan's but I'm not sure how much I can really help. Yoshi is so helpless vs grabbing that it makes me sad.

I guess I'd say try to force her into the air in any way you can. Normally people do this by using lots of ranged pokes and crouch canceling a lot. D-tilt a lot perhaps? Bairs? I'm not sure Yoshi should be approaching aggressively (or at all) if he can help it. It seemed easier to grab him when he was coming to me and I'd imagine that would be really bad if Sheik is trying to win and CGing.

soap

Smash Hero
sheik is weak from below and off the stage

don't really know anything specific other than play smart and space whatever works. but you knew that already

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yoshi vs Sheik seems like such a demoralizing matchup. The only positives are like -
1. Egg tossing sabotages her platform camping.
2. Grab range and good CC force Sheik to space well, otherwise her SH fairs get wavedash back grabbed/fsmashed/dsmashed; her ftilts get CC dsmashed/grabbed; and her dsmashes get shield grabbed.
3. Fair beats her CC.
4. DJC nair is tricky.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
I have got a question about general techchasing against spacies.

Are there ANY differences between techchasing Fox and Falco? Or can you say what works against Fox would work 100% against Falco the same way?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I think their crouch cancel percents where they can successfully CC your dash attack/tilts are a bit different.
But in general, yes. Their tech rolls may be slightly different too, but not different enough to matter.

Is there any specific problems your running into?

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
I wanna create a techchasechart - against which character you gotta do what if they DI your Downthrow like this or like that, at which % etc...I just began with Fox and yeah, I wanted to know if there´s sth I didn´t know about the diffrences between the two spacies ^^

thx :)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
--> This is why I hate Fox<--

How do I beat this? =D
Personally I feel like you gave up and wasnt at your best but I noticed you didnt wave dash back f tilt/ grab when he was approaching. Its really ****! Too bad kk is banned Im sure he could have said more. Eh maybe I look into more when a take my nap just getting home from work :).

Hey give me pointers vs marth. I dont think i have a problem but i could use a tip or too. I dont really get to play a marth who knows the match up or around my skill level very often in south florida :(. I notice you space f tilts when they are conered and its so good!

Also funny thing I feel me and my brother(flamin roy) are around the same skill level but he will win just a little bit more overall cuz im sheik and he is fox :(. Its frustrating.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Haley, are you going to be at Otakon? :hunger:
Stop spamming *****

Depends if Crismas can help me somehow... I think *shrugs*

Next time it'll be your life.

<3

When they're as good as Zgetto you will..:embarrass

Unless you can tell me what I could've done to not get ***** like that :laugh:
Oh, I dunno if I WIN a lot on it but I mean... mentally I'm like eh thats cool.

Lack of platforms do suck.

I was planning on looking at your vids, so I'll critique you if thats what you secretly meant ;)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Personally I feel like you gave up and wasnt at your best
It was a friendly so I gave up at the last Combo :laugh: (In a tournament I would've continued till the bitter end)

but I noticed you didnt wave dash back f tilt/ grab when he was approaching. Its really ****!
Look at the timing & spacing Zgetto attacks with his nairs, he doesn't allow that. I used to do that, but it doesn't work anymore :laugh:

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Do you know Aldwyn?

At 45 looks you you tried and you guys traded your favor
At 1:18 you chose f air instead of wd back f tilt Traded zegetto favor
At 1:53 you chose to approach and sheiks not that great at it. Wd back f tilt looked like a great idea there.

Zgetto's pressure was amazing didnt really let you breathe I see what your saying. No one can be perfect I guess lol

Top Bottom