• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
any form of advice? also the match-up chart isn't 100% right that's why I didn't check it. I know my basic sheik stuff like if i'm going to die and I have no hope of recovering change needles and switch to zedla to keep them.

when she if flaoting up in the air WTF do I do ? everytime I do anything I get punished unless I camp my nuts off(pichu exp. and it worked fairly well)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
so I bair and needle wd oos to punsih d-smash, WTF why can't everyone be good like sheik? everyone but kirby cause he can go kill himself. but i'll try as pichu some more before I totally say f*** this match-up. I respect sheik players a lot more after playing against peaches

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
sheik is funner than marth and gayer. plus I can't combo as marth :( I really suck at comboing with someone who isn't basically automatic like falco and sheik adn some small combos as other people like up-tilt to down B

also I think I just got an idea I can't believe i've ever thought of for pichu to fight sheik with if my ideas work sheik won't be able to soldily **** his approach and will become of of a geuss and miss game now with more grabs(pichu).

really if I wanted to take the easy way out I would plank as puff and go sheik at a chance of a low tier ad etc. I'm playing to learn, get better, and have fun as of now winning is totally unimportant till I can firmly say I know my s***.

really pichu does counter anyone but I still think he is pretty amazing vs puff for a bottom tier. if you can get 25% per a stock you have a chance, 60% your doing great, stock per a stock your amazing.

puff can't just **** like marth or sheik or who ever that's why puff is much easier.

my I play to f*** with people's heads mindgames are soooooo fun.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no sheik not marth i've played as marth for a few months he got boring puff and sheik are way funner. no sheik vs peach ice climbers sehik IF I can't pull off a victory as pichu or come close.

WHA?

Smash Ace
i got some questions

-what to do to avoid fox's shine>wavedash out of it>u-smash
does DIing away help? or DIing toward so that u dont get shined as far?

-whats the best way to get out of falco's pillaring?
my main problem is in the air........ so DI up or left/right?

also,
for fox/falco, when they do their drill>shine on ur shield, do i take action after the shine? (with nair OoS or grab)
i ask because i see ppl actually grab or nair oos after the drill, so is the timing for doing that hard?
or is it just safer to wait for the shine and then take action
here is what teczero said:

- To avoid the shine upsmash from Fox you have to basically SDI the shine away. Its pretty hard to actually avoid it though. Try to SDI it but don't be surprised if you get hit. Its practically a guaranteed combo

Are you asking how to DI the hits? If you are DI the shine either way it doesn't matter they can catch you regardless. For the Dair DI either down and towards or up and away. This gives you the best DI to get away from Falco. Which one you need to use kinda depends on the situation.

tbh on the last one, I'm trying to learn all the tidbits myself. I'm not 100% sure on the what to do what vs what scenario. It largely depends on the falco though.

If falcos does a dair and hits the top of your shield you're able to shield grab them. If they hit your shield with a delayed dair though, you're stuck in your shield and you're pretty much unable to do much. If you know they're going for it though you can kinda WD out if you're fast enough or just roll to avoid the dair. You can also Nair out as well but I'm not sure what scenario is the best to do that in. I'm thinking its good right after the first wave of aerial shine but like I said, I"m not 100% sure.

i posted this cause i thought others would benefit too

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
When is a good time to use the utilt?

I find myself rarely ever using yet every video and guide I have seen it tells me to use that move a lot.

So... umm yeah. Thanks in advance. Also a lot of freaking VA/MD players in the boards I noticed. We need a biweekly tournament or something...

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Thats very good thank you very much.

Another question. How does Sheik stand in 2v2 competitive play? Do we have to play Sheik any differently? Or do you just play her the same? And in general is she even good in teams because I seem to have a tougher time whenever teams show up.

Thanks in advance.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Thats very good thank you very much.

Another question. How does Sheik stand in 2v2 competitive play? Do we have to play Sheik any differently? Or do you just play her the same? And in general is she even good in teams because I seem to have a tougher time whenever teams show up.

Thanks in advance.
im relatively new to melee so feel free to ignore my advice but im pretty sure sheik is pretty good in teams. Firstly because the best team in the world (Ken and isai) is a sheik/marth team.

She can either be played aggessively or defensively, depending on how your opponents play.
A specific example of why she is good in teams is because her needles are awesome for saving your teammate from being edgeguarded. For an example of this being done just watch any ken + Isai vid :) hope this helps

Now i have my own question. Why dont pro sheik players transform into zelda to live longer when sheiks recovery wont make it back? especially in doubles when you have a teammate that can fend off your opponents while you transform back?

Thanks

mers

Smash Ace
im relatively new to melee so feel free to ignore my advice but im pretty sure sheik is pretty good in teams. Firstly because the best team in the world (Ken and isai) is a sheik/marth team.

She can either be played aggessively or defensively, depending on how your opponents play.
A specific example of why she is good in teams is because her needles are awesome for saving your teammate from being edgeguarded. For an example of this being done just watch any ken + Isai vid :) hope this helps

Now i have my own question. Why dont pro sheik players transform into zelda to live longer when sheiks recovery wont make it back? especially in doubles when you have a teammate that can fend off your opponents while you transform back?

Thanks
Ken and Isai were the best team in the world a long long time ago. The metagame has changed dramatically since then. Now, a marth/sheik team would probably do pretty badly.

And pros don't transform because edgeguarding zelda is even easier than sheik, so eventually the result can be dying as zelda if you're killed off the side or top blastzones before you have time to transform back. Then when you transform when you respawn you lose your invincibility, giving your opponent a free combo.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Ken and Isai were the best team in the world a long long time ago. The metagame has changed dramatically since then. Now, a marth/sheik team would probably do pretty badly.

And pros don't transform because edgeguarding zelda is even easier than sheik, so eventually the result can be dying as zelda if you're killed off the side or top blastzones before you have time to transform back. Then when you transform when you respawn you lose your invincibility, giving your opponent a free combo.
So a Sheik/Marth team wont work? Darn, thats what we have been trying to for in the past week. I just noticed that Sheik is having a tough time lifting her own weight.

Would Gdorf/Marth work?

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
hey so i wanna know what u guys think of vanish combos... hittin them with you up B and then doing **** from that....... cause iv done it so many times just for fun ya i know it's probably horrible most of the time but hey i got like tons of up airs into a back air from it to a gimp haha im trying to develop a more unique shiek style. to many lame shiek's

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea i vanish combo from the edge allllll the time lol. vanish-->reverse fair is my fav to edgeguard or vanish uair or dair to combo depending

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
So a Sheik/Marth team wont work? Darn, thats what we have been trying to for in the past week. I just noticed that Sheik is having a tough time lifting her own weight.

Would Gdorf/Marth work?
Marth is really more the problem, he's not a fantastic teams character.

soap

Smash Hero
yea i vanish combo from the edge allllll the time lol. vanish-->reverse fair is my fav to edgeguard or vanish uair or dair to combo depending
on the left of stadium one time by the mountain i did up b to walljump fair off the cliff

it was pretty silly

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
is there a way to make lightshielding easier?
Dont fully press the shield button. Its really easy imo. I can alternate between the 2 shields pretty easily. If you can't do it, well you can always roll and leave the button pressed I guess.

Eternal Mangekyo

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any videos or advice to help me learn the UpB Stall?

what i am doing right now is:
Moving away from the stage on the Ledge- Up+B- Down to the ledge.

I hope that supplies enough information.

Top Bottom