• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Because kirby is a sorry excuse for a character. He slowing but surely declines down the tier list and no one attempts to save him. God spare kirby. And lol ya i know kk im sure you will never do that again. Or so i hope. Also the sheik boards are to good. I dare say we are one of the most helpful/educated/chill board members :).

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
All Im saying is that my friend used to use a decent kirby. and my sheik (when i was not at a quarter of the skill i am now, and when he knew about all the "adv moves") consistently 3 and 4 stocked him. sad.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Kirby at a pro level is like any other character, no matter the tier, at a pro level; you still need to know the match-up or else. Obviously my Kirby is going to knock Amsah out of pools at Pound.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kirby at a pro level is like any other character, no matter the tier, at a pro level; you still need to know the match-up or else. Obviously my Kirby is going to knock Amsah out of pools at Pound.
The main strategy against Kirby isn't very obvious so I'll put it here inconspicuously in bright, bold letters.

CAMP THE LITTLE RUNT

nicaboy

Smash Champion
If any of you guys lost to a kirby i wouldn't let you post here again. Unless you wanna be known as a sheik who lost his money to a kirby. I mean i guess you can use the john i don't know the match up but ugh it kirby. You can spam back air what can he do? Matter of fact camp that ho spam aerials. Tilt him everythings works!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol of course you would know. And lol kirby should be banned for being so bad. The only low tiers i say have a some what chance at be decent or good would be link roy and pikachu. Thats it all of the others are way too bad. Of course theres an exception for some characters like tais mewtwo or dj nintendos bowser but overall no.

Luma

Smash Lord
well not knowing the matchup only works as far as you still suck at smash

like me at my 2nd tournament where i lost like 10 friendlies to the best kirby in europe

(but then i owned him 2x in brackets + won a MM xD)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i know that we're done flamethrowing amsah, but i just played a couple of solid peaches yesterday. i definitely struggled in that matchup. i feel like if i get a grab, it's lights out for peach but that's about it. i think my biggest problem is that they start *thinking* and go into defensive mode.

i think i was overconfident and then i overcompensated by going aggro. not a good idea, peach's defensive options are incredible.

Tero.

Smash Champion
. i feel like if i get a grab, it's lights out for peach but that's about it.
And now try to imagine you can't do anything from a grab except maybe sometimes a dash attack here and there.

Yup, PAL's fun.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol true that luma but like the community says friendlies don't mean ****. And peach is very easy for sheik. Play camping and bait down smash and retreating aerials. They also love to dash attack sitting in your shield is amazing at times. On platforms anticipate the down smash then punish accordingly. Peach doesn't do that bad vs sheik but sheik has an easy time against her.

gm jack

Smash Lord
How exactly can you punish a Peach who isn't making loads of mistakes? In PAL especially, with the Dthrow and Uair nerfed, Sheik has nothing on Peach aside from needles and slight general agility advantage, but Peaches horizontal air speed and float can render these near useless.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
How exactly can you punish a Peach who isn't making loads of mistakes? In PAL especially, with the Dthrow and Uair nerfed, Sheik has nothing on Peach aside from needles and slight general agility advantage, but Peaches horizontal air speed and float can render these near useless.
You can't. :embarrass

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Well for one i was taught every time you get hit you made a mistake and vice versa. Its makes sense to be weather you were in range of an attack or spaced your moves bad. Even not reacting properly. That said in the first place when you do land hits or a grab you did in fact punish your opponent. Although i don't know anything about pal melee since i play ntsc so i don't know what to say.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
nicaboy where u from?
also against defense peaches.... needles... especially if they are trying to pull turnips/ground camping. I find that if I throw enough single needles they will get aggravated and become offensive.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
If your refering about my birth in from long beach california. My smash i started out in atlanta those guys know so ask lol. Then socal. Now im currently in miami. I like recently got known lol. Do you play with any of the ga melee players? Im a dogysamich fan boy :)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
yea i play with the atlanta boys i was with chaddd, fullmetal, sleepyk etc last sat.
so on the current match up thread sheik is listed as even with puff and at an advantage (one rank higher than slight advantage) did i miss something? i thought sheik was at slight/advantage on puff and only at a slight advantage against doc because of his chain grab

gm jack

Smash Lord
Same. Puff ***** sheik if she can get inside her defense. Big if. Sheik is quicker with longer range and a projectile to kill approaches. I can see it being even to slightly in either's advantage.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tbh I don't even think its about range even. Though I really don't know what moves beats what in this match up so *shrugs*

IMO this match up is about how well you can move sheik. And you're probably going to rely on more defensive options rather than offensive ones.

And d-tilt is amazing in this match up imo :bee:

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
here is why sheik is better
1) needles. puff has no projectiles, so camping is in sheiks favor (yea she can crouch but you can throw needles from a jump or hit her while shes jumping)
2) downthrow combos. work like a charm on all the other floaters puff is no different
3) bair uair nair and slap. lol all the airs are great, bair as STUPID range on puff, uair is deadly as is slap, and nair also has great range
4)speed. should be self explanatory, sheik has both quick movement and attacks
5) ftilt, dtilt. yea tilts are epic against puff

imo
6) recovery (As long as ur close to the edgef). i think puff has a harder time dealing with sheik off the edge (only slightly but still, and thats a big part of jiggs game) cuz of her disappeariness and invinciblity frames. also sheik can pretend shes marth protecting her self with fair spams while getting back.

ALSO
7) down-b. i have been told that zelda is a solid puff counter (i think the side airs do the trick), i dunno but if its true, but if it is that should really knock the ball in our court for advantage

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
here is why sheik is better
1) needles. puff has no projectiles, so camping is in sheiks favor (yea she can crouch but you can throw needles from a jump or hit her while shes jumping)
Not as good as you claim, needles don't force jiggs to approach the way other characters are forced to. All jiggs approaches are in the air even with needles in play.

2) downthrow combos. work like a charm on all the other floaters puff is no different
Only difference being if she crouches it your dead. Making trying to grab jiggs a pretty decent risk.

3) bair uair nair and slap. lol all the airs are great, bair as STUPID range on puff, uair is deadly as is slap, and nair also has great range
Only bair beats jiggs bair (I think, maybe jiggs bair beats it due to trajectory). A proper spacing jiggs doesn't really give Sheik good aerial options. Sheik doesn't have great forward momentum and with the jiggs spacing with bair or fair it's really hard to just throw these out to get hits.

4)speed. should be self explanatory, sheik has both quick movement and attacks
I like Sheik's speed. I don't feel like it helps in this matchup since grounded jiggs is dangerous and aerial jiggs can lock Sheik onto the ground pretty well.

5) ftilt, dtilt. yea tilts are epic against puff
imo
Fair and bair of jiggs both beat tilts I believe which is the main approach, and grounded is dangerous as any tilt below like 40-50% can be CC'd into rest or grab.

6) recovery (As long as ur close to the edgef). i think puff has a harder time dealing with sheik off the edge (only slightly but still, and thats a big part of jiggs game) cuz of her disappeariness and invinciblity frames. also sheik can pretend shes marth protecting her self with fair spams while getting back.
Your opinion, I think jiggs has the easiest time edgegaurding Sheik than any other character.

Edit: Unless your Sliq, sorry Sliq.

ALSO
7) down-b. i have been told that zelda is a solid puff counter (i think the side airs do the trick), i dunno but if its true, but if it is that should really knock the ball in our court for advantage
I'll give you this one because I don't know this matchup.

I think Jiggs beats Sheik pretty well. Sheik does well because her ground game sets up her aerial game, I don't think that's the case in this matchup.

Top Bottom