• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik teams well with most characters.

In my experience, you want someone that can grab effectively or live forever. Sheik's D-throw takes too long.

Beyond that, I think a partner that hits people really far is useful for Sheik because she can then gimp or follow and create a gimp situation.

Puff is an amazing teammate for Sheik.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm a Falcon player. >_>

I like the Sheik boards because yall don't worry about being sexy all of the time like in ther Falcon boards. -_-

Spife

Smash Master
I hate Falcon. We have to try so hard.

So Falcon only does well with Puff and Fox?
Awwwww poor you. Yeah you're right. Playing high tier is sooooooo hard.

Why, back in my tier, we had to nair at least 2 times everytime we entered the air if we wanted to survive. If a fox made 5 mistakes you might be able to even out that one mistake you made. We didn't have a word for comboing because there was no such thing. Only getting lucky with a few hits and not losing a stock in between! And the only time we used "Gimp" in a sentence is when we were talking about or own stocks.

you whippersnappers and your high tiers, I tell yuh what.

Spife

Smash Master
Falcon regularly runs around in tight, purple spandex. Sometimes it's pink instead.

Sounds kind of gay to me.

Who does he run around with? A furry, a ******, a pretty boy (dressed in his mothers hair band), a bird, a balloon, a princess with a vacuum between her legs (in more ways then one) and some twincesters with a fetish for 3 somes.

Sounds kind of ****ed up to me.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
the court of hetero will address the following violations of heterosexuality committed by captain falcon
up-b looks suspiciously like sodomy
nipples are colored differently on costume
white and pink spandex
spandex at all
excessive muscle for a race car driver
homo erotic poses in victory scenes

verdict: GUILTY

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
unrelated... well half unrelated questions
1) if captain falco throws me up how should i respond?
2) i F$CKING hate foxes uair juggling is there an effective way to minimize the amount of hits once ur in the air?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Falcon grabs you, no matter how he throws you should DI away. After that, he has a bunch of options. We're fortunate, though, that his best option is to try and get Uairs and DI away counters that. He can also try for Nair, which is hard countered by SDIing the Nair up but if you DI away he can only really follow with Uair or a tech chase anyway (you're Sheik so the tech chase one isn't that bad) so DI away is still good. So just DI away, always. Sometimes try to double jump, sometimes try to Nair. Sometimes just wiggle out of the stun and do nothing. Just be really random at first and then pick stuff based on their habits. If you can react consistently to them, even better.

The only exception to DI away against Falcon is when you're in kill percent and they can U-throw Knee. So at like 70 - 100+ (or whenever it stops comboing) DI the throw away and then prepare to survival DI the Knee. Even then sometimes they'll try for Uair --> Knee so DI away is still often applicable even at U-throw Knee combo percent.

For beating Fox Uair, I have a handy dandy guide.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217426

soap

Smash Hero
unrelated... well half unrelated questions
1) if captain falco throws me up how should i respond?
2) i F$CKING hate foxes uair juggling is there an effective way to minimize the amount of hits once ur in the air?
don't worry about defensive smash

just kill them faster

soap

Smash Hero
doesn't mean that ganon and sheik don't work in teams...

i was just presenting proof that it has worked decently without kage

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh.

I said "Kage or it fails" as a joke.

I think Sheik's good with Ganon. She saves him easily and she takes advantage of him hitting people offstage and hitting really hard when she's grabbed someone.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
My name is kirby kaze. I main kirby. Kirby is really bad though. My best move back air is only an ok move. I cant combo at all. My grabs get me killed as well as my opponent. So now i play sheik because i realize i don't suck at the game. However kirby does.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My name is kirby kaze. I main kirby. Kirby is really bad though. My best move back air is only an ok move. I cant combo at all. My grabs get me killed as well as my opponent. So now i play sheik because i realize i don't suck at the game. However kirby does.
:laugh:

I mained Kirby seriously for about a year. Then I realized that there's too many matchups where he really can't hit the opponent if they don't let him.

Top Bottom